Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Test Track Broken Show Elements

Test Track is one of my absolute favorites. On recent visits, however, I've noticed a lack of upkeep for that attraction. Last year, I noticed the small video monitors in the cars starting to go out. One year later, I'm noticing that those monitors don't work at all. The vehicle I rode in also had no onboard audio. There were also other video monitors throughout the ride that did not work. Has anyone else noticed this lack of upkeep?

Is Test Track going to get some funds from the bailout bill? Will we see Test Track eventually sponsored by the American taxpayers?

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Test Track Broken Show Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Code90 View Post
    Test Track is one of my absolute favorites. On recent visits, however, I've noticed a lack of upkeep for that attraction. Last year, I noticed the small video monitors in the cars starting to go out. One year later, I'm noticing that those monitors don't work at all. The vehicle I rode in also had no onboard audio. There were also other video monitors throughout the ride that did not work. Has anyone else noticed this lack of upkeep?

Is Test Track going to get some funds from the bailout bill? Will we see Test Track eventually sponsored by the American taxpayers?
    They'll add Jeeps to it and remove all Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Hummer, and GMC items and then ground all Test Track owned aircraft...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Blog Entries

I've never ridden that ride when its been worth experiencing. I can't believe that Disney just keeps running it in as sad shape as it always seems to be in. How you can run an attraction with half the screens out and the ones in the car never working is beyond me. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I've never ridden the attraction when it was even close to working correctly.

Does Epcot really do so bad financially? It always seems decently crowded to me and test track seems to draw enough crowd that it is worth upkeeping.
    "Those who say that something can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it."- If anyone know who said this, please let me know.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I've noticed this the last few times. Huge lines, but the product slowly going downhill. I'm thinking, now that it's on the board, they'll hear us, I have faith.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

If show elements are failing, makes you wonder if vital mechanical components are suffering from the same lack of maintenance.

• Mostly Harmless.

I think that the popularity is part of the problem. It seems that the thought may be that they NEED it open. When in all actuality it's run down and it breaks a lot. I've stood in line for something like 45 minutes on a couple occasions just to get to the front of the line and then the stupid things is down for a "few" hours.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I can't believe that Disney just keeps running it in as sad shape as it always seems to be in. How you can run an attraction with half the screens out and the ones in the car never working is beyond me. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I've never ridden the attraction when it was even close to working correctly.
    The mentality out of Team Disney is.. "they are tourist and they probably are riding for the first time, so they do not know any better". But sadly, many of us do. The poor state of TT is one reason why I do not ride it anymore. I keep waiting for the day one of those cars will jump the track at 65 mph and crash land into the outdoor queue.. and only then, Disney will realize their maintenance standards are nil.

Test Track needs to go down for an extended refurbishment during the slow months. If Epcot does not have the budget to do proper maintenance on Test Track, they should just shut it down until they do and call it a refurbishment.

Disney touts safety as their main priority. If they are serious about this, then they should close it temporarily.

After riding TT in the shape it's in, I won't feel safe getting on it until I know it's being properly maintained.

• Banned User

They will be lucky if GM keeps the sponsorship of TT, given the circumstances of the industry up in Detroit.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Code90 View Post
    Test Track needs to go down for an extended refurbishment during the slow months. If Epcot does not have the budget to do proper maintenance on Test Track, they should just shut it down until they do and call it a refurbishment.

Disney touts safety as their main priority. If they are serious about this, then they should close it temporarily.

After riding TT in the shape it's in, I won't feel safe getting on it until I know it's being properly maintained.
    Four words: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad...
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I don't think there's any problem with the actual safety and maintenance of the ride. Surely they've learned from the BTMRR accident (hey, I can dream!). But the elements that are consistently out are show elements, and the ride can run with those down. But if you go through the corrosion room and the robot sprayers just sit there, does it make any sense show wise? Or if you go through the ABS braking test and then stop at monitors that show nothing (or worse - a Windows lockup logo as I saw once!), it really does impact the quality of the attraction. I know from my Disney history that Walt would leave an attraction totally shut down if it wasn't working perfectly. Sadly these days they don't see it the same as Walt (and most of us) did.

• Hello Dolly.

Well it has to get an update soon. They are going to test many new elements on the TT for the Cars version going in California Adventure.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I don't think there's any problem with the actual safety and maintenance of the ride. Surely they've learned from the BTMRR accident (hey, I can dream!). But the elements that are consistently out are show elements, and the ride can run with those down. But if you go through the corrosion room and the robot sprayers just sit there, does it make any sense show wise? Or if you go through the ABS braking test and then stop at monitors that show nothing (or worse - a Windows lockup logo as I saw once!), it really does impact the quality of the attraction. I know from my Disney history that Walt would leave an attraction totally shut down if it wasn't working perfectly. Sadly these days they don't see it the same as Walt (and most of us) did.
    I agree I do not think that the safety of the ride is affected at all. The show needs some fixin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I think that the popularity is part of the problem. It seems that the thought may be that they NEED it open.
    Yeah this is what I was going to say. Disney is always touting Test Track as one of the top two or three reasons to visit Epcot, and in some cases (along with Soarin') one of the only reasons to visit the park. It would kill them to close this for a few months for fear of losing park visitors.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast