Question Kim Possible Attraction at Epcot

Does anyone have any additional information regarding the opening date of the new Kim Possible Attraction? So far as I can find, it will open in late 2008 (Isn't that now!! My family and I will be traveling to WDW right after Thanksgiving and I will just die if it isn't opened. I am looking forward to it more than a grown-up should.

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Kim Possible Attraction at Epcot

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle*toon View Post
    Does anyone have any additional information regarding the opening date of the new Kim Possible Attraction? So far as I can find, it will open in late 2008 (Isn't that now!! My family and I will be traveling to WDW right after Thanksgiving and I will just die if it isn't opened. I am looking forward to it more than a grown-up should.
    There is no Kim Possible attraction. However, there is a Kim Possible interactive game which has gone trough both CM and guest testing. I don't think that there is a release date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Interactive game or not... I think it is an attraction as it is attracting me to go to Epcot and experience it. I've seen clips of the "game" on-line and it looks AWESOME!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I meant to check my Mickey Monitor when I got home and forgot, I apologize but it does talk about the Kim Possible interactive game, I just couldn't remember is it was Fall 08 or Spring 09 and I wanted to check before I said something.

My family were part of the guests that experienced it, as a gaming family we had a BLAST. You won't be disappointed.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

In Oct. 15 2008 I was doing the first of the day Sagway tour and at the end Saw a lot of Castmember walk and it was the Kim possible Team.

Open in Nov or dec I think?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Banned User

I just have to ask what does Kim Plausible has to do with EPCOT Center's themes of the future?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I just have to ask what does Kim Plausible has to do with EPCOT Center's themes of the future?
    I think it's more the globe trotting/keeping kids entertained in World Showcase that has to do with EPCOT. The majority of the adventure takes place in World Showcase, so I think it's being marketed as a "globe trotting adventure."
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Disney, Verizon to turn the cellphone into a theme-park visitor's tool - Los Angeles Times

The Happiest Place on Earth will soon know where in the world you are.

Walt Disney Co. has struck a deal with Verizon Wireless that will allow it to remain in wireless contact with its theme park visitors -- even when they step outside the turnstiles in Anaheim and Orlando, Fla.
    The Happiest Place on Earth will soon know where in the world you are.

Walt Disney Co. has struck a deal with Verizon Wireless that will allow it to remain in wireless contact with its theme park visitors -- even when they step outside the turnstiles in Anaheim and Orlando, Fla.

Using technology in a mobile phone that pinpoints the device's location, Disney would be able to recommend activities or restaurants to users. For example, Disney could help parkgoers avoid a long wait at Pirates of the Caribbean by alerting them to shorter lines at the Matterhorn Bobsleds, or exploit the phone's location awareness to suggest burgers at the Tomorrowland Terrace to visitors who've just exited the nearby Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride.

"If I'm standing here, Mickey is there, how do I make my way to Mickey?" said Ryan Hughes, vice president of business development and strategic partnerships at Verizon. "If we're dying for food, where's the closest restaurant? How do we find our way there?"

This communication could extend beyond the park, with Disney sharing personalized mementos of the visit, such as a photograph from Sleeping Beauty along with a message, thanking the young guest for visiting her castle.
    Using technology in a mobile phone that pinpoints the device's location, Disney would be able to recommend activities or restaurants to users. For example, Disney could help parkgoers avoid a long wait at Pirates of the Caribbean by alerting them to shorter lines at the Matterhorn Bobsleds, or exploit the phone's location awareness to suggest burgers at the Tomorrowland Terrace to visitors who've just exited the nearby Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride.

Disney's wireless service debuts early next year at Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida at the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. Initially, visitors will receive a hand-held device, dubbed a "Kimmunicator," which they will use as they travel throughout the park, searching for clues and solving puzzles as they help the Disney Channel animated sleuth on her mission to save the world. Over time, park visitors will be able to use their phones to find shows, restaurants and Disney characters inside the parks, and get instant information about wait times.

So, early next year.

The real question now is, will there be a corporate sponsor lounge

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• May the F=ma be with you

So, early next year.

The real question now is, will there be a corporate sponsor lounge

-dave
    That article is very recent. Originally, the game was supposed to debut late this year. As I mentioned, it has gone through guest and cast testing recently. The article seems to confirm that the game has been delayed as was suggested elsewhere.

On a side note, my father works for a very large telecommunications company who just so happens to have sponsored my favorite attraction in WDW. Through all the times that we have gone on that attraction, he never knew that his company had a corporate lounge on the second floor of the post-show. Unfortunately (and maybe a somewhat fortunately), his company no longer sponsors that attraction.

Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.