Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    I haven't seen this posted yet, so here we go.

    Disney World now has the Wonderland music, burn your own CD that Disneyland has had for a while now. I stumbled upon it while browsing one day. It's in the Main Street Cinema, and offers both movie soundtracks and old Disney attractions. Some of the notable ones were the Country Bears, the Tiki Room, and America Sings. Something very low key, and really has the potential to expand into something truly great.

    Just thought I would let everyone know.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  2. #2

    • In Technicolor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    211 Pine Street, Mayfield
    Posts
    10,237

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    I haven't seen this posted yet, so here we go.

    Disney World now has the Wonderland music, burn your own CD that Disneyland has had for a while now. I stumbled upon it while browsing one day. It's in the Main Street Cinema, and offers both movie soundtracks and old Disney attractions. Some of the notable ones were the Country Bears, the Tiki Room, and America Sings. Something very low key, and really has the potential to expand into something truly great.

    Just thought I would let everyone know.
    Must be in response to the burgeoning underground market.

  3. #3

    • A Real Disney Attraction
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    122

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    HAHAH .. very well put.
    -Mike

  4. #4

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    Weird. I didn't see this when I was there two weeks ago, although I only did a quick walk-thru of the place as it's now home base for the Virtual Magical Kingdom ... and WDW did USED to have Wonderland Music years ago as I burned a few CDs of my own at the shop near the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

    Strange that they'd bring it back ... and to WDW too.

  5. #5

    • A Real Disney Attraction
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    122

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Weird. I didn't see this when I was there two weeks ago, although I only did a quick walk-thru of the place as it's now home base for the Virtual Magical Kingdom ... and WDW did USED to have Wonderland Music years ago as I burned a few CDs of my own at the shop near the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

    Strange that they'd bring it back ... and to WDW too.
    You might already know this since you were just out West, but just in case I would volunteer that the new Wonderland system is light years ahead of the old Forever kiosk system
    -Mike

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    The difference between old and new is that the old was pick your own WDW specific tracks, and the new is entire albums, not just limited to WDW.

    And WDW1974, I was there 2 weeks ago also, and saw them. It looks like there's only one station, next to the doorway to the watch shop. There are also sample jewel cases of CDs you can make by the entrance from Main Street. I would have never noticed it if I didn't enter from Uptown Jewelers though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  7. #7

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    If it's the same system as DL then it's a great addition, although I wonder how many of WDW's guests will give a darn. They aren't the most sophisticated theme park visitors out there!

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    If it's the same system as DL then it's a great addition, although I wonder how many of WDW's guests will give a darn. They aren't the most sophisticated theme park visitors out there!
    Truth be told, I would have bought the America Sings, Country Bear, and Tiki Room Cds if I already didn't own the 6 CD Disneyland set. I hope that that marvelous set doesn't limit the system's potential either. Bring back some classic Disney World albums, like the EPCOT Center LP, then I'll be the first one in line.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  9. #9

    • Wishin' I was at WDW.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NYC.
    Posts
    2,904

    Re: Wonderland Music Now at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Truth be told, I would have bought the America Sings, Country Bear, and Tiki Room Cds if I already didn't own the 6 CD Disneyland set. I hope that that marvelous set doesn't limit the system's potential either. Bring back some classic Disney World albums, like the EPCOT Center LP, then I'll be the first one in line.
    Hey Yoyo... If you pick up the 2-disc "Happiest Celebration on Earth" official WDW album you pretty much get all of the tracks that were on the original EPCOT Center LP. The only song completely missing is "The Computer Song". "Golden Dream" on this CD is the current version, and not the original track featured on EPCOT LP. But still... nice to have all of these tracks on CD!

Similar Threads

  1. 10/9: Epcot Wonderland
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
  2. Disney Music Group Thriving in a Struggling Music Industry
    By disneytim in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 05:37 AM
  3. 5/25: Booty Wonderland
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
  4. All in the Golden Afternoon-Alice in Wonderland Area Music
    By fantasmic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 10:03 AM
  5. Alice in Wonderland B&W
    By jurgenb52 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 02:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •