• Disney Memory Maker

Question Wedding Vows & Rehitching Questions

Hello all. My family is going to the Walt Disney World resort [probably] in June/July of 2006. August of that year is my Mom & Dad's 25th anniversary. What they really want to do is renew their wedding vows in Disney World. So I have a few questions for all of you.
    1) Where can they renew their wedding vows in Disney World?
    2) How much would it cost and would you have to reserve this in advance?
    3) Does the Garden Grill still offer the re-hitching ceremony?
    4) Do you have to specially request it in advanced & does it cost extra?
    5) What exactly is/was the Rehitching ceremony? Did anyone do this (or know someone who did)?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: Wedding Vows & Rehitching Questions

I don't know specifically about the program at WDW, but I know that Disneyland treats them like regular weddings. There isn't anything special or different about the ceremony, as far as I know.

As far as price goes, it used to be $2000 to reserve a date and locations. In my expereince, at Disney, they can expect to pay normal wedding prices for renewing their vows.

I apologize if I am giving incorrect information, this is just a guess based on my dealings with Fairy Tale Weddings. I know the program in Florida is much more established then the one in California, so I could be totally wrong.

www.disneyweddings.com is the official site

www.yourfairytale.com is another good site.

Yahoo groups has a few disney wedding groups that might be able to answer your questions a little better too.

Good Luck!

EDIT- Playing around with the website shows they do have something a little different for vow renewals- a phone call should give you all the info you need.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Happy Memories

As previously posted, most of the info your looking for can be found at the official Disney wedding site. There are tons of options. My ex and I looked into it, but the cost is just insane. From what I remember though you can tailor the experience to be whatever you want it to be as far as location and what is included. Sort of like a buffet of wedding bliss. They set you up with a Disney wedding planner who helps you sort through all of the particulars.

• Disney Memory Maker

I searched the Disney Weddings site, and found pretty much all the info (and thanks to google, I found that the Rehitching ceremony was discontinued). Wow, those renewals seem expensive ($4000 base price for the wedding pavillion and $3500 in the other 4 locations). However, those base prices also include a room stay for 5 days, 2 MYW tickets, etc. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the renewals without having to buy a room & tickets? We are already staying at Boardwalk/OKW and wouldn't need tickets (as we have APs).

The good part about the Rehitching ceremony was that it was fast, funny, free and informal.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Happy Memories

I'm pretty sure that it's possible. As I understand, the info on the site as far as pricing and packages is just to give you general idea/guidline what to expect. Each situation is planned individually, creating your own package of the things you need/want. You would have to actually speak to one of their planners though to truly answer all of those questions. I seem to recall a resonably cheaper price for just a small vowl renewal type ceremony with a limited number of guests. Knowing that there was no way we could ever afford a full Disney wedding, we often talked about just doing a renewal there for a future anniversary. Of course much could have changed in the last 5 years since I was looking into this stuff.

Wedding vows can be renewed in a number of locations including the Wedding Pavilion. Many couples do their vow renewals and your ceremony can be as simple or as extravagant as you'd like.