Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• HauntedOne999

New New Managment for Tiki Room

Since the Tiki Room isnt really a kids show why not make it more fun have it be taken over by the Adventureres Club... make it into a dinner show as Walt originally had intended... what you think?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Addicted to MC since '08

Re: New New Managment for Tiki Room

I believe it to be a kids show...

• HauntedOne999

I meant the original serenade show... it is a family show but not really meant just for kids

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    I believe it to be a kids show...
    The way it is now? Maybe but I know this is one of my mother's favorite shows at the Mk and she ain't no kid.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Red Face Re: New New Managment for Tiki Room

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    I meant the original serenade show... it is a family show but not really meant just for kids
    Oh sorry! I misunderstood which version of the show you were discussing

• HauntedOne999

well come on the new managment show is horrible! the only good thing in it is the Tiki Goddess that comes out of the fountain.... Iago and Zazu are two totally different styles and dont even match the realism of the original birds its like walt disney cloned with salvador dali all we need now is melting clocks and naked people running around

• Banned User

I say just change it back to the original show. Hardly anyone prefers the "new managment" to the retro show at Disneyland. As Alpoe says, the Tiki Goddess is the only good part of this attraction now. Meanwhile, I found DL's Tiki Room to be utterly charming, a great example of Disney magic.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The tiki birds need to revolt against Iago & Zazu and kick them out. As much as I love the tiki birds, I absolutely refuse to see the "under new management" show anymore. It's so bad I have seen people get up and walk out. Myself included.

I would prefer a redo back to the classic style and songs but with a story change to allow the Tiki Goddess Animatronic to stay and a new song or good licensed songs. Show the new management the door or repurpose their animatronics for the little mermaid attraction or remove the skins and place into Star Tours II.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    I would prefer a redo back to the classic style and songs but with a story change to allow the Tiki Goddess Animatronic to stay and a new song or good licensed songs. Show the new management the door or repurpose their animatronics for the little mermaid attraction or remove the skins and place into Star Tours II.
    I don't see WDW putting the money or time into this that it would need to be successful, even the Stitch thing in WDW was moderate. I can't see the original flying well in Florida though like it does in California

I'd rather see something in more of the spirit of the classic attraction then the literal classic brought back or even a dinner show like the earlier suggestion as it would allow for them to lengthen it and maybe even restore parts of the original that arn't even run in DL any longer.

I don't see how they would repurpose them for the little mermaid attraction, not that mermaid is going to be THAT animatronics filled anyway

While I'm a fan of Disney classics, I know that times change. I love the Carousel of Progress (pics here):
    Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland - Sign for Carousel of Progress (a personal favorite!)
    Ever since I was a kid it has been a favorite. I try to ride it every time I visit - the music, the rotating stage, etc. is awesome. I hope it sticks around.

But, I also know that live has to move on.

Anyone still remember "If you had wings" in Tomorrowland? It's long gone, and that is OK. It's current replacement, Buzz Lightyear, is terrific.

I think the Tiki Room is outdated and Disney could do something much better.
    BTW, if you are longing for a Tiki Room fix, check out some pictures here:
    Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Adventureland - Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management Entrance sign

Even Walt Disney said (and I am pretty sure this is an accurate, real quote): "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Just my two cents!
    Check out my free high resolution Disney World pictures and Disney World Vacation site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I don't see WDW putting the money or time into this that it would need to be successful, even the Stitch thing in WDW was moderate. I can't see the original flying well in Florida though like it does in California

I'd rather see something in more of the spirit of the classic attraction then the literal classic brought back or even a dinner show like the earlier suggestion as it would allow for them to lengthen it and maybe even restore parts of the original that arn't even run in DL any longer.

I don't see how they would repurpose them for the little mermaid attraction, not that mermaid is going to be THAT animatronics filled anyway

It's amazing what they can do with the insides of those brids. Heck we could get multiple Scuttles. (Not sured if I spelled that name right.) Basically though my comment was sort of a in-joke since the droids in the queue of Star Tours at least originally were repurposed animatronics from Disney's America Sings attraction.

• The Darkness to Light

Just turn it into the Get The Fever show from TDL. We get rid of Iago and Zazu, introduce a female host, and turn the Tiki Room into a big disco club for the finally.

All Disney has to do is secure the rights to use a bunch of Gloria Estefan songs.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by WDWmemories View Post
    Anyone still remember "If you had wings" in Tomorrowland? It's long gone, and that is OK. It's current replacement, Buzz Lightyear, is terrific.
    I remember it and I miss it. Buzz is fun, but I liked the former occupant of that space better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Just turn it into the Get The Fever show from TDL. We get rid of Iago and Zazu, introduce a female host, and turn the Tiki Room into a big disco club for the finally.

All Disney has to do is secure the rights to use a bunch of Gloria Estefan songs.
    They already use 1 or 2 of her songs in Under New Management. Sorry but I don't like the idea of turning the Tiki Room into a Gloria Estefan lovefest. Then again I'm one of the weirdos who LIKED the Offenbach number int he original show.

• Animatronic

I'm not sure what it is about Florida, but the original Tiki Room had people leaving throughout the show just like the current one. Maybe a plussed version of the original show where they add shoulder restraints, not for safety mind you, just to keep people from leaving.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast