Going yet another trip, anyone got some advice?

Well it's December again and I'm amazed at how many trips I've taken to teh parks after 06 when I said I wouldn't go to anymore parks until 2010 but oh well

I'd like to thank everyone for the advice I got last year and this year I'd like to ask again for general ticketing advice and best ways to use time since one trip is nowhere near enough to formulate a strategy the way I've got California all squared out

this time I'm going to be taking my aunt and her grandkidz out and they want me to figure out most of the stuff since I'm the theme park person.

We're also going to be spending two days at Universal's parks and I've never been to USO or IOA before so any advice on that as well?

Blog Entries

Re: Going yet another trip, anyone got some advice?

A bit of information is required. How many days do you plan on being in Orlando? How many of those days do you want to be Disney days, how many do you want to be Universal days? What type of advice are you truly looking for in regards to the parks?

Re: Going yet another trip, anyone got some advice?

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    A bit of information is required. How many days do you plan on being in Orlando? How many of those days do you want to be Disney days, how many do you want to be Universal days? What type of advice are you truly looking for in regards to the parks?
    alright I've talked to my Aunt and she's gotten four days for an Orlando trip which I personally feel is kinda short but I can't complain

she is sure she wants two days Universal and I won't contest as I'd really like to spend some time at those resorts since I've never been. I've only been to USH so I generally like some advice on what lines accumulate the fastest and the best approach to getting on the most/best rides and avoiding some of the more marginal stuff.

we'll be there new years week so from my understanding at least the last two days of our trip will be at Disney so I've got to figure out how to get the most out of only two days in WDW. Part of me thinks Epcot/MK makes a good combo but I'd really like to show them AK (my mom loved this park and we had our best days there last year when she was dieing and such so yeah) and I haven't been on Toy Story Mania so maybe a parkhopper ticket is in order (my generalized thoughts)

I know that spending New Years eve at MK will probably be a nightmare so I'm trying to sort out the technicallities to taht (last year we spent it at Epcot) I really wish that free dayz deal was in effect this year since it's my birthday on new years eve but that's another topic

so basicaly some ride flow advice for WDW as a whole as I've noticed FP's evaporate alot more quickly then at DL and it's always best to have a FP acumulation strategy. (like I'm already aware that Soarin tends to give out within the first two hours of opening at Epcot)