Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Small World is getting Disneyland's Smiley Face Clock!

Tick tock...

No, it's not the Crock, it's a small world!

With this photo update, it is now confirmed that Walt Disney World's Small World will indeed be getting the famous clock. No word yet on how much of the clock we'll get though. One can only hope it's at least enough to tell time.

Click Here to view the newest Small World Construction Photos!

• Banned User

your photo looks possesed.. but YAY!!!!

• "Roast Duck"

Question: Why didnt WDW ever build a Small World Facade like DL? They have the space for it...i mean if they could build the show buildings for HM and IASW in the berm...they have the space for it....they should rebuild it in the area of the old 20K lagoon area...that would be cool...
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• Banned User

Walt disney corperation is that....a company... since their is no sponsor to fit the ill.. why waste money rebuilding a ride in a new building which is built over part of the utildors.... (they will have fun building on that land latter..) and have an empty show building... they rather found this to be an easier solution.... (it was built like this... due to usually FLA has more rain than CA.... but sadely this year it is the opposite....)

• I was deleted.

Thanks for the update Bill! I love IASM! Maybe this small change will make my mom stop complaining? Anyway, the DLR one is always going to be the best in my mind. So far, I like the changes, especially the new queue line. But I'd like to see them.

From what I hear, there will be not just the clock, but also the little dolls that come out like at DL. I can't confirm this absolutely, but I've heard.

Very cool! I hope you get the entire package because it is just so neat to see.

I'm a frequent reader of Mice Chat, but unfortunatly this topic has to be the sole purpose of my first post.

I would like to discuss unethical journalisitic practices. Misrepresentation the work of another's without proper acknowledgement is plagiarism.

The reason why prominent and popular websites place watermarks over their images is due to those who do not feel the need to not seek proper authorization to repost their images. Some websites place restrictions on how you can view their site to prevent (bandwidth) theft of those images.

I have to do this for the websites I contribute to that have a larger audience.

I don't want to be forced into doing either and I'm sure most of the other Disney related sites would be much better off if they did not have to take such precautions.

I'm all for open discussion and views of MY images. I would have also been quite happy to let you use them if I was asked or, at least, given credit for the images. Now you will not have that option and I have personally emailed you a cease and desist. Have a nice day.

(In addition, it appears that you've stolen some other images from another author without proper credit. I will be contacting that party immediatly.)

• Banned User

Credit WAS given. http://www.magicalears.com/Thank%20You%20Page.php

In addition, I wasn't aware of another author you speak of. I was sent various photos through AIM by a friend of mine. I am not aware of any copyright infringement. I also haven't recieved any E-mail from you. If you could catch me on AIM, perhaps you can tell me what other author you speak of. My AIM Screen name is billmagicalears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    No sir, that's not going to cut it. I skimmed over your site earlier (and the afformentioned page) and my name was neither there, nor on each of the individual pages in which my pictures were displayed. In addition, no communication and no request to use those images. Please remove all of my images.

• Banned User

That link has been there for a while now... you must have skipped over it.

If you alert me to which pictures are in fact your photos, I will gladly add credit to your name.

In addition, I wasn't aware of another author you speak of. I was sent various photos through AIM by a friend of mine. I am not aware of any copyright infringement. I also haven't recieved any E-mail from you. If you could catch me on AIM, perhaps you can tell me what other author you speak of. My AIM Screen name is billmagicalears.
    I find it quite amusing that you know of the site where I posted these pictures in the hastily added portition of your "Thank You" page. Especially when you stated that your "friend" sent the pictures through AIM.

If you alert me to which pictures are in fact your photos, I will gladly add credit to your name.
    Remove them.

And per request:

Quote Originally Posted by Email Sent
    Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:15:01 -0800
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Cease and Desist All headers

Dear Bill:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my
    copyrighted images (of Walt Disney World) in the preparation of a work
    derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in those images, first
    published on the 21st of February, 2005. Your sections on your website,
    entitled MagicalEars.com, is essentially stealing my work and clearly using
    the images as its basis. Most noteable are the images detailing construction
    on the Magic Kingdom attraction: It's a Small World After All.

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the images as the
    basis for certain sections on MagicalEars.com nor to make or distribute
    copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully
    infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable
    for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2)
    therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all
    infringing works derived from the images, and all copies, including
    electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all
    unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and
    that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the
    future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by March 2nd,
    2005 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall
    take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

Philip McKinney

• Banned User

Now, if you read what I said, I did get your pictures from browsing at WDWmagic. But I didn't get any other pictures from browsing. I got more pictures from AIM... I wasn't referring to your pictures there. You mentioned "another author." Furthermore, I have no records of what pictures are yours. And on top of that, all images from another user on Magical Ears are under the Fair Use Policy. That includes:

- teaching, scholarship research or archival use
    - news reporting

Which Magical Ears is fully under compliance. If I was selling the images, you'd have a problem, but since I am not in fact selling the images, and all images are stored for Archive purposes, I have no obligation what-so-ever of removing the images. However, I will gladly give you credit for the images if you as so wish.

Now, if you read what I said, I did get your pictures from browsing at WDWmagic. But I didn't get any other pictures from browsing. I got more pictures from AIM... I wasn't referring to your pictures there. You mentioned "another author." Furthermore, I have no records of what pictures are yours. And on top of that, all images from another user on Magical Ears are under the Fair Use Policy. That includes:

- teaching, scholarship research or archival use
    - news reporting

Which Magical Ears is fully under compliance. If I was selling the images, you'd have a problem, but since I am not in fact selling the images, and all images are stored for Archive purposes, I have no obligation what-so-ever of removing the images. However, I will gladly give you credit for the images if you as so wish.
    No, but you are generating an profit from the advertisements on your site and you have no legal binding to those pictures (the only ones that are 500 x 375). You have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2)therein. You know where my files are, delete them.

You have the ability to remove those images, otherwise I will be contacting the hosting company (possibly your domain registar GoDaddy) that you are using. Then they will deal with you.

• Banned User

I'm not making money with any ADs. Those ADs are done by my hosting company in the first place. And don't give me this stuff about legal binding. It's for edcuational use only.

However, if you really want the photos off Magical Ears that bad, I will comply. If you send me a list of all the URLs of the photos you wish to be removed, I will gladly remove them. I do NOT know which images are yours. If you fail to send me a list of URLs, I can't help you in any way what-so-ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast