• Too far from Disney World

Annual Pass Question

I have a question on annual passes: Can they be used at WDW and Disneyland? Or can you only use them at the park you purchase them at?

We have a chance to go to Disneyland for the first time in May because Botcon is being held in Pasadena this year. And we've been to WDW the last two years in September and I'd love to go again this year. If they can be used in both parks I have a feeling it might save us some money?
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Re: Annual Pass Question

Just the resort you buy it at. The only tickets that are good at both are the "Magic Your Way" Tickets, and only if you purchase the "no expiration date" option.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

WDW passes are good only at WDW. Disneyland passes are only good at Disneyland. Same goes for the international parks as well.

• Frequent WDW Visitor

Now, MouseSavers reports that regular WDW tickets (not Annual Passes) are valid at Disneyland, too. I've never tried myself, but I have talked to Guests who have used WDW tickets there and heard other reports of it as well. (The reverse is not true, however, as WDW tickets are more expensive than Disneyland tickets.) So maybe a No Expiration ticket would be a good option for you?

• Disneyholic

That's interesting, but I'm not sure it's worth the $165 difference on the 10 day ticket price to add the no expiration option to a base MYW ticket for most folks...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Too far from Disney World

Thanks for the info guys! We're still trying to figure out the dates so I have a feeling that we will just be paying for the tips seperatly. But as long as I'm in Disney, it's all good! I was just trying to see if I'd be able to save money
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I say just make sure you verify everything with ticket services/guest relations before buying anything though.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I imagine that nationwide there are plenty of fools like me who need to have an AP at both DL at WDW, so much so that Disney is probably in no hurry to provide a "both parks" AP.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I imagine that nationwide there are plenty of fools like me who need to have an AP at both DL at WDW, so much so that Disney is probably in no hurry to provide a "both parks" AP.
    First and foremost I don't think any of us would call you a fool Dan, unless they do it just to prove me wrong and be ornery.

I always thought it was more a matter of accounting.... DL and WDW have separate budgets who get's the money/profit bump for the AP sales?

That's why I'm still amazed they let you use the WDW passes at DL. DL gets no money from the deal, they loose a gate fee, WDW already got thier money from the ticket sale, knowing most people loose or forget about the extra days they write them off that year. Couple that with the fact that there are so few disney owned rooms etc in DL they must really be banking on food/merchandise revenue more than gate prices in DL. WDW has to spread it out to cover the DME and other services, gate revenue alone is not enought to break even they need each person to spend a set ammount of money each day, especially with the APer's in the mix, after a point they are essentially going in for free having hit or passed the "break even" point on thier AP vrs buying day passes.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a really nice thing to let folks use the tickets on the west coast and all, it just dosn't seem make finacial sense to me unless I'm missing something in the equation... (wouldn't be the first time! won't be the last!)
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...