• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Wonderland Music Now at WDW

I haven't seen this posted yet, so here we go.

Disney World now has the Wonderland music, burn your own CD that Disneyland has had for a while now. I stumbled upon it while browsing one day. It's in the Main Street Cinema, and offers both movie soundtracks and old Disney attractions. Some of the notable ones were the Country Bears, the Tiki Room, and America Sings. Something very low key, and really has the potential to expand into something truly great.

Just thought I would let everyone know.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• In Technicolor!

Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    I haven't seen this posted yet, so here we go.

Disney World now has the Wonderland music, burn your own CD that Disneyland has had for a while now. I stumbled upon it while browsing one day. It's in the Main Street Cinema, and offers both movie soundtracks and old Disney attractions. Some of the notable ones were the Country Bears, the Tiki Room, and America Sings. Something very low key, and really has the potential to expand into something truly great.

Just thought I would let everyone know.
    Must be in response to the burgeoning underground market.

• A Real Disney Attraction

HAHAH .. very well put.
    -Mike

Weird. I didn't see this when I was there two weeks ago, although I only did a quick walk-thru of the place as it's now home base for the Virtual Magical Kingdom ... and WDW did USED to have Wonderland Music years ago as I burned a few CDs of my own at the shop near the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

Strange that they'd bring it back ... and to WDW too.

• A Real Disney Attraction

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Weird. I didn't see this when I was there two weeks ago, although I only did a quick walk-thru of the place as it's now home base for the Virtual Magical Kingdom ... and WDW did USED to have Wonderland Music years ago as I burned a few CDs of my own at the shop near the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

Strange that they'd bring it back ... and to WDW too.
    You might already know this since you were just out West, but just in case I would volunteer that the new Wonderland system is light years ahead of the old Forever kiosk system
    -Mike

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The difference between old and new is that the old was pick your own WDW specific tracks, and the new is entire albums, not just limited to WDW.

And WDW1974, I was there 2 weeks ago also, and saw them. It looks like there's only one station, next to the doorway to the watch shop. There are also sample jewel cases of CDs you can make by the entrance from Main Street. I would have never noticed it if I didn't enter from Uptown Jewelers though.

If it's the same system as DL then it's a great addition, although I wonder how many of WDW's guests will give a darn. They aren't the most sophisticated theme park visitors out there!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    If it's the same system as DL then it's a great addition, although I wonder how many of WDW's guests will give a darn. They aren't the most sophisticated theme park visitors out there!
    Truth be told, I would have bought the America Sings, Country Bear, and Tiki Room Cds if I already didn't own the 6 CD Disneyland set. I hope that that marvelous set doesn't limit the system's potential either. Bring back some classic Disney World albums, like the EPCOT Center LP, then I'll be the first one in line.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Truth be told, I would have bought the America Sings, Country Bear, and Tiki Room Cds if I already didn't own the 6 CD Disneyland set. I hope that that marvelous set doesn't limit the system's potential either. Bring back some classic Disney World albums, like the EPCOT Center LP, then I'll be the first one in line.
    Hey Yoyo... If you pick up the 2-disc "Happiest Celebration on Earth" official WDW album you pretty much get all of the tracks that were on the original EPCOT Center LP. The only song completely missing is "The Computer Song". "Golden Dream" on this CD is the current version, and not the original track featured on EPCOT LP. But still... nice to have all of these tracks on CD!