• We're all MAD here!

Help / Advice needed for upcoming trip to Disney World during Super Bowl - how busy?

Hi all,

My family and I are preparing to take our first trip to Disney World from Sunday Feb. 1st through Saturday Feb 7th.

In all of our excitement of planning and booking the trip we did not realize that Sunday February 1st is Super Bowl Sunday!! To add to this, the Super Bowl is being held in Tampa Bay!!!

Bad, bad, bad, planning on our part.

We are looking info on how busy the parks will be during the week after the Super Bowl. Does anyone have any guesses or advice?

Our whole intention of planning the trip for early February was to try to avoid overcrowding in the parks. Since this is our first trip to Disney World, we didn't want to fight large crowds.

Would we be better off trying to rebook our trip for a later week? I’m not sure what options we have being so close to the date of our trip.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Help / Advice needed for upcoming trip to Disney World during Super Bowl - how bu

Not sure about this. Super Bowl is not a major family activity. Most people there for the game -- media -- have to be there the week BEFORE the Super Bowl. That might be a more crowded week as spouses and children go to WDW while media spouse works.
    Otherwise it should be a normal off-season week.

The week after might not be as bad. Super Bowl Sunday will be filled with people who prefer WDW over watching the game on the telly.
    Out in CA, we get an ebb and flow of Super Bowl crowds, as the rumor/tip about the crowd on Super Bowl Sunday swings from, "No one goes there" to "Everyone goes because no one goes" and back. (I think the weather is a bigger factor.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyholic

Re: Help / Advice needed for upcoming trip to Disney World during Super Bowl - how bu

I'm not sure the parks will be that bad, but the airport might be a lot busier than normal to handle the overflow and rental cars may be harder to come by given Orlando is so close to Tampa a lot of folks may just fly into MCO and drive down to avoid the higher fares at TPA...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I went to WDW the last time the Super Bowl was in Tampa and it wasn't too bad if I remember correctly.

• We're all MAD here!

Talking Re: Help / Advice needed for upcoming trip to Disney World during Super Bowl - how bu

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reading your feedback helped to calm our nerves.

We've had really good luck on our previous trips to Disneyland and I hope that we do at Disney World as well.

The countdown is on! At this time in two weeks, we'll be at Disney World.

We're staying at the All Star Music resort so fingers crossed for a good experience there as well.

Thanks again!