• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Candlelight Processional - Epcot/DHS - 12/20 - 12/21, 2008

I decided to go to WDW for the weekend to meet up with some friends, as I had never experienced the Candlelight Processional, that was high up on my list.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took last weekend, please visit HERE.

I arrived to Epcot, with Christmas music playing at the entrance. As it's the busiest week of the year the line was already back past the ticket booths, Merry Christmas. LOL

The front entrance is decorated with Mickey, Minnie and the gang and it really gets your Christmas spirit going.

I stopped and grabbed a CP program, as we had reservations at Tutto Italia for the package, I wanted to make sure I could catch some of the story tellings of the various Santa's all over World Showcase.

As we were a little early, we stopped by the Mexico Pavilion and rode Gran Fiesta Tour.

Turns out the times for the Santa stories all started early in Canada, so we rushed over there to catch the first one.

After a few moments of waiting we were greeted by this jolly old fellow.

It was then he shared the most wonderful stories about the Canadian Christmas.

Our next stop was France, were a very animated Pere Noel told stories of good little petites!

I loved this little Madeline doll, just adorable.

Next up was Japan, where we learned about the Daruma Doll. The story goes that you paint one eye and make a wish and when your wish comes true, you paint the other.

Our lunch reservation was drawing close, so we headed over and checked in at Tutto Italia, the food here is always so good. With the CP package you got so much food!

I had the Veal meatballs for an appetizer.

My entree was a stuffed chicken breast with spinach and mashed potatoes.

For desert I had this wonderful puff pastry topped with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate.

Afterwards we walked over to get in line for the processional, we ended up in the second row! It was so beautiful, if you love the spirit of Christmas and the music of the holidays, you really can't pass this up. It was such a joyful experience, I'm definitely going back again next year.

The entire thing consisted of an orchestra, a chorus, the Voices of Liberty and a celebrity narrator who reads The Christmas Story. This weekend it was Abigal Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine), she did a fabulous job, she has amazing poise for a 12yr old girl!

Here are some various pics from the event.

This guy on the left was REALLY into it, it was incredibly sweet and a little bit funny.

On the way out of WS we managed to catch the end of the Three Kings story in Mexico.

I love the archway they have at Epcot with the tree framing it out at the end, it makes for some beatutiful photos.

We ended the evening at Animal Kingdom Lodge, looking down over the lobby from the Club Lounge and just soaked in the atmosphere and I snapped some various pics.

If you've never stayed there I would recommend it, it's just a gorgeous resort.

Day 2

Waking up refreshed and ready to go I hopped in the car and headed to Hollywood Studios.

I arrived to more Christmas decorations, the tree all decorated and standing tall.

These wonderful ladies were hosting their own radio show on the main road, they were very funny!

I got a glimpse of the new American Idol attraction, it seems to be coming together nicely, I can't wait to see if it's any good.

Did you know that with the addition of TSMM, the crowds never go left? I always love walking that direction as there is no people on that side of park. Star Tours is always a walk on in the morning.

Looks like Santa's having some trouble.

I've never noticed this before, does anyone know what it is?

I grabbed a FP for TSMM and headed into Walt Disney: One Man's Dream when my friends called.

Our first attraction of the day was the Narnia exhibit, I haven't seen the second film but after watching the introduction here, I can't wait to see it!

Next we stopped in to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Prince Eric's wig always cracks me up.

He looks so sad!

Yay for happy endings!

Then we headed over to see Playhouse Disney. See a theme going on here? We had some little ones with us so we took in a lot of shows that day, it was a lot of fun!

Mickey's Clubhouse

Handy Mandy

Little Einsteins

My Friends Tigger and Pooh

Finally, Minnie had her birthday party.

It wouldn't be a complete day if we didn't stop and see Beauty and the Beast.

Gaston kinda looks like Jim Carrey here, is it just me? LOL

After we finished we headed back to the hotel to rest and to check out the animals. It was there that I departed and headed back home, it was a great weekend and I'm kind of glad I got out of there before the mad rush.

Thanks for sharing my weekend with me and I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!

The End

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Candlelight Processional - Epcot/DHS - 12/20 - 12/21, 2008

Such great pictures Summer. I loved the different characters in each country celebrating the holidays. Whenever I see that you did a trip report, I know it's going to be top notch. Once again you didn't disappoint!
    Thanks!

Chad

• World Traveler

Great pictures and report, Summer! Did you get a good deal on the AKL?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Great pictures and report, Summer! Did you get a good deal on the AKL?
    I was actually there visiting Evilqueenrocks, she got a great rate but I honestly don't remember what it was. LOL

I will say this, after partaking in the Club level fun, I might never go moderate again.

I absolutely LOVE AKL. It is my all time favorite resort.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the report!

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    He looks so sad!
    I absolutely DIED when I saw this picture! LOL

• Mostly Harmless.

Great Pics Summer! How is it "clear" back up here in the cold?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing those wonderful shots, Summer!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Most excellent TR!

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

Great TR, as always!!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey