•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

American Idol - Passholder Preview - Must Sign Up!!!

Photo courtesy of Disney.

They are holding a AP Preview for the new American Idol attraction but it requires you to sign up online.

Here is the link:

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Show Information
    Dates: February 5 - February 8, 2009
    Time: Show will last approximately 30 minutes
    Location: The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios™

Sign-up below to reserve a seat in the audience!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: American Idol - Passholder Preview - Must Sign Up!!!

My daughter and I are signed up for Feb, 7th at 1pm if anyone wants to join us, feel free.

• Disneyholic

Aww If only it was a few weeks earlier I'd go just to heckle , will be down there Jan 22-26th...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Still can't pay me enough.

• Occasional Reader

I can understand people wanting a nosey at the attraction, but will this whole american/pop idol thing work ?
    I have listened to a couple of podcasts on it, and the only bit I truly get is the bit where the TV people seem to be picking up the referb bill.

I'm cynical enough to believe that in a corporate world, somebody, somewhere may just expect this attraction to have a shelf life, at which point they plan to say "Thank you very much for our building back, very nice of you to pay for it to be recomissioned. Now then what were we going to do that was cost prohibitive before, that seems much cheaper now it's not going into a derelict warehouse."

I can't understand why people would want to spend a full day involved in being ridiculed because they cannot sing. They broadcast some of the american Idols in the UK and the queues of people that can't sing are massive, and most of them a just boringly bad, only the odd few can sing or are entertainingly bad.
    The prize of a guaranteed place (aka fastpass) for a regional audition, fantastic prize for overseas visitors.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Still can't pay me enough.
    Oh Aimster be careful everyone has a price...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    I can understand people wanting a nosey at the attraction, but will this whole american/pop idol thing work ?
    Simple answer? nope.

I have listened to a couple of podcasts on it, and the only bit I truly get is the bit where the TV people seem to be picking up the referb bill.

I'm cynical enough to believe that in a corporate world, somebody, somewhere may just expect this attraction to have a shelf life, at which point they plan to say "Thank you very much for our building back, very nice of you to pay for it to be recomissioned. Now then what were we going to do that was cost prohibitive before, that seems much cheaper now it's not going into a derelict warehouse."

I can't understand why people would want to spend a full day involved in being ridiculed because they cannot sing. They broadcast some of the american Idols in the UK and the queues of people that can't sing are massive, and most of them a just boringly bad, only the odd few can sing or are entertainingly bad.
    The prize of a guaranteed place (aka fastpass) for a regional audition, fantastic prize for overseas visitors.

Hmm Never underestimate the number of "entertainingly bad" people out there... And yes I probaly fall into that category! Some of the more memorable moments where the ones who did the worst in the auditions. That all said I for one am glad not to be the poor cast members who have to "judge" the competition... I have a feeling that's where they will send the naughty CM's to punish them...

One has to wonder if they will open the old catwalk bar for those who need to "warm up" before the competition....

• Not here to help

american idol...
    sure it´s great to see new things in WDW... I just can´t see how a thing like this can be regarded as a major thing. this is something that I think most non american visitors will do if it rains...
    if Fantasmic is down for the evening idol is not a choice. moste visitors would rather go to MK or just home

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Oh Aimster be careful everyone has a price...
    Considering I avoid anything American Idol related like the plague... don't bet your paycheck.

• Banned User

I signed up for the preview on Feb 5th at noon. Not much into AI but I do want to see what Disney is going to do with it, and probably be able to see this once and never ever have to step foot in that theater again... but I will reserve my judgement on this show until after I see it. The worst thing that could happen would be for that Hung guy to get on the stage and sing "She Bangs!".

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I signed up for the preview on Feb 5th at noon. Not much into AI but I do want to see what Disney is going to do with it, and probably be able to see this once and never ever have to step foot in that theater again... but I will reserve my judgement on this show until after I see it. The worst thing that could happen would be for that Hung guy to get on the stage and sing "She Bangs!".

Dude but TDL, that guy is so awesome in concert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=pJRnPn41jqM

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The worst thing that could happen would be for that Hung guy to get on the stage and sing "She Bangs!".
    That would actually be quite awesome.