Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Re: My miniature Christmas Main St village

On the serious side...great display. You certainly put a lot of hard work in it. Thanks so very much for sharing with everyone.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    No need to worry about stealing any thunder here, I enjoyed seeing your "holiday layover" to the Olszewski pieces. Anyone is free to post there own pics aswell, last year I couldn't find pics anywhere online of village scene with the Disney pieces. The Olsweski pieces are very nice unfortunatly I don't have any of them. I have been collecting the series of Main St buildings since they first came out with the castle around 2002, right after the Toontown series ended with Chip&Dale's Treehouse. I had hoped they would have added another building this year but alas nothing new from Disney this year, the rest is all Department 56.

Good idea to have the digital frame playing the fireworks behind it. I came up with the fiber optic fireworks set up last year and really liked them.

So the Disney stuff is by Disney and the rest is Dept 56 ?

I do a Dept 56 setup as well, but its all New England Village. I also have 8 or 10 Dickens Village peices, but I usualy don't them out because of lack of room.

I never cared for the Snow Village peices (too shiny for my tastes) but I know a lot of people like them.

Thats a nice set up you have there. I know how much work it can be to put it up each year. I'll have to take a picture of what i have set up this year, it's really a simple set up this time, all on one level. Most of the time I create some sort of height difference in the set up, but not this time. I also left the streetlights off because i didn't feel like getting fiddly with those wires and hiding them.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Thanks everyone for taking a look and the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    So the Disney stuff is by Disney and the rest is Dept 56 ?

I do a Dept 56 setup as well, but its all New England Village. I also have 8 or 10 Dickens Village peices, but I usualy don't them out because of lack of room.

I never cared for the Snow Village peices (too shiny for my tastes) but I know a lot of people like them.

Thats a nice set up you have there. I know how much work it can be to put it up each year. I'll have to take a picture of what i have set up this year, it's really a simple set up this time, all on one level. Most of the time I create some sort of height difference in the set up, but not this time. I also left the streetlights off because i didn't feel like getting fiddly with those wires and hiding them.

-dave
    Yes, the castle, train station, city hall, firehouse, cinema, casey's corner emporium and horse drawn trolley are all from Disney World. The Toontown houses are all from the old Disney catelog and was only park/catelog exclusives. The Disney swing, Mickey's North Pole playhouse and Mickey building the snowman are all Department 56 licenced Disney items. And the train is from Bachmann, (can't believe Disney isn't selling this train themselves) The rest is mostly Department 56' North Pole series, the accesories for Main St are Christmas in the City and the short lived D56 Disney park series. Only new additions actually from Disney this year is the soundtrack to Holiday Wishes I picked up (actually one of the only things I bought while down there this year).

If I want to see New England scenes all I have to do is look out my window Trust me I barely have the room either, living in an old brownstone in the city, luckily I have a spare hall closet and storage in the basement.

Snow Village series isn't really my favorite either so I don't usually collect them but there were a few that we liked. Plus I also like Coca Cola merchandise and D56 has release pieces in SnowVillage, Christmas in the City and North Pole so I get them and find a way to make them work somewhere.

I'd love to see your set up! The street light wires are the worst to try hiding

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post

If I want to see New England scenes all I have to do is look out my window Trust me I barely have the room either, living in an old brownstone in the city, luckily I have a spare hall closet and storage in the basement.
    Well, while I can't exactly see them from my window, I can see them close by as well I am in a condo, and all the Dept 56 lives in the front closet. I do have a large storage area, but it's a communial one. I keep things like bikes, the turkey fryer, and the trap thrower chained up in there, but it's hard to chain up Dept 56 houses, so they stay in the closet.

I'd love to see your set up! The street light wires are the worst to try hiding
    Wow, it looks so much smaller in pictures. I also don't like to crowd the peices so much, and like to spread them out. I think there are 10 "large" peices on this layout. Routing the wires for that ship is allways a pain the rear. Next year I have to make some sort of backdrop so you cant see walls.

Looking at it, I really did not like the snow this year either. I don't use those blankets, I use the shredded plastic snow (and vaccum it up each year). In the past it has been a lot finer, sort of like a plastic sand. This stuff is like shredded garbage bags, the "flakes" are too big and it does sit right on the layout.

-dave

"I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12