Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Top 5 things the Magic Kingdom park does best

While taking a stroll yesterday in the MK and enjoying the holiday decor and such, I became re-acquainted with some of the little things that the MK excels in doing from time to time. So I thought it would be nice to point those things out and allow you a chance to share what you think the MK does best or at least better than the other 4 DL parks in the World... so here is my list:

1) Has the most cherished unique classic attractions still in operation.. like COP, PeopleMover.

2) Has the best after hour halloween and Xmas parties. True, I have ranted in the past about this since I feel guests should not have to pay extra for these events, but there is no denying.. they are fun evenings at the park, albeit pricey.

3) Has the most varied Fireworks shows around. From the regular Wishes, to it's holiday and halloween version, to the P&P show, and special new year's and 4th of july versions... I think the MK has the best pyro around of the DL parks.

4) Castle Dreamlights. For what I have seen so far, this enchanting xmas display is the best of all the 5 castles in the World.

5) Dole Whip. Say no more.

So, what's your list?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

re: Top 5 things the Magic Kingdom park does best

Wow.. something positive, I'm shocked! Let's hope it stays positive here and doesn't turn into another what's wrong with MK thread.

1. The first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle at the start of Main Street, seeing kids and hopefully soon my niece's reaction to that wonderful brillant sight is worth the cost of the entire trip.

2. Magic Kingdom's Cruella, the past 4 years I've been during the Halloween parties she has always been there, the same "Cruella" and she's amazing, the best I've seen compared to both U.S. parks and all the Cruella's seen on YouTube.

3. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade. The vintage one and I mean vintage by a few years ago one. The newest one has some music changes, float changes but the parade I remember the most is the one I have on video. Wonderful parade nonetheless.

4. Main Street Woman. She's always out during the summer and the holidays in her old world attire and always full of life interacting with the guests. She won't be found over at Disneyland and she is only at the Magic Kingdom. I wish I had a picture of her to include.. I'll look for it later to post with this.

5. The most amazing Jungle Cruise captain. After riding both Jungle Cruises at both U.S. parks there was only one person, a male captain, who had me laughing so hard my sides hurt. He didn't go by the script, he made amazing jokes and improvised the entire ride and even asked us questions to then joke about and then refer back to later in the ride.

I remember our boat getting backed up as I assume there was an issue at the unloading dock and man oh man did he unleash his material. About waiting, the parks.. the only regret I had was I didn't film it. Now every time I go back to the parks I hope and pray that I get a repeat performance of him or another captain but every time I'm disappointed as it is the same spiel with no natural comedy in them.

I actually think the guy operating the boat very well could have been Jay Leno's very own Ross the intern but I will never know as I did not document the ride trip. Damn!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: Top 5 things the Magic Kingdom park does best

Wow a positive list ...

After just returning from WDW late last night I am not sure I could come up with a list of 5 postive things anywhere on property. Yes I did get to enjoy things but finding quality CM around the world was a challenge. Not to sound so negative but this was the first time going to the world where I haven't been excited about returning soon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Wow.. something positive, I'm shocked! Let's hope it stays positive here and doesn't turn into another what's wrong with MK thread.
    Well.. considering so far there has been 75 views on this thread and only 2 responses so far (one of them being negative already, which I would not prefer to be the case here).. maybe you all like me when I am negative much better? So let's see how quickly this thread drops to the bottom of the pit.
    In the meantime, I am interested in reading about what you think is great at the MK. Let's try to stick to it, or else... I will have reason to believe my negativity may actually be .. "right on"?

• www.JonAutopsy.com

As if it's not hard enough for me to have to wait til Xmas day when I fly out there for my first trip to WDW ever, now I have to read all of these
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Didn't mean to be so negative, been away from my computer for almost two weeks and have lots of catching up to do.

in no particular order
    1. Fireworks are always great with awesome viewing locations not just inside the park
    2. atmosphere on Main St
    3. the new castle "ice" lights introduced last year are gorgeous
    4. Mickey's Philharmagic is a great addition to MK
    5. approaching the MK from WDW transportation via boat from resorts or monorails (not by bus however)
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 11-19-2008 at 03:48 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Mickey's Philharmagic is a fun and unique attraction only at MK
    Mickey's Philharmagic has been opened at Hong Kong DL since sept 2005, so it is NOT unique to the MK, sadly.. and will also be opening at Tokyo DL in 2010, sadly as well.. But I agree it is a FUN movie experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Mickey's Philharmagic has been opened at Hong Kong DL since sept 2005, so it is NOT unique to the MK, sadly.. and will also be opening at Tokyo DL in 2010, sadly as well.. But I agree it is a FUN movie experience.

Ooops forgot HKDL had it too. Well at least it was an original attraction that started at MK and is actually fits the theme of the park and land it is in.

Here's my list.

1) The updated Haunted Mansion. It is simply gorgeous and amazing now.
    2) Wishes is still a great show. Illuminations is better, but Wishes is a solid show that I never miss.
    3) Casey's Corner! I cannot help but get several hot dogs from here during a visit. Something about Casey's makes them better then anywhere else on property
    4) CoP still going strong!
    5) Philharmagic is great. It is the best utilization of the 3-D technology on property.

• Minion

Wow, was this thread really started by TDLFan??? ( )

Well, in addition to what has been said here already, I would say that the MK, together with DLP, have the best vistas down Main Street. Although DL and HKDL's Main Streets vistas are nice (especially HKDL with its hills), I think that their castles are too dimunitive to be a fully effective climax to the line of sight. And I don't like the unthemed roof and inner pillars of TDL's World Bazar.

A pic I took on my last trip in April:

Down with the Hat

Blog Entries

To me there's several things that MK does best (Granted I haven't visited all the other parks so this is just from what I've gathered through other sources, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

1. The best entrance to any MK park. As long as you are not taking the bus to the resort, nothing beats the slow reveal of Cindy's castle popping out to you from the ferry slowly coming across the water or the fun of taking the monorail in. (Granted the monorail entrance isn't nearly as good as it is at Epcot, but it still is something that the other resorts don't do as well).

2. The best Haunted Mansion. You couldn't have said this before the refurb, but I'm fairly certain that our mansion is the crown jewel right now.

3. Carousel of Progress and Peoplemover. I'll steal this one from TDLFAN, but I agree. I really really hope these two attractions never go away (although they do both need a bit of work right now). They're both one of my first things that I visit every time.

4. Fireworks. I also have to agree here that while many people think Remember is a better show at DL, that overall, with the number of shows, and the height of Cindy's castle vs the smaller Sleeping Beauty Castle, our fireworks shows are the best.

5. I struggled to think up a 5th, so I'll just borrow the castle lights show. I haven't seen it in person, but I do think its a better look (on video at least) than the other parks. The first 4 were pretty easy to come up with but a 5th just was a bit hard to find for me.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

How did I miss this thread? What a great thread TDL!

Here are mine:

1. The People Mover - It's a great attraction to people watch with and for purely selfish reasons of relaxation. LOL

2. Tom Sawyer Island - Not as popular with some but I just LOVE the caves.

3. The Rose Garden - That unused area is just gorgeous and is a great retreat from the crowds while still staying in the middle of it all.

4. Space Mountain - This is both my favorite and my least favorite for the same reasons. It smells the exact same way I remember it when I was little and it brings up many memories of nostalgia.

5. CM's - Sure there are some bad ones but I have more great memories from some outstanding CM's who just went that extra mile to make our day extra special.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 11-20-2008 at 09:41 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

1. What I call, 'the Release.' By having the ferry and monorail, I slowly can drop away the tensions of reality and prepare for the dreams of the day. That 'release' can really only be found by having that short trip to the front gate.

2. Liberty Square. Not so sure why, but it might have to do with the Haunted Mansion being located nearby. I love this clean part of the park-it really feels like I'm no where near home.

3. Peoplemover! I think everyone else covered this.

4. Noodle Station. I know, somehow, food would end up on this list. For me, this is, like the most unique place to munch down at.

5. Space. Having the room to spread out, I'm not always bumping into screaming adults or mowing-mamas with baby prams.

Peace?
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

I found so many things I liked, well in fact fell in love with. but do we only have to talk about the magic kingdom ?

if so here is my favorites.....

1. I loved tomorrow land.... very well done!!
    2. I loved the fact you took an elevator up to rockets
    3. the jungle cruise was awsome, not so much the ride, but the man controlling the boar was soooooo funny !!!
    4. cosmic rays was very big, good service and loved the singing caractor
    5. I liked adventure land , and I loved how wide open this park was. not hard to get thru the crowds.
    my all time favorite was..... mickeys philharmonic

Now how about what I loved the most about WDW ??
    1. Spaceship earth that ride was amazing to me !!
    2. COP..... loved it !! I loved the music for years and could not wait to actually experience the ride.
    3.the great movie ride.... wow so well done...
    4. rocking roller coaster amazing !!
    5. I loved the grand fiesta tour very well done.
    6. toy story mania, now that was awsome!!!!!!
    I can come up with sooooo much more, but I really loved these things at WDW

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well.. considering so far there has been 75 views on this thread and only 2 responses so far (one of them being negative already, which I would not prefer to be the case here).. maybe you all like me when I am negative much better? So let's see how quickly this thread drops to the bottom of the pit.
    In the meantime, I am interested in reading about what you think is great at the MK. Let's try to stick to it, or else... I will have reason to believe my negativity may actually be .. "right on"?

Well, I for one can say why I have not responded. I have only been to WDW. So I cannot answer your question, as I cannot compare it to other Disney parks. I can compare it to other theme parks, just not to Disney parks.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast