Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Play Pass

Smile 4 Play Pass

I was wondering if anyone knows about the 4 play deal for next year and is it gonna be the same as this years?:

Limited Time Offer for Florida Residents:

4 Theme Parks, 4 Days, only $125 plus tax! - Enjoy four days of fun with the Disney Play 4 Days Pass for the exceptional price of only $125 plus tax (available 1/1 - 2/29/08)! This special pass provides admission to one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks per day for four days.
    You can use your Disney Play 4 Days Pass any four days you like for six months from first use.

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• World Traveler

Re: 4 Play Pass

This is a pretty good deal, but I wonder if you can add the park hopper feature to it?

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Lol - I saw this title and thought, man, they really are making those princess/fairy meet and greets interesting now! Those guys in marketing do not think do they?
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

In the mean time.. I am still waiting for them to charge for fastpass. Just went back to Orlando's Sea World yesterday and found out they have something called "Quick Queue" which allows you front of the line access for the small fee of $14.99 plus tax I guess. Ain't life sweet? Universal and Sea World are fattening their cash cow in the midst of a recession, while the Disney folks keep loosing potential revenue from those guests with no patience to wait.

Speaking of Sea World.. anyone going there in the next few days... Check out their fabulous Shamu' Xmas Miracles show, and quite entertaining overlay of the Artic exhibit, themed to the "Polar Express" movie. They exceeded my expectation when I actually had little hope. KUDOS to the Busch people. Sea World was clean and well maintained, plus the new Manta Coaster is coming along nicely and I can't wait to ride it this summer 09.

Blog Entries

While I support anything that lowers the impact that fast passes have, wouldn't we all consider a charge for fastpass to be a "Decline by Degrees"

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    In the mean time.. I am still waiting for them to charge for fastpass. Just went back to Orlando's Sea World yesterday and found out they have something called "Quick Queue" which allows you front of the line access for the small fee of $14.99 plus tax I guess. Ain't life sweet? Universal and Sea World are fattening their cash cow in the midst of a recession, while the Disney folks keep loosing potential revenue from those guests with no patience to wait.
    Stop giving them ideas!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    While I support anything that lowers the impact that fast passes have, wouldn't we all consider a charge for fastpass to be a "Decline by Degrees"

Initiating FastPass - Decline by degrees
    Charging for FastPass - Decline by degrees
    Removing FastPass - Decline by degrees

take your pick

Some will argue one (or two) of the above statments. If any one person can argue all three at once, well then my hat is off.

I personaly would not like to see it a pay-to-play option, only from a selfish sense, I don't want to pay for myself and my kids when I go. Purely personal and selfish reasons.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've been getting the 3/4 Day Play pass for the last 4 years. Yes you can add the park-hopper option to it for an additional like $35. Also, the pass expires 6 months from the first time you use it, unless you add the no-expiration option for another like $30.

I still have one day left on the pass I bought at the beginning of the year, but I added the no-expiration, so I can use it next year.

And remember, this pass is only for Florida residents and proof of residency (driver's license, state issued ID or military ID) is needed. You can only buy one pass per ID. And they print your name on the back of the pass like they do regular APs, so they're not transferable.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I agree....I think adding one of those front of the line passes would do absolutely NO good for Disney parks. In fact, it would seriously discourage me from going, as much as I LOVE WDW.

I think it would discourage and enrage alot of people at the parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Stop giving them ideas!
    Pugleeeze!! They never listen to me, which is why the quality at WDW keeps going downhill. What makes you believe they will consider my idea viable? But I wonder... if people are willing to pay more for hopping benefits, then why not Fastpass? It may enrage some but in the end.. it makes economical sense for Disney, especially since they operate the parks as a cash cow anyways.. so why not squeeze more out of you all? I think in the end, it's what's best for Disney, and NOT the guests. Declining in Degrees? Hardly. I feel making people stand is slow moving lines while a small percentage of guests is being passed up to the front constantly is also a "decline" in degree of quality.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 12-17-2008 at 11:21 PM.

I would prefer they either made it a perk for the Deluxe Hotels only or got rid of it all together.

• Banned User

I vote to get rid of it. Fastpass has been a virus in the World of Disney parks, and like any virus, it has spread all over to similar non-Disney entertainment venues. I was so happy that Cedar Point did not offer such services during my visit, and we all waited our turn like any given visitor would. And the lines moved! Imagine that!

Disney were not the first to offer it. Alton Towers in the UK offered the electronic service about 4 years before Disney. But it is horrible. It makes the parks feel more crowded. And it makes park experiences less spontaneous, with crazy standbys.

Did my question get answered?

Are they going to bring back the $125 4 Park deal next year?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rlop747 View Post
    Did my question get answered?

Are they going to bring back the $125 4 Park deal next year?
    Rlop, I apoligize.

You asked a perfectly good question, and the thread once again became a vehicle for what some people feel WDW is doing wrong, and I allowed myself to be baited into it.

Especially as Rlop is a BRAND NEW member, I hang my head. No wonder it is dead around these boards. A brand new member comes on, asks a question about the 4 day play pass, and somehow the thread becomes an argument about the merits / demerits of FastPass. Talk about lack of focus at WDW, what about lack of focus in this thread.

To answer the original question. Right now WDW is offering the 4_day play pass for $160 + tax

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

OF course, they can change that offer at any time

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast