Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Malin's WDW Trip Report 16th to 26th of November

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Careful Malin... you sound just like TDLFAN. But then again.. WDW is no TDR, is it?

Gee... all this negativity about WDW...and praise for the international parks. Where have I heard/read this before? Hmmm? But hey, don't mind me. Carry on. The truth will prevail... as long as it's not me bringing it forth and center. You also didn't hear it from me that DLP's guests can also be among the most inconsiderate guests at any Disney park, worst that WDW's most times.

Well I think at times people need to be reminded it is not just one person who thinks this way about WDW. America on the whole has much to learn about Japan.

In regards to DLRP I'm probarely a lot more used to the type of behaviour most European's seem to have, but than again I have never encountered anything that would put me of from visiting again in all the times I have visted.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Don't get me wrong, DLRP is not perfect, far from. And I give the team a hard time where it is needed. But I feel there are always reasons for me to go back to DLRP and there is quality there.

WDW offers pockets of quality, but the cuts are disgusting and blatent. Then look at the upcharge parties, the amount of toonfestation, the poor quality cast members, and the clientele of WDW, and it is not as appealing.

I give DLP more of a pass because it has been getting better and better over recent years, whereas WDW seems in major decline (unless it is DVC building).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

Your absolutely right about DLRP getting better and better on each trip. Also the big difference is that DLRP actually does want to improve on all its services. Like for instance changing its menu's in the table service Restaurants like Blue Lagoon. Offering you menu choices that will be served under 40 minutes. Requesting Guest fill out a quick survey after the meal to get feedback on the service etc. Its the small things DLRP is trying to do to raise the Guest experience which WDW just doesn't care about.

• Hola Yola!

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I would be careful here as your putting words into my mouth here, I have not once said WDW should bar anyone, all I said was if WDW continue to attract these people I will be keeping away.
    I made this particular comment just because I think looking at some of the comments here about the clientele at WDW, and I don't just mean in your posts, it's not hard to see why people get their noses put out of joint. This is particularly true when people start talking about the better class of people who attending the parks in other countries or another part of the US. If you go to an American theme park you're just going to have to deal with Americans and for me it's the same as people going to a city like Paris or Rome and whinge that people smoke too much, are too pushy, aren't as orderly or just generally don't do things the same way as they do in the US.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    If you go to an American theme park you're just going to have to deal with Americans and for me it's the same as people going to a city like Paris or Rome and whinge that people smoke too much, are too pushy, aren't as orderly or just generally don't do things the same way as they do in the US.
    I got no problems with American's or how there do things. Most American's I've met are very friendly and easy going people, just because myself and a few others do not like the audience WDW seems to attract now days, does not mean we are pointing it at the American culture like the above seems to say. Also as many who are making the comments about WDW happen to be from the US too, this really has no grounds.

• Minion

Here as promised are the first set of pictures, and I apologise ahead of time for all the Characters, but these seem to go down well in previous Trip reports I've done.

Disney's Pop Century, Baloo building.

Swiming Pool

Room

Pictures of the Castle, taken from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Disney's Animal Kingdom, Tree of Life

Characters out greeting Guest

Camp Mickey & Minnie

• Minion

Mickey Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Goofy

Donald Duck

Chip & Dale

Kenai & Koda

Pocahontas

Stitch

• Minion

Expedition Everest

Photo's from Kilimanjaro Safaris

• Minion

Conservation Centre

Christmas Tree

King Louie and Baloo

Turk

Pooh

Tigger

Goofy & Pluto

• Minion

Last Pictures for now are from the Parade, enjoy

• Hola Yola!

Alright, let's be constructive then as I think it may clarify exactly what you mean on a few of these points.

For example, you said
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Now with Disney desperate for growth it is accomendating all sorts of low lifes. These people don't apreciate the quality and standard so many of us have enjoyed over the years and have very little respect for the other people around them. But if WDW continues to attract this low level of Guest, than I will be keeping away.
    How would you go about raising the standard of guest and how would you exclude the "low life" demographic?

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Alright, let's be constructive then as I think it may clarify exactly what you mean on a few of these points.

For example, you said

How would you go about raising the standard of guest and how would you exclude the "low life" demographic?
    Market more than just the characters and "magic", increase maintenance, cast salaries and training, and improve the entertainment, and then increase the ticket costs to cover the impact.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Let us start by imploding all of the value and most of the moderate hotels in property. They cheapen the WDW experience a good 60%. Secondly, stop giving the hotels for free with 7 nights for the price of 4 deals...
    thirdly...raise prices even more so we can have more clout to complain about the declining quality of WDW as a whole.
    One more thing... let's charge a fee to use fastpass.

• Banned User

Hey James dear... just looked at your pics. Nice but character heavy!! Similar to the japanese character fan hags' online albums from TDR. HAHAHAHA!!!!

• Minion

The same reasons Dave and TDLFAN have written, would make a good start. The big issue with the Resort is its size, and the only way to move forward is to admit building all these hotels was a mistake. The second course of action would be to start downsizing the Resort. Put presure on the CastMember's to either shape up or get out. Cut the Extra Magic hours, does the Magic Kingdom really need to remain open until 2.00 am on selected nights. Better maintenance schedule and perhaps it is time to close one park down during each day of the weekday. This would allow much needed work to be done out of Guest view, as well as a cost saving measure, which than can be contrubuted to other areas of the Resort like entertainment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast