Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

WDW Restaurant Recommendations

Ms. Oogie and myself and going to WDW the last week of March /first week of April. We are looking at doing one of the meal plans which gives us sit down dinners, but after looking at the list of all the restaurants in the parks, we are a bit overwhelmed over the number of options. The only thing we know is that we'd like to do California Grill one night so we can watch the fireworks over dinner (it's also a birthday dinner for her and a romantic dinner for the 2 of us . I do find it ironic that we are coming from California to Florida to eat at a place called 'California' Grill).

Can any of you who've been to WDW give some tips please on where is a good place to eat using the meal plan?

I had thought about the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Sci-Fi Dine In, But from what I've been reading, they aren't that good.

Thanks.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: WDW Restaurant Recommendations

If you are going to EPCOT- eat at Le Cellier. Very good food. I also like the Brown Derby.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Le Cellier, def.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I liked 50's Prime Time when I ate there. Had lunch and the ham sandwich I had was HUGE!

I highly recommend Kona Cafe at the Polynesian.

• Banned User

The Ale House on road 535, behind the Downtown Disney area, close to the Grand Cypress' main entrance.

Assuming you don't mind a quick trip on the monorail or making a bus connection, stopping at the Grand Floridian for Citricos and the Contemporary for The Wave were absolute dining highlights of our recent visit. The former is a 2x meal, and The Wave may be as well, but had just opened so I'm not sure if it's been added to the dining plan (yet).

Highly recommended.
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Some Recomendations

-Beaches and Cream at the Beach and Yacht Club resort. Easy walk from Epcot.

-I'm a fan of the Crystal Palace at MK.

-I think the Restaraunt in Mexico at Epcot gets overlooked. I've always enjoyed the atmosphere there (they have a nice little ride that has been updated) and the food is good as well.

• Banned User

One suggestion.. AVOID character meal buffets. They are overly priced for the quality of the food you get and basically, you are paying for the characters' appearances and not much else. If you really must try one restaurant at WDW.. go to Citricos.

A note on California Grill. It's really nice and the fireworks are fun from up top. The view of the park is nice too. But quiet and romantic (outside of the nice meal and fireworks) it isn't. The back, with no real view of the park, is a bit more quiet though.

Our suggestions.
    2 baggers
    Citricos.
    California Grill.

One Baggers
    'Ohana.
    Spoodles.
    Le Cellier
    Boma

• World Traveler

I also recommend Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge as well as Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I also recommend ... Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.
    Oooh, I just drooled a little thinking about the BBQ ribs and their amazing sausage. One of the highlights of the Backstage Magic tour.
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

If you're avoiding Character Meals, I'd say definitely Boma. Perhaps even Gulliver's Grill at the Swan (Timon/Rafiki or Pluto/Goofy appear, but it's definitely not a flat out Character Meal).

well it will be great to see you in the kingdom !!! ok on the meal plan in magic kingdom you can go to cosmic rays for lunch hamburgers and chicken nuggets and salads i hope you are in the know that spacemountin will be under rehab!!! cant wait to see you here have a magical day

• Disappearing/Reappearing

The food at 50's Primetime is good......but, if you want to go for lunch, make your reservation for late afternoon. Maybe even during the parade, if you have no interest in watching it. Why? Well, if you want to get the full "fun, family" effect of the place...it needs to be less than packed. The waiters need to be going at a slower pace in order to really play it up. When we went there...it was slammed, and we didn't get any of the fun things the place is known for. So...if you want that full effect...go when it's slower.

Sci Fi Drive in is one of my favorite places. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the atmosphere. It's SOOO fun! I dragged my parents there, just because my father is the reason behind my love of outrageous monster movies. You know, the giants ants and metallic space men. The restaurant shows previews for those old movies, along with Tom and Jerry cartoons and other cute stuff. The bad thing? The food is VERY limited and not all that great. And I know that I'm pretty picky...but, even my husband (who will eat anything not moving) has a problem finding something that sounds appealing at this restaurant.

Of the two....you have to decide which is more your style...tasty food (50's primetime) or lots of fun surroundings (scifi)

My wife and I absolutely loved Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge. I know when we went it counted as two dinners on the meal plan but it was worth it as we didn't think we would want big dinners every night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast