Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Obama and the Hall of Presidents

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    They are refurbishing HOP, but couldn't get started on building the new AA until they knew the outcome of the election. So that's why they can't jump on Obamamania right now.
    'its all the same color on the inside...'

AAs have the same guts.. and its not like they didn't know what the guys looked like so they couldn't design the dolls. They wouldn't need 8 months just to put one AA together. You don't run a company by waiting until you can physically do something to start it. They don't close the place before they know what they are doing, and have the work done, etc.

Having the HOP down for so long is actually pretty encouraging that its getting some good TLC and hopefully some enhancements. I would assume because there are so many AAs they need a lot of time to refurb them and they are going through them all. Otherwise, I can't imagine why they would close it for such a great length of time.

I wish we had more WDW rehab news here on the forum. No one has even mentioned UoE going down, etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I doubt a wholly new animatronic is being built for President Obama. Instead the A-100 that was President Bush is probably being changed into President Obama, with a new, simpler animatronic being built for the former president. There is no need to have President Bush continue to be a complex figure with a wide range of movements if all he is going to do is smile and nod like the other presidents.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Good Point LB.. but that means they still have two AAs to rework.

One time I'd love to sit with a project manager on one of these refurbs to really get the project timeline broken down. Their 6-9 month schedules just seem crazy long.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceAge Columnist

But imagine if the other presidents really were A100s!

(head filling with visions of presidents moving and dancing like Charley Brown characters in unison)
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I doubt a wholly new animatronic is being built for President Obama. Instead the A-100 that was President Bush is probably being changed into President Obama, with a new, simpler animatronic being built for the former president. There is no need to have President Bush continue to be a complex figure with a wide range of movements if all he is going to do is smile and nod like the other presidents.
    That's a great point. I'm also wondering if they are considering doing something similar to the rumoured plans for Great moments with Mr. Lincoln and have Obama interact directly with Lincoln on stage. To me that would be pretty cool and reason for the delay. I think with this historic election and the mood of the country Disney has a real chance to do something special with an attraction that most would otherwise pass over.

• Geoff London

It's not just a case of putting up an AA of Barack. Rumour is that he will not have a speaking role. They are completely re-doing the whole show. That long tedious film is going. The presentation is to be slicker and snappier with Lincoln presiding over it all. So who knows what to expect.
    The great moments with Mr Lincoln at DL introduced those amazing headsets where the sound is all around you and the haircut you get feels like its really happening - they are sprucing you up to meet Abe! So they could come up with all sorts of new techno - we will just have to wait and see.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    They are refurbishing HOP, but couldn't get started on building the new AA until they knew the outcome of the election. So that's why they can't jump on Obamamania right now.
    Not true, they actually already had a McCain and Obama head done before the outcome of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    It's not just a case of putting up an AA of Barack. Rumour is that he will not have a speaking role. They are completely re-doing the whole show. That long tedious film is going. The presentation is to be slicker and snappier with Lincoln presiding over it all. So who knows what to expect.
    The great moments with Mr Lincoln at DL introduced those amazing headsets where the sound is all around you and the haircut you get feels like its really happening - they are sprucing you up to meet Abe! So they could come up with all sorts of new techno - we will just have to wait and see.
    Obama will have a speaking role. As a matter of fact, WDI already has given the speech to him for approval (which it has gotten, they are waiting on the recording now). The speech was made from excerpts from previous speeches he has given.

In the new HOP, you can expect George Washington, Abe Lincoln and Barack Obama to speak. The hall is also getting new lighting, sound as well as a nice spit and polish. WDI is also making it so people in wheelchairs can enter into the entrance instead of the exit. I'm not sure if they are putting in a remastered version of the film or if the old one will get a cleaning but it is supposed to stay last I heard.

Basically, this is HOP's Mansion style refurb. It should be outstanding.

[quote=Krankenstein;3400531]Not true, they actually already had a McCain and Obama head done before the outcome of the election.

Obama will have a speaking role. As a matter of fact, WDI already has given the speech to him for approval (which it has gotten, they are waiting on the recording now). The speech was made from excerpts from previous speeches he has given.

Thanks for the info Krankenstein. I'm glad to hear that WDI decided not adandon the speaking role of the current President. Have you heard anything about interactions between the Presidents, specifically Obama and Lincoln?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete's Dragon View Post
    Thanks for the info Krankenstein. I'm glad to hear that WDI decided not adandon the speaking role of the current President. Have you heard anything about interactions between the Presidents, specifically Obama and Lincoln?
    I will be just as surprised as you. I really have no clue what the actual script or format is going to be, but the involvement of the 3 Presidents I mentioned is pretty solid. The only thing that could possibly change it is if Obama doesn't get the recording to WDI in time.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    In the new HOP, you can expect George Washington, Abe Lincoln and Barack Obama to speak. The hall is also getting new lighting, sound as well as a nice spit and polish. WDI is also making it so people in wheelchairs can enter into the entrance instead of the exit. I'm not sure if they are putting in a remastered version of the film or if the old one will get a cleaning but it is supposed to stay last I heard.

Basically, this is HOP's Mansion style refurb. It should be outstanding.
    Thank you! This explains the long downtime! It seemed excessive to be down for 7 months to stick in one more president, but this totally makes sense.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if they are putting in a remastered version of the film or if the old one will get a cleaning but it is supposed to stay last I heard.
    Rumors are it's being converted to digital. That's what I've read at least.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Rumors are it's being converted to digital. That's what I've read at least.
    Sounds great to me! Hopefully, it is more than a rumor!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Sounds great to me! Hopefully, it is more than a rumor!
    I hope so too. I'm excited about this refurb, but I'm also excited they are keeping the current movie, as I think it's well done. I also think the narrator has a great voice that makes me almost forget how great Maya Angelou was in the previous incarnation of the attraction narration.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Fortuosity!

How are they going to keep the old film if the 3 speeches put together are longer? Some editing will have to be done if that's the case. My wish list:

-New film in the spirit of the original. The current one is a terrible run through of America history (I'm sure the issue of slavery wasn't he only thing that happened in America's 230+ years of existence) and doesn't say anything about what a President's duty is or why these men were great in the past (aside form maybe Lincoln).

-Bring back Lincoln's original speech in some form, with the original audio tracks used form the World's Fair.

-If the current president must talk I'm glad it's his own words (sorta) and not some Disney script
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Angie_Duke View Post
    How are they going to keep the old film if the 3 speeches put together are longer? Some editing will have to be done if that's the case. My wish list:

-New film in the spirit of the original. The current one is a terrible run through of America history (I'm sure the issue of slavery wasn't he only thing that happened in America's 230+ years of existence) and doesn't say anything about what a President's duty is or why these men were great in the past (aside form maybe Lincoln).

-Bring back Lincoln's original speech in some form, with the original audio tracks used form the World's Fair.

-If the current president must talk I'm glad it's his own words (sorta) and not some Disney script
    Umm...the show will be longer.

The theater is HUGE and hardly (if ever) fills to capacity. They can afford to make it longer and put more people into the theater for each showing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast