View Poll Results: 1 Day. 2 Parks Only. HALP!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Kingdom and Epcot

10 32.26%
  • Magic Kingdom and Disney's MGM Studios

5 16.13%
  • Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom

1 3.23%
  • Epcot and Disney's MGM Studios

2 6.45%
  • Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom

13 41.94%
  • Disney's MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Cool First Trip To Disney World: One Day, 2 Park Hopper, 4 Parks, HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a DLR fanatic. I am obsessed. I will be going to Orlando for STN (Student Televised Network Convention). The first day I am going to DW. I have only 2 parks I can go to, out of 4 of course. In one day, which two parks are the best in your opinion? Any recommendations? Any tips?

Thank you for the help...

-SILVER

• Banned User

Re: First Trip To Disney World: One Day, 2 Park Hopper, 4 Parks, HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HALP"????

Go to EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. The strudios is crapola and the MK is horrible compared to DL.

• Another trip down I-4

Re: First Trip To Disney World: One Day, 2 Park Hopper, 4 Parks, HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to Disneyland all the time, you'll be repeating yourself at Magic Kingdom, and the best attraction at Studios (Tower of Terror) is over at DCA. Go do the things you can't do in California, EPCOT and Animal Kingdom.

Blog Entries

If you're dead set on doing two parks then I'd focus on DHS and DAK, however if you're wanting to see either Epcot or MK then you're shortchanging yourself to try and see more than one park on those days.

So here would be my suggestions.

1 full day at Epcot (would also be cheaper since you wouldn't need the park hopper)

1 day split between DAK and DHS.

As others have said, you'd be covering a lot of familiar territory if you did MK although there are some differences.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Thanks guys

• Banned User

I agree, EPCOT and AK will offer the most attractions that are not available at DLR. However, if you have the time after doing those two parks, try to use your park hopper tickets to zip into the Magic Kingdom before closing time for a ride in the Haunted Mansion. MK's HM is a gem.

AK first then over to Epcot. And you'd better have that day PLANNED out! Know exactly what you want to hit and get your FP's early! At AK head to Expedition Everest first then over to Kilimangaro Safari. If you have time and want to do Dinosaur. The Nemo show and Lion King shows are great but if you are set in seeing two parks, I would pass on those. If you have time do the trails, even if you have to blaze through them. Much of this park is for the eye and it is beautiful!

Spend the majority of the day at Epcot though. Breeze through the first part of the park, but be sure to do Spaceship Earth. Mission Space is pretty cool but I could skip Test Track and the rest, particularly if you go to DL. The Land is old school and I love it - there is never a line so if you do have time to hit it before leaving, it is kinda cool.

I love World Showcase though and this is where you should eat for the day. Morrocco for lunch and Le Cellier for dinner. (Or if you can - head out of Epcot by France and walk to the Beach Club for a great seafood buffet at Cape May! Bonus you get to see a bit of the Beach Club, Yacht Club and the Boardwalk across the way) The World Showcase takes several hours (3-6 at least) and then of course catch Illuminations. If you have time, hit a few rides on the way out.

Good Luck!

DAK in the morning, EPCOT Center the afternoon/evening/night.

Definitely DAK and Epcot.

Hit Kali at DAK too; unless it's hot there won't be a wait.

• Banned User

But do not rush thru the Kali Rapids queue.. as it is one of the nicest themed queues at WDW, 2nd to only the stand by line for Everest.

• Lady & The Tramp

I would love to go to all of them, if I could afford it. =(

• Banned User

Excuse me, but haven't you heard of the "buy 4-days and get 3 days more for free" deal, or is that no longer available?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I say EPCOT and the Studios because they're so close to each other (the boat ride from one park to the other takes about 30 minutes... or you can walk), you can maximize the time spent in the parks.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I vote for Magic Kingdom because Disneyland DOES NOT have Cinderella's Castle and Epcot because well it's Epcot.

Better yet make the day a challenge!

VISIT ALL FOUR. Mark down on a map which attractions from each park you want to see. Go to see something you can only see at those four parks, example, MK's Cinderella's Castle, Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life/Nemo Musical, Epcot's Spaceship Earth, HS' Rockin Roller Coaster, etc. Hit the parks, visit your preplanned attractions and then hightail it through Disney transporation to the other parks. If you don't get to visit all four parks then so what but at least you had one hell of an adventure trying to do all four parks.

A story definitely worth telling for years to come.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 02-03-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

U know I go to Dland every two weeks and been to WDW four times so I say....

Epcot and DAK or...

DHS and DAK

Don't go to the Magic Kingdom. The only thing they have better is HM. Pirates there stinks too ours. Splash Mountain there is overated. Big Thunder is pretty much the same. Space is like matterhorn only dark! MTTC is like a wanna be Toon Town.

Main Street dosn't have the Disney Touch that we still have! It's like a long connecting Emporium!

CINDERELLA'S CASTLE is over rated. TOOO BIG! U can c it like any where in the resort. Very overwhelming in a bad way!!!!!! Not like the warm and Welcoming castle we have here in SoCal!

Also be prepared for corny stage shows like the one in front of the castle where they sing and dream with imagination!

Also the weather is VERY HUMID!!!!!!! Be prepared it's like the twilight zone for us disneylanders!

U no how in the summer at Disneyland where ppl mob the characters. It's like that all the time but 3 times worse!!!!

"Get Goofy!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast