• Sponsored by Turtle Wax

Resort Hopping and Tickets

Hello all. I'm taking the family to WDW in March. We're staying at the Polynesian for 4 nights and the Animal Kingdom Lodge for two nights -- in that order. We bought our Park Hopper tickets separately (got a good deal through my employer). I have heard that upon check-in at a Disney hotel, you can request that your separately purchased tickets be 'added' to your room key. Didn't know that this was possible, but I love the idea. We normally have to keep up with our tickets and room keys separately. Makes sense to have everything together.

My question is: does anyone know if I can have the tickets added to my room keys if I'm resort hopping? Wondering if they could simply 'split the difference' on my 7 day tickets and put 4 on the Poly key cards and the remainder on the AKL card. Tried talking with someone at Walt Disney Travel Co. and they had no information. Thanks, in advance, for any info that you might have!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Resort Hopping and Tickets

I'd call the resorts and ask them. They'll know more.

Thanks...that was my next step. Although, I called the Poly directly with a question about the room amenites for Garden View and the guy that answered didn't know how the room was equipped!

Figured the folks that frequent this site would know WAY more!
    Last edited by Kadiem; 01-19-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: grins

Quote Originally Posted by Kadiem View Post
    Thanks...that was my next step. Although, I called the Poly directly with a question about the room amenites for Garden View and the guy that answered didn't know how the room was equipped!

Figured the folks that frequent this site would know WAY more!
    I just got back from 5 nights at the Poly, maybe I can answer your question about room amenities. What would you like to know?

Thanks....I'm staying at the Polynesian for 4 nights and then moving over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the last 2 nights. I bought my tickets separately and wanted to have the admission added to my room keys at the hotels. Just wondered if I'd be able to do this, since I won't have the same room key for the duration of our visit.

Oh....and regarding the amenities.....I finally found that info that I needed. Was just curious about whether or not the room would have a daybed.

Poly rooms DO have a daybed, standard.

The reason you had no luck when you called the resort directly is that you didn't call the resort. One of DIsney's best kept secrets is that even though they publish separate numbers for each resort, no calls go directly to any resort. The calls are answered at a place with the very un-Disney name of Main Switchboard.

The cast members there know where each call comes from and what number was called, so they can answer your call as if they are at the Polynesian Resort, even though they're not. They're trained to be gate keepers, to keep calls away from the resorts. They try to handle everything. If they can't, they put you on hold and call the resort and ask them if they want to take the call. If they don't, then the CM gets back on the phone and does some sort of song-and-dance ....

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Poly rooms DO have a daybed, standard.

The reason you had no luck when you called the resort directly is that you didn't call the resort. One of DIsney's best kept secrets is that even though they publish separate numbers for each resort, no calls go directly to any resort. The calls are answered at a place with the very un-Disney name of Main Switchboard.

The cast members there know where each call comes from and what number was called, so they can answer your call as if they are at the Polynesian Resort, even though they're not. They're trained to be gate keepers, to keep calls away from the resorts. They try to handle everything. If they can't, they put you on hold and call the resort and ask them if they want to take the call. If they don't, then the CM gets back on the phone and does some sort of song-and-dance ....

Thanks for that information. It is indeed a very good secret --- I actually thought that I was talking to someone at the Polynesian Resort!