Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Not here to help

Fantasmic in 2001

Back in 2001 when me and my travel companions where in Florida we visited Disney World one hectic day. Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM in one day!
    We wanted to end the visit by watching a show called Fantasmic. I had no idea what it was but I knew I just had to see it!
    We messed up and the showarenas gates where already closed when we arrived for the show.
    While standing outside the Beauty and the beast theatre and being all grumpy and desperate we mett a German family (I think) that also missed the show.
    Me and my friend Tina started to look for a way to get in and see the show that was just about to start. There where fences and closed of areas everywhere. After a while we descided to climb the theatre gates and see if there was a way to sneak past the closed areas to atleast get a sneak peek of Fantasmic. The germans eager as they were joined us.
    After having climbed over the the gates to closed off area of the Beauty and the beast theatre we snuck into the area behind the stage. There was some lights on and I think I could hear someone in the building. We walked a bit and came to a big field of grass. On the other side we could see the Fantsmic showarena. We descided to make a run for it. We ran over the field as fast as we could. When we came to the arena there was a girl in uniform standing at the end of some stairs leading up. We walked past her as if we belonged there. We entered the seating area where the show had just begun. There was no seats left so we sat down in the walkway. The show was great and it was the perfect way to end a day.
    But we wanted more, so we ran to a buss and got off at Magic Kingdom just intime for the fireworks.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-15-2008 at 01:56 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Fantasmic in 2001

Ok TTT, I honestly believe what you did was wrong for many reasons. I do not think that running/jumping/trespassing fences and disobeying posted rules or regulations while at the Disney parks is something that should be done or encouraged on sites like this one. I feel what you did has a certain percentage of danger that could have been harmful to you if an accident had occured while trying to access the show in such unortodoxed way. I could only hope that others do not try to do the same thing you did as it entails behaving recklessly in the park and that should be discouraged, not only by Disney management, but also by fans who care about the proper operation and posted rules of the park.

Please avoid doing such things at the parks as they can get you in deep water with security and also banned off the parks for life.

(But if you must see a Fantasmic show, go see the DLR version which is nicer than the WDW version, but next time, keep in mind it is advisable to show up about 45 mins before show time so you can enjoy the show from a good spot. Fantasmic is a very popular presentation, and as such, you must make an effort to arrive early to enjoy the show.)
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 12-15-2008 at 08:49 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Exactly. This ain't no Six Flags park.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Ok TTT, I honestly believe what you did was wrong for many reasons. I do not think that running/jumping/trespassing fences and disobeying posted rules or regulations while at the Disney parks is something that should be done or encouraged on sites like this one. I feel what you did has a certain percentage of danger that could have been harmful to you if an accident had occured while trying to access the show in such unortodoxed way. I could only hope that others do not try to do the same thing you did as it entails behaving recklessly in the park and that should be discouraged, not only by Disney management, but also by fans who care about the proper operation and posted rules of the park.

Please avoid doing such things at the parks as they can get you in deep water with security and also banned off the parks for life.

(But if you must see a Fantasmic show, go see the DLR version which is nicer than the WDW version, but next time, keep in mind it is advisable to show up about 45 mins before show time so you can enjoy the show from a good spot. Fantasmic is a very popular presentation, and as such, you must make an effort to arrive early to enjoy the show.)
    I'd have to agree, I kept waiting for the part of the story when a rock blew up ion his face... Not that I wanted that. Just sounded like a very bad idea.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Geoff London

Totally agree. Offstage areas are there for a reason. What if fireworks had been falling or there were cables on the ground you may not have seen (you admitted you were running). You put yourselves at risk and Disney security would have frowned on your actions in a severe way - like a life time ban. If you are desperate to see Fantasmic then book the dinner package - that way you don't stand in line, you get a meal and you get reserved seating. Like TDLfan said the show at DL is much more compact and somewhat nicer for being so, although getting a spot to watch it (it's not done in a seated areana) is a nightmare!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

agreed.

I'm crazy with stuff that I do, but I would never break Disney rules or laws to see a show.

Immature if you ask me.

• Hall Of Promise

People have jumped fences and gotten killed, literally, in some brutal ways because they thought it was safe to jump fences and cross "authorized personal only" signs. I have to say that some people will just never learn or take things seriously.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The signs say "NO TRESPASSING" for a reason.

• Not here to help

We all have it as a fond memory and it was not something that we will ever regret in anyway. As a kidd we did these kind of things all the time.
    There where no signs of danger so we just did it. No flying rocks or dangerous cords and headchopping sixflags rollercoasters hiding in the woods.There might have been ticks in the grass but they are easy to remove. The area was just grass and trees. Really nice in monlight. The girl "guarding" the stairway just smiled at us when we entered the arena.
    We would have done the same thing today just to relive an old favorite Disney memory.
    Not that it matters but there was not a single "no trespassing sign".
    I hope that the German family is doing great today and I would like to thank them for being part of this great evening.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-16-2008 at 04:48 AM.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Not that it matters but there was not a single "no trespassing sign".
    Wow. Fail. You climbed over a CLOSED gate! It's closed for a reason! You're not supposed to enter it! Who needs a sign for that? I don't have a "no trespassing sign" on my front door, but that doesn't mean you can just come barging into my house. I hope next time you trip and break your nose.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Don't feed the troll....

• Not here to help

Itīs funny to see all the outrage this silly litle incident caused amung the diehard Disneypark fans. When we told our friend that works for Disneyworld (in a high position) he laughed and asked if the show was good. Most people I have told about what we did have said that the wished they could be there also.
    Well I am not going anger you guys more with this. I just wanted to tell what once happened 8 years ago. I donīt want to end up with a stone in my head or anything

• Not here to help

Pizzapants... donīt go wishing for bad stuff to happend to others. It always comes back at yourself. We ment no harm, there was no harm done. Atleast I donīt go hoping for people to get hurt.
    See you at Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Itīs funny to see all the outrage this silly litle incident caused amung the diehard Disneypark fans. When we told our friend that works for Disneyworld (in a high position) he laughed and asked if the show was good. Most people I have told about what we did have said that the wished they could be there also.
    Well I am not going anger you guys more with this. I just wanted to tell what once happened 8 years ago. I donīt want to end up with a stone in my head or anything
    TDLFAN is always talking about how WDW is going down hill, how trashy the place is getting, how stale, and here you go posting the proof!! I've seen pictures of kids IN the gardens at the entrance of MK, you and other jumping fences, even things as simple as people stopping in the middle of a theater instead of "moving in to the last available seat". Rules and gates, and off limit areas are there for a reason. Obey the rules and EVERYONE has a good time. Start breaking even the simple rules gets people upset, then they get others upset and then CM's get upset trying to keep the peace, then the next show that CM is aggravated and spoils someone else experience.

Most of the time I thing TDLFAN is an old grouch, but I think he may have the right idea about WDW. Unfortunately I can't afford to wing my way to any of the other parks. I'm pretty much stuck with going to WDW, so PLEASE stop messing with my WDW experience, and follow the rules so we can all get along !

• Mostly Harmless.

Didn't a kid get decapitated by a roller coaster at Magic Mountain this last summer for entering a restricted area? Just wanted to throw that out there...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast