Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dear Mr. Disney,

During your campaign to "Restore the Magic" a few years back, avid Disney fans such as myself supported your efforts to bring the magic back to the Walt Disney Company. Since the Iger/Eisner replacement there have been many positive changes and I applaud you for those. However, there have been an equal number of negative changes and one in particular that I would like to bring to your attention.

My wife and I were married on December 28th 1995 and have made Disneys Hollywood Studios our place of celebration for this very special occasion. Since our anniversary coincides with the holidays we have enjoyed many a trip to enjoy all the holiday experiences at Walt Disney World especially at the Hollywood Studios. Every year, until this one, has been spent enjoying all the holiday festivities at the Hollywood Studios including an intimate dining experience at the Brown Derby Restaurant before taking in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights.

As with all previous years we journeyed to the Hollywood Studios with the greatest of anticipation. Our day started much the same as in years past until we were seated at the Brown Derby Restaurant for our intimate dinner. After being seated, the afternoon turned sour. Looking around I was appalled to see that no holiday decorations had been placed around the restaurant as in previous years. When our server arrived at our table I asked her why the restaurant had not been dressed up for the holidays. She had no answer and immediately brought a manager to our table.
    Upon asking the same question again I was told that a decision had been made at one of the highest levels to minimize the decorating of restaurants this holiday season for budget reasons. What?????

Disney has always been about exceeding guests expectations. This course of action by the Disney management team is completely unjustified. Why am I expected to pay the same amount, or more (Holiday Premium Pricing), of money for a lessened guest experience. This is not "Restoring the Magic!!!"

I could go on about other lessened guest experiences but will stick to this one. Please Mr. Disney, be aware that the magic is again slowly being drained away at the expense of your guests and I again ask you to review the policies of current management and bring back the "True Magic" that is Disney!

Thanks for your attention.

Wishing you and yours a most wonderful holiday season.

Sincerely,
    The Barnhardt Family
    Last edited by Lightning509s; 12-12-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: To satisfy PHONEDAVE

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: An Open Letter To Roy Disney

Are you planning on sending this somewhere? If so, the spelling errors should be corrected.

I would be more upset with the steady decline in the quality of the food at the Brown Derby, but we all have our own "hot buttons"

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Red Face Re: An Open Letter To Roy Disney

I think your in the wrong place for this. This should be sent to Guest Services....I don't Roy Disney or anyone that could help you will see it here....

• Minion

Unfortunately, I think we're going to see a lot of things not done in a lot of places (besides just at Disney) due to budget reasons.

• Rock Star Minion

Dear Lightning509s,
    I am not in charge of WDW, nor do I have any influence over those who are in charge.
    You, however, are in charge of your choices how to spend your money. Please choose wisely in the future, and your choices may bring about change in a more direct way, to Disney company's bottom line, than a letter to me could.

Thank you.
    Roy Disney.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

you need to physically mail it to Roy E. Disney in order to get his attention.

Also write to Johnny Lasseter. He is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    you need to physically mail it to Roy E. Disney in order to get his attention.

Also write to Johnny Lasseter. He is the key.
    I have sent a formal letter out to Roy Disney. I did not send one to J. Lasseter but will do so. And PHONEDAVE, the spelling was correct in the formal letter, thank goodness for spellcheck in MS wordperfect.

Wishing everyone well this holiday season!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    I think your in the wrong place for this. This should be sent to Guest Services....I don't Roy Disney or anyone that could help you will see it here....
    Roy Disney does have people who scan miceage quite frequently. This website was used extensively during his 'Restore the Magic" campaign.

This is not to say he will actually look at this, but there is always a chance.

Best wishes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning509s View Post
    I have sent a formal letter out to Roy Disney. I did not send one to J. Lasseter but will do so. And PHONEDAVE, the spelling was correct in the formal letter, thank goodness for spellcheck in MS wordperfect.

Wishing everyone well this holiday season!

around I was appauled to see

I am appalled by the accuracy of your spell checker

Main Entry: ap·pall Variant(s): also ap·pal Function: verb Inflected Form(s): ap·palled; ap·pall·ing Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French apalir, from Old French, from a- (from Latin ad-) + palir to grow pale, from Latin pallescere, inchoative of pallēre to be pale — more at fallow Date: 14th century intransitive verbobsolete : weaken , failtransitive verb: to overcome with consternation, shock, or dismay <we were appalled by his behavior> synonyms see dismay

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I am appalled by the accuracy of your spell checker

-dave
    Are you a school teacher??? I guess I was not specific enough for you. I understand that my spelling on certain words in my original post were incorrect...Big whoopy dooo...

The original, the one I printed and mailed to Mr. Disney, was the one I was refering to. That letter was written in MS wordperfect and spellcheck was used.

I sincerely hope you will be able to sleep nights now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning509s View Post
    Are you a school teacher??? I guess I was not specific enough for you. I understand that my spelling on certain words in my original post were incorrect...Big whoopy dooo...

The original, the one I printed and mailed to Mr. Disney, was the one I was refering to. That letter was written in MS wordperfect and spellcheck was used.

I sincerely hope you will be able to sleep nights now!

I was sleeping just fine beforehand thank you very much. I noticed an error. I pointed it out, because errors in a formal letter make it lose a lot of creedence. I did not realize you posted your rough draft here and then corrected it before mailing a hard copy. I was just trying to help a person out, not a "Big Whoop-Dee-Doo" at all. Oh, and hey, welcome to MiceChat.

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 12-12-2008 at 09:17 AM.

• Rock Star Minion

"MS wordperfect"? That's a new one.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    "MS wordperfect"? That's a new one.
    We seriously need a giggling/snickering smiley.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed. As an avid WDW fan I understand your expectations. However, I think everyone has to keep in mind that the current financial issues surrounding this country weigh very heavy on the entertainment industry.

While we don't like them and we have a special expctation when it comes to Disney, they also have to tighten their belt. This means that things we have enjoyed in the past may be cut back or not there at all.

We as guests have to understand this. I don't think any of use has a good understanding of how much money is involved in running WDW. Whether or not Christmas decoration are as they have been in the past or not, it is still one of the best deals you can get.

Hopefully the economy will begin to recover and those things that we miss will be back next year. We can all hope for.

Remember the important thing here is your celebration of your anniversay. Congrats!!!

John

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    We seriously need a giggling/snickering smiley.
    I would like it assumed for most of my posts.

If it's any consolation, I have not put up my outdoor lights yet. And I'm busy the next few weekends. I hope this will not detract from the rest of my guests' experiences at my house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast