Several random Christmastime questions.

Thanks for your help in advance...I searched around but there's some things I didn't find:

First, my son just turned 2, goes to sleep at 8 and I don't feel the need to spend $100+ for MVMCP until next year when he will really "get it" (and stay up)...so I'm exploring our "free" options. (Especially photo-ops since I'm going to get a photo-cd)

1. I heard Santa is out in DTD and the American Pavilion. Does he show up in MK during regular park hours? (Or other parks?)

2. Son just got over fear of characters. Any place to get to characters dressed up in holiday garb outside of MVMCP?

3. Castle-lighting ceremony happens on non-MVMCP nights, right? We plan on seeing that, the candlelight processional/Christmas around the world, and the Osbourne Family lights. Any other cool Christmastime things maybe more obscure out there? I want to hit some resorts like GF and walk around.

Thanks so much for your help!

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Several random Christmastime questions.

I have seen Santa Goofy at Animal Kingdom.
    All of the resorts are decorated for the Holidays. Even the kennels.
    GF is a not-miss. They have a huge gingerbread house (store) where you can buy cocoa and cookies (I think). They also have a vender giving away roasted chestnuts.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club have special Christmas exhibits. The Yacht Club has a beautiful train layout, and the Beach Club has a Chocolate Carousel.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I did a trip report when I returned from my Christmastime trip last year, and those last two photos are from that report. The first two photos show you a picture of the Chocolate Carousel at the Beach Club, and the Train Display at the Yacht Club.

Also Epcot has a really wonderful Christmas around the World. Each country has many special presentations throughout the day, that tells you about the different customs. Several countries have their Santas, Father Christmas, Papa Noel, etc; making their presentation. It is quite interesting.

I also had my photo taken with Santa at Magic Kingdom. He was located about 1/2 way down Main Street near the silouhette booth. I also had my silouhette done with a Santa Silouhette. It made a wonderful souvenir of my trip. I believe the Photo Pass Photographer was stationed there, as well.

• Can't get enough!

Santa has always been by City Hall in MK in the past....

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

3. Castle-lighting ceremony happens on non-MVMCP nights, right?
    Only the week or a few days before Christmas, if I remember correctly.

• Banned User

Last year, they did the castle lighting nightly on non-party day. I went to several non-party nights just for that. Unless they changed that this year?

As for santa? He appears next to City Hall and also at EPCOT's American Adventure.

As for characters in holiday attires... I know they have had them in a "tree farm" photo op setup across from the Pooh ride, and if not mistaken, at Toontown Fair as well.

I'm pretty sure the castle lighting is nightly - but I'd call and check on the date that it starts. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/100_8434.jpg

Holiday costumed characters are around (at least last year in mid-December they were) The characters at the character greeting had holiday accessories and the parades are holiday themed in the day time as well. AK Jingle Jungle Jammin Parade and the stars and motorcars parade was - don't know if the new Block Party Parade will have holiday touches or not. ( http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/100_8530.jpg )

Santa is also at Downtown Disney Marketplace and there are alot of decorations up there as well as some little kids rides for a couple bucks. Again, I would call about hours and try to get there early.

The grand Floridian has a Gingerbread Shop made out of Gingerbread and an amazing Tree in the lobby. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/100_8389.jpg
    Stay at home Mom of 3 girls - Devon, Sarah & Erin
    Native Floridian (endangered species - we are)
    Breast Cancer Survivor (1 year Nov. 08)

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    Thanks for your help in advance...I searched around but there's some things I didn't find:
    2. Son just got over fear of characters. Any place to get to characters dressed up in holiday garb outside of MVMCP?
    Thanks so much for your help!
    You can find characters in complete holiday outfits at AK (Camp Minnie-Mickey), and at Character Landing they have hats/scarves. For the most part, the characters outside of MVMCP are just in hats/scarves (if they have any).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09