Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hola Yola!

Re: Malin's WDW Trip Report 16th to 26th of November

I find it a bit odd that you're supporting the idea of imploding the moderate and value resorts when you appear to have stayed at the biggest and cheapest hotel on property, but anyway...

A lot of the suggests such as raising cast wages and improving the marketing seem spot on to me, though of both the US resorts its DLR that seems to suffer most from character overload when it comes to getting any new attraction approved. I don't know all this further gouging of customers and price raising would really be in Disney's interests at all in the long-term, though. Restricting WDW vacations largely to families in an upper middle-income bracket would likely do more to weaken the Disney brand than any broken effects on Test Track or overflowing trashcan does presently. This is where I think some dose of reality is needed. Sure, WDW management needs a massive culture shift to improve quality, for example by accepting that attractions may sometimes need to close for months at a time for decent maintenance and upgrades. The "low lifes" that are being referred to here, though, are for the most part a big chunk of middle America that goes back to their hometowns and buys the DVDs, watches the Disney Channel and shops at the Disney Store. Were Disney to revert more to a boutique operation you might find a more genial crowd on your next visit which is lovely for you, but would it really be in Disney's interests? I don't think so, but I do think they could definitely improve the experience on offer under more or less current conditions and with a mass audience were they do have a similar kind of shakeup in the attitude of management as DLR has experienced in the post-Pressler/Harris era.

I also think far rosier pictures of other resorts, particularly DLRP, are being painted here in comparison to WDW than is really the case. I don't think a crowded day in any park resembles a high society cocktail party in Manhattan.
    Last edited by Sir_Cliff; 12-17-2008 at 07:27 PM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I find it a bit odd that you're supporting the idea of imploding the moderate and value resorts when you appear to have stayed at the biggest and cheapest hotel on property, but anyway...
    WDW is in full panic mode at the moment with talk of job losses. The reason for this is simply because the Company got greedy and built way to many rooms. To accomendate the loss, Disney are making cuts in many key areas, which is effecting the standard and quality we expect from the Mouse. Downsizing is the only way to move forward. Regarding myself staying at the Pop I was actually plannning to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge but was advised due to building work to avoid it. I picked the Pop Century simply because why should I pay high prices for a service, when WDW doesn't give it.

I also think far rosier pictures of other resorts, particularly DLRP, are being painted here in comparison to WDW than is really the case. I don't think a crowded day in any park resembles a high society cocktail party in Manhattan.
    Why would I do this, I don't personally have a problem with WDW, and many of my child hood memories come from this Resort. I havn't over the years painted DLRP in always the best picture, but I can apreciate the improvements that have been made and it shows in the figures with the park being a sell out this Weekend. I have nothing to gain out of speaking the truth about my WDW trip.

• Banned User

Due to my time being limited at the moment, plus the fact I have already given most people an overall impression of how bad the WDW expereince was on my recent trip, I will no longer be making the time to continue it in current form. I will however still post the pictures.

Day 3

Epcot

• Banned User

• Banned User

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123