• Minion

How have crowds been lately?

With the economy the way it is, I'm curious how crowd levels in general have been compared to the same time last year. Also, any thoughts or opinions on whether or not the buy 4 get 3 free promo has been filling otherwise empty rooms?

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Re: How have crowds been lately?

Having worked in the Disney Res Center for almost 10 years and having lots of friends still there I can tell you the special is not doing what they really expected it to do.

I think people are just sitting tight. Living locally even the amount of traffic we would usually see, is not here. I also think people are not realizing they cannot wait until the 1st of the year to book this special as it can only be booked through the 20th of Dec. Some dates are filling up well, spring break, etc., but there is still a lot of availability that normally when this kind of a special breaks sells out really fast.

You can bet your last dollar that when this special ends you will see another one break. As usual, we will try and keep you updated as soon as any specials are realeased.

Right now for 2009 they are offering a room only discount that can be paired with park passes, kind of like a mini-package..so keep that in mind if your looking to book and don't want a full package.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

During my recent visit I did catch a couple of CastMembers discussing with concern how quiet the parks were. Also I visited the parks on the Weekend and at no point did it seem over crowded, and I actually faced much bigger crowds in DLRP during the Weekend where the locals turned up and attractions like Star Tours posted a 120 min wait.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I had read that the Pirate and Princess Parties were cancelled, and the new promotion for next year hasn't done anything (it is a dumb promotion, so I'm no surprised). I'd prefer to have seen Disney do a big year for Epcot this past year - meaningful celebrations instead of meaningless ideas pulled out of thin air.

It hasn't seemed crowded most days I've been there. Not quiet like earlier in the decade, but less busy than last year (then again, it was way more packed than I'd prefer the past few years).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• I was deleted.

The parks have been back and forth with crowds. It's just after Thanksgiving now so it's slowing but the resorts seem have been keeping themselves quite busy. With that in mind, it really seems like a lot of factors come into play - EMH mornings/nights, party days at MK, etc.

• Can't get enough!

We are planning on going Jan.9th-18th. Hopefully it won't be to crowded. The last weekend may be because MLK day is the 19th!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

I went to Epcot on the day after Thanksgiving. On an extended holiday weekend I would expect the park to be jammed. It was busy, but not so busy. From my occasional trip in I think things have slowed down.
    Check out my free high resolution Disney World pictures and Disney World Vacation site.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I was at Epcot today - it didn't seem very crowded at all, especially considering the craziness at the MK with the parade taping. (I don't do the parade tapings, but I was meeting up with friends who accidentally had stopped there in the morning).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Minion

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like there's a new promotion with a lowered room rate that will hopefully get some people through the gates.

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

At least this promotion doesn't lock you into having to stay a full 7 days like the buy 4, get 3 free deal.