Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

It's Miley! and other Christmas Parade Taping Observations

I set the alarm for 4am, woke up at 8am (whoops) and was in the car by 8:30am. So much for being efficient and getting to the parks early.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

Arrived around 10 a.m. thinking we would just make the most of our day, my daughter was cautiously optomistic.

"It's Miley!" (Thank you Joel McHale)

I swear I make the girl brush her hair, she's such a monkey. LOL

We stumble onto Main Street to much fan fare and screaming, they were taping of course.

With the crowds focused on Main Street we headed towards the castle to do a little sleuthing. Many fork lifts and set pieces were scattered here and there.

Out of curiousity I stopped a CM and asked him, "So has Miley filmed her portion yet?" To which he replied, "No but there is a line forming in the rose garden but it will be a few hours before she goes on."

So I inquired with my daughter and asked, "Sweetie, do you want to go wait in line to be part of the crowd that sees Miley? We might have to wait a few hours or so." To which my already bug eyed daughter's expression expanded to say, "Duh mom, it's Miley!" Of course it is...

So we meander over and I notice there's only about 20-30 people in front of us, very nice.

They continued to shoot the Main Street portion while we waited, closing the line for the crowd after about an hour or so.

The things we do for our children is astounding, was totally worth it though.

Float after float was moving further down Main Street, a CM informed us that as soon as we see Santa, that was the end of the parade and then they would move everything to castle and set up for Miley's portion.

While waiting they were filming on the grass some introduction interviews, we saw various celebrities and had a great viewing spot for it in line.

The cast of Mary Poppins on Broadway was there.

These kids were just adorable!

Does anyone know who this girl is? I'm thinking its the Disney 365 girl but I couldn't find any information on her.

Later on all these children came out and I hear this squealing noise from my daughter, "MOM! It's the Imagination Movers!!"

Who? What?

My daughter had to tell me their names, after singing the introduction song I finally remembered who they were. They are a singing group from the Disney Channel that mainly caters toward the smaller age group of children.

WARNING! Kids look away from the screen okay?

So THAT's how they do that!

What I found really great about the IM's is they were REALLY great with the children and the little ones were just going crazy around them!

YAY FOR SANTA! I had never been so happy to see the man in red.

After everything got moved they finally allowed us to move to the front of the castle portion. I felt a little evil inside as we walked past the rest of the crowd through a roped off area, but hey, after 3 hours we better get up front right?

We ended up to the right of the ramp she walks down, under the big red speaker box. We were withing talking range of Miley and she even waved at my daughter which I thought was really great.

Looking at the ramp.

Looking at the stage.

So here are the photos I got of Miley doing her number, enjoy! Oh and if you're curious, she sang live.

Some REALLY obnoxious woman a few people ahead of me was screaming louder than the kids for Miley to look our direction, I wanted to smack her, she didn't have kids with her or anything. If she was paparazzi I can see why celebrities punch them out on occasion. However, Miley complied and looked our way, so I was able to get this shot.

In between takes was probably my favorite part, because of where we were, the characters were just hanging out on the stage, so Donald and Minnie were very interactive and posing.

After Miley did her portion Billy Ray came out and sang a song, we only stayed for one take as we were both hungry and tired. LOL

After we left we saw Miley in that interview area we could see earlier, we didn't stop, Christina had her fill for the day.

We recharged our batteries at Cosmic Rays and Christina wanted to drive her own car. So off to Indy we went, I really don't want to see this again for another 9 years or so.

Vroom, Vroom!

As it was C's day we stopped off at Goofy's Barnstormer.

Then we headed off to Pixie Hollow, wait time was around 20 minutes, not too bad. Christina hadn't seen the pixies yet and she's already worn out the DVD at home so this was another exciting thing for her that day.

This was Tink's reaction to my daughter telling her she's a Tinker too! (C likes to take things apart and put them back together. LOL) I love how animated they are with the kids, they really do a great job!

Sadly her favorite, the water fairy, wasn't out that day but she still enjoyed it!

Then it was off to Fantasyland for some dark ride fun!

We took a ride on the ferry boat to kinda end the evening, as it was a long day, we were both getting tired.

We did stop by the Grand Floridian to check out the gingerbread house and visit with fellow MCer BigPigletFan. It was so peaceful sitting there and listening to the band play Christmas music on the second floor, the smell of gingerbread permeating the air, so festive!

It was such a fulfilling day, it's really fun to see the parks through my daughter's eyes, she makes it 100% better than I ever could alone, I'm really grateful for her.

Thanks for sharing my day and Happy Holidays to everyone.

The End!

• Banned User

Re: It's Miley! and other Christmas Parade Taping Observations

Very nice update Summer, great shots of Miley, but daddy Billy Ray should be ashamed for using his daughter's fame for his owned exposure. Very glad for you to be able to sleep and still get so close to Miley.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Very nice update Summer, great shots of Miley, but daddy Billy Ray should be ashamed for using his daughter's fame for his owned exposure. Very glad for you to be able to sleep and still get so close to Miley.
    Yeah it was pure luck and timing that morning I tell you. They were very hush hush about the whole thing, I called a few times, spoke with a very nasty lady who was very persistent, "It's not open to the public!" I can understand that if people knew that Miley would be there it would be a mad house, so in that regard I get why they kept it under wraps but it was REALLY tough finding any information and the information changed, depending on who you spoke with. The intital CM I asked that told me about the line also added, "There is no guarantee that Miley is the person performing today, but there is a line for her over there, you're welcome to wait in it but there are no guarantee's."

Some CM's were very open about it, others very quiet and defensive in some cases, was very inconsistent.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Wow! Great pictures... and how awesome that you were so close to the stage! Glad you and your daughter had such a fun time.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report! You are a great mom toward your daughter!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
    • Kerplookee

I LO'd. First thought was Jole Mchale after reading your title.

Good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

Some REALLY obnoxious woman a few people ahead of me was screaming louder than the kids for Miley to look our direction, I wanted to smack her, she didn't have kids with her or anything.

Was Pezz Lightyear in FL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Goofy

lol. great pictures. miley looks pretty in these pictures.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I love the pics of the Imagination Movers, these Dad's are great, and Dave looks like he is having a blast.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• World Traveler

Miley Who?

I'm glad you had a great time, Summer!

You must be a great parent! Loved reading your trip report.
    - Milo

• Animation Domination

Yay! Someone post a trip report from WDW.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I always love your TR's Summer!

• I'll pencil this in later

It's miley! Oh my the soup!
    Awesome pictures, as always, Summer!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well he IS a star on the show as well...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast