Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Christmas and Pixie Hollow has come to the Magic Kingdom! (Pic Heavy)

I had the most delightful day alone at the Magic Kingdom, I also managed to visit a place I hadn't been to since I was a child and tour another hotel that I've never been to at all! Holiday's are in the air and the Magic Kingdom is definitely in full swing.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took yesterday (all 380 of them), click here.

I arrived to the TTC and tried to decide which mode of transportation to take.

As the day was JUST beautiful, slight breeze but no humidity, I opted for the ferryboat!

Unfortunately I was too late for the opening ceremony but that meant a lot less people to weed through.

As I walked in I found Main Street all decorated for the holidays and Christmas music being played all along Main Street!

There was this area next to City Hall that had a lot of Santa Claus decorations, I can only assume that's where you will be able to meet Sir Nicholas closer to the holiday season.

40 Days until Christmas? I don't want to know that! LOL

I tried to pick up the bag of coal.

Roy and Minnie has been temporarily moved to another location and this is the current backdrop for the new holiday season.

Just lovely!

Even some of the windows have been given a special overlay.

Even the residents of Main Street were in on the fun. This wonderful lady offered to teach me how to sing, I kindly denied her offer.

Time to check the Information Board. Huh, not bad, oh! Very nice! Wait a minute? What's Cinderella's Holiday Wish?!! They are lighting the castle today?!! OMG YAY!

I just love that in the middle of November we can still have gorgeous flowers out.

I decided to take my usual route, through Adventureland. I love that no one goes this way first thing in the morning.

What a beautiful flower, I've never noticed these before!

Time for Pirates! It was a walk on, only 2 other people were in the boat with me.

This is where I get to complain, I never do but this was just SO bad I couldn't ignore it. First, the Davy Jones waterfall wasn't even on in the beginning, most of the lighting was off throughout the ENTIRE ride, the chase scene with the fat lady wielding a broom was off, the lights in that portion were ON and the construction drapes were wide open. There was also 2 CM's standing IN the attraction, talking on a work phone and the boats were backed up all the way into the burning city room. Oh and the multiple hat guy, only had one hat on his head?? I was disappointed, most of the time I can look the other way but this just made me sad. If they are going to work on it, close it for a day, really, I don't think people will complain that much.

It did not however, ruin my day, but I thought I should mention it here.

Hat Guy

Get me outta here fast me harteys!

Next, I redeemed myself on BTMR, which was also a walk on. *sighs with happiness* I did the rock trick, the same as DL's goat trick but not as fun to say I'm afraid. LOL

I started walking toward Haunted Mansion when I noticed Country Bears was back open, I thought I would stop by and see the changes that were made. Sadly, no holiday overlay could be found and other than some new entrance boards on the porch area, not much difference in show either. I'm not as critical as others though, so the little nuances I tend to miss, I'm sure there was something! LOL

Can you spot the hidden Mickey?

It was lunchtime, so I stopped by Pecos Bill for some BBQ.

I like the mushroom bar.

Of course there are new Christmas cups everywhere.

Diamond Horseshoe has been turned into a permanent food establishment.

I didn't see any mention of showtimes anywhere but they had this on the stage.

And this on the way out.

Next stop, the Haunted Mansion! Another 5 minute wait, I was on a roll!

Spooky....

I skipped over Fantasyland as I didn't have my daughter but I did stop by and say hi to an old friend, Mr. Scrooge McDuck!

Decorations of the Toontown variety were out and about!

I stopped by to check out the new Pixie Hollow.

60 minute wait? Well, I got lucky the rest of the day I needed to wait sometime. LOL

The main waiting area is pretty much the same, they painted the ceiling and have TV's hanging up, playing different cartoon shorts.

A CM comes out and hands out 3 photopass cards, they are now giving out the photopass cards you can attach to your wrist. Much like the Food and Wine Festival gift cards they had, I'm sorry I didn't take a photo.

Then she walked us down this REALLY long hallway, this is the area where you "shrink" down to the size of a pixie.

See that? It's a fairy!

Like the movie, every once in awhile you hear a baby laugh. As the CM takes families one at a time, I admit it was rather creepy to hear that baby laugh standing there all by myself. LOL

Then it was my turn to head into Pixie Hollow, the CM's were VERY interactive, explaining about the area you are entering and to keep your eyes open as you never know what you might see on the floor and ceiling. He then led me over to the waiting area, next to this wintry spider web.

Then the yellow fairy comes over to get you and brings you to her area. We had a nice conversation about where flowers get there color from. I kind felt bad because I was only there to get photos of the pixies but all of them were really great and totally in character, they do a really great job of making it personable, even if your alone. LOL

Tinkerbell was FABULOUS! I told her my daughter couldn't come and I showed her a photo and she told me this WONDERFUL story to tell her when I got home. She made up the story around something she saw my daughter wearing in the photo, it was really great.

Another way they make it personal is they walk each family to the next character, I thought that was so much better than CM's directing you to the next spot.

That's it for Pixie Hollow, my overall opinion is anyone with little children will appreciate this. They were excellent with the children and really did a great job of taking time with each one, which probably explains the wait. I can't wait to bring my daughter back to this, she's going to love it!

I had decided I wanted to see the parade today, I don't see it as often as I like so I grabbed some corn dog nuggets from Casey's and headed to the end of Main Street to claim my spot, upstairs at the railroad station. It's such a great place to people watch and relax, you have to get there about a hour early though because it fills up fast!

I took some random video for you if you're interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=Z14QlhnoXWI

Balloon attack!

About 15 minutes before they had this great band from Ohio play, I heard the Fantasmic theme and a song from Illuminations, they did a really great job!

I had forgotten that it was still Year of a Million Dreams, this lucky family was the Grand Marshall for the day. They did not mention that they won a night in the castle though, so I'm not sure if they are still doing that.

Parade time!

I liked being up high as it put me on level with some of the floats and gave me an unobstructed view of the parade.

Aww, look! It's the Rescuers!

I love this fairy Godmother, I see this same one every time FG is out, she does a really great job. You can really tell she loves her job.

Part 2 will be posted shortly. Stay tuned for some local hotel exploring and the lighting of the castle, still to come!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Christmas and Pixie Hollow has come to the Magic Kingdom! (Pic Heavy)

I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot of what I"m about to say, but what-the-hey....

"Awesome job, keep it coming!"

And the best line ever-

Thanks, Summer. Great picture.

Another job just opened in Clermont and Traverse (sic?). You anywhere near there? Just wonderin'....

Peace?
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Nice Pictures Summer. I wish I had known you were around as I would have at least stopped by with G-Fan and say hello for a bit while.

Now.. the POTC fiasco. What happened there was unacceptable. You say you "would not let it ruin" you day, but it sure did ruin your experience there, enough to prompt you to air your displeasure here. I think Guest Relations should have been alerted too on your way out of the MK. But your entire trip report is something that reflects my feeling about WDW as a whole... which is, if you can still get pleasure at the "World" as you call it, then why can't it be as perfect as it can be? After all, it's supposed to be about escapism, and not illusions gone bad. This is when I fail to comprehend why management there can't try harder especially with the little things that can make it or break it.

As for the Fairy Godmother you photographed in the parade... she is the best, and she was also the best Snow White the MK ever had several years ago. She was well known for having the best demeanor with kids in the park and also for having the ability to remember kids' names and calling them out by name hours after meeting them if she ran into them or spotted them during the parade. I think that is truly a magical thing for a CM to do.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Part 2

I decided to take a boat ride over to Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge for photos. It really was a beautiful day for boating, cool breezes and not to warm weather made for a calming ride on the bay!

I'd seen photos River Country before but seeing it in person just made me sad and nostalgic.

I have so many childhood memories of this place, while I understand why they closed it I do miss it so.

This area of the lake is so removed from all the hustle and bustle of the parks, it really is a peaceful place to visit.

My first stop was Fort Wilderness, the last time I was here I was 12 and I went horse back riding.

Exploring time!

I've always wanted to try Mickey's Backyard BBQ, I will have to make a note to try that another day.

hehe What a great name!

I didn't know they had a blacksmith at WDW, how cool is that!

Wow, so many choices!

Wagon rides?! That sounds like so much fun!

Pioneer Hall with various restaurants and a bar for the adults.

I thought this was incredibly cute!

I didn't get to explore every area of Ft. Wilderness, the place is huge!

Back to the boat, I just couldn't get over how beautiful the weather was.
    While I was waiting this woman walks up to me and goes, "Excuse me, you look like you might know the answer to this question. Do you know if I can catch a bus from the Wilderness Lodge to Epcot? I'd rather avoid the transportation thingie." I smiled and answered her question but part of me wanted to ask, "Why do I look like I'd know the answer to that question?"

Wilderness Lodge from a distance.

Discovery Island
    I will say with the amount of birds circling overhead, at least the animals are making good use of it.

Had to make a quick stop at the Contemporary, I can remember making this boat ride as a child when I would come back from River Country.

Next stop, Wilderness Lodge.

The decorations are from your traditional lodge, can you see the hidden mickey's in the carpet?

The outside falls.

The lobby was just amazing, it was HUGE and this working fireplace had some wonderful detail.

"It's a dead zone"

*giggles* I couldn't help it.

Back outside!

The pool with the lodge backdrop.

Time to head back to the park for Cinderella's Holiday Wish!

The new tower, it really doesn't bother me, I know it's been a bone of contention for some but I don't mind it. I can't wait to see it finished!

Oh! The lights are on! Yay!

I made it to the end of Main Street just in time to see the last show of Dream Along with Mickey.

This was the first time I had seen the characters with the blinking eyes. I thought it was pretty neat! Although the talking Captain Hook I could have done without, his mouth moved and it just didn't look right. LOL

Is it midnight yet?

I got lucky and found a bench to kill the next 30 minutes.

I had some technical difficulties so I missed the first few minutes of Cinderella's Holiday Wish but here is the remainder and the lighting portion. The premise of the show is the Fab 4 (no Pluto) come out and start discussing how they want to decorate the castle, when the fairy godmother shows up and says it's Cinderella's castle and she should chose how it's to be decorated. Naturally... LOL Cindy then comes out and says she wants it to be draped in icicles.

For those that don't wish to watch the video, here are some photos of the castle in all her holiday glory.

Does anyone know what the A stands for?

It was a great ending to a wonderful day. You know the best time I have at the parks is when I bring my children and see them enjoying it the way I did but for a totally different experience there's nothing like seeing the parks alone. Choosing where to go and what you want to see makes for SUCH a fulfilling day, I highly recommend it if you can to do it at least once.

Now to make the trek back home. *groans* LOL

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Summer, fabulous pictures as usual. Now I want some corn dog nuggets to watch the parade with.

• Living the Dream.

When did you take those parade pictures at Summer?

Ev

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Evoulie View Post
    When did you take those parade pictures at Summer?

Ev
    When or Where? When was yesterday, where was upstairs at the train station on Main Street. I grabbed a seat and sat in front of the railing.

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Those shots were AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Absolutely great pics!! Thanks for the little videos, the tour of Wilderness Lodge and related pics. I enjoyed them! I've never been in that area of the World. I was at WDW last week and they had the castle lit up(so breathtaking!) but they didn't have Cinderella's Holiday Wish, at least not that I noticed.

• Banned User

The video was amazing!!! man if you dsid not show me I would miss this all. thank you so much And the pictures.... wow!!! again thank you !!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Oooh...Summer, this is a TERRIFIC trip report with tons of AWESOME photos!

I especially love all the photos of the Dreams Come True Parade. Your perspective is great from the train station! Over in DL, I like shooting Parade of Dreams from the same vantage point. And the lighting of Cinderella Castle is gorgeous. Thanks for posting all these photos here!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

hip Hop hooray! Thanks for the very intense trip report!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Fab pics on your Part 2 Summer. Very very nice!

• Can't get enough!

Great pics! If I remember correctly from out last trip, that fireplace in Wilderness lodge hast he same layers or strata as the Grand Canyon. They "imagineered" it that way on purpose. Disney really does the details!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Great pics! If I remember correctly from out last trip, that fireplace in Wilderness lodge hast he same layers or strata as the Grand Canyon. They "imagineered" it that way on purpose. Disney really does the details!
    Wow! I didn't know that! Thanks for the information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast