Extra Magical Hours

I heard that they dont use the wristbands for extra magical hours at night anymore and instead just check your room key at each ride. I want to know if this is true and if they do just check your room key at each ride do they scan it or just look at it real quick?
    Im going in about 2 weeks and surprising a few friends that will already be there and just going to crash in their hotel room and i wont be able to add myself to the room and get a key to the world cuz the room already has 4 people staying in it.

Re: Extra Magical Hours

Yes, they check hotel room keys, however, in my experience, it was more like they look for the keys alone. I didn't see any cast members try to compare names and dates of stay. So if you have a recent one it might work.

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

I suppose that might work - but do you really want to risk the embarrassment of being caught out.

In my experience, some CM's have a quick glance and some read every word!

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by tot1939 View Post
    I heard that they dont use the wristbands for extra magical hours at night anymore and instead just check your room key at each ride. I want to know if this is true and if they do just check your room key at each ride do they scan it or just look at it real quick?
    Im going in about 2 weeks and surprising a few friends that will already be there and just going to crash in their hotel room and i wont be able to add myself to the room and get a key to the world cuz the room already has 4 people staying in it.
    Just so you know what you may be risking....the amount of people allowed in a room is based on what the Fire Department allows. Heaven forbid there is ever a fire, they will go in and make sure 4 people get out...do you want to be that 5th that is left behind. Aside from the fact that you are stealing from all the good people who are paying to stay at Disney.

Be a sport and take a room for the night so you don't have to worry about being embarassed and embarassing the people you are with.

In your case, I don't think you need to be concerned about how closely they look at the writing on each room key. If there are 4 other people, each with a key, and each goes on a ride, then you will have no key. The cast members ARE very strict about not letting people on rides/in attractions if they don't have proof they are a resort guest.

It'll only work for you if one of your friends decides to go have a Mickey Bar while the rest of you enter the ride/attraction.

• When Will It Return?

This sounds like non-Resort guests would be able to stay in the EMH park and walk around for however long they'd like to, but just won't be able to ride anything. If so, the procedure change retards the value of EMH, IMO.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    This sounds like non-Resort guests would be able to stay in the EMH park and walk around for however long they'd like to, but just won't be able to ride anything. If so, the procedure change retards the value of EMH, IMO.
    I dunno, I always thought the value of EMH was somewhat diminished when they no longer provided EMH in every park on an ever day basis but given all the special events that occur throughout the year I guess there was no way around that.

Personally I dont mind the new concept even though it was mainly set up for the parks to earn extra dough from the merchandise stores and restaraunts during after hours. I dont mind the idea of hitting the restaraunts during EMH when most people will either be out of the park or are on attractions because of their hotel privileges. I think most people wont bother with the new EMH if they find they wont be able to get on attractions without hotel privileges. Wont change much, IMO.

• When Will It Return?

I'd exploit it. An empty park at night makes for good photography opportunities.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13