Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Liberty Square vs. New Orleans Square

Wich "Square" do you think is themed better/ fits better with the Magic Kingdom. I know the Imagineers decided to build Libery because New Orleans was really close to Magic Kingdom compared to Disneyland.

Oh and lets say Liberty got a Legend of Sleepy Hollow attrction with a Indiana Jones style Queue area thru the village and school where the movie starts. There would be a Rock n Rollercoaster like pre-show taking place in the party, the screen (like RnR) in the room would show the exact scene w/ headless horseman song. The ride itself would be dark and kind of fast, but well themed, basically you are getting chased by the horseman and escape on the bridge (just like the movie).

would the Sleepy Hollow attraction bring Liberty to victory?

Re: Liberty Square vs. New Orleans Square

I don't like Liberty Square much at all. You kind of just arrive in it when walking around the water from Frontierland without even noticing, and some of the buildings look out-of-scale and just plain ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    I don't like Liberty Square much at all. You kind of just arrive in it when walking around the water from Frontierland without even noticing, and some of the buildings look out-of-scale and just plain ugly.
    Yaeh, for a long time I thought HM was just part of Frontierland. There is no affective transition, one minute your in the Wild Wild West, another your in the Hudson Vally (East).

I think if WDI works out the transition error, and the Sleepy Hollow Ride, we ca have a NOS calliber Square.

..just my opinion

• Banned User

I have never cared much for Liberty Sqaure. Never felt like a land to me.. but more like a passing space between Fantasyland and Frontierland.
    I wish they had incorporated New Orleans Square inbetween Adventureland and frontierland, and placed frontierland next to Fantasyland. Oh well.. no point to argue this much since the damage has been done already.

• King of Los Angeles

THE MK will never compare to disneyland in theme or cohesiveness. That said, it's a good thing WDW has better secondary parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    THE MK will never compare to disneyland in theme or cohesiveness. That said, it's a good thing WDW has better secondary parks.
    A nominate this as the best quote of the day so far today.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I wish they had incorporated New Orleans Square inbetween Adventureland and frontierland
    theres still room, and pirates could join NOS

the only downside, no ROA. and Masion is Liberty

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    theres still room, and pirates could join NOS

the only downside, no ROA. and Masion is Liberty
    Oh.. I forgot. The dreade spot where Pluto got run over by the Princess float.
    Well, that space has been somewhat reduced a bit since they have added a small counter service eatery there with small outdoor seating, called the Oak Outpost or something like that.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I LOVE NOS, but I really like LS, too. Especially in the old days when the merchandise was unique and there wasn't a character breakfast in the Liberty Tree Inn.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

I disagree, I really enjoy Liberty Square and think that it is properly themed and the transition from Frontierland is adequate. I love the Liberty Tree which often gets overlooked (maybe because not many young visitors to the park have ever seen the great Disney Film Johny Tremain). The Liberty Tree Tavern and Hall of Presidents all give Liberty Square a nice theme although I wish the land was expanded with other attractions.

• Delawarean Girl

I like New Orleans Square better. Better places to eat and better rides.

• We Go On.

I like NOS better, but Liberty Square is just better for WDW because it's original. Isn't non-originality what most people are complaining about these days?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I definitely prefer New Orleans Square but there's a lot of reasons for that, and none of which is because it's a better idea. It's all in execution.

Walt Disney World just has too many ideas that are far too similar. Tomorrowland has lost its identity to Future World. Animal Kingdom is a massive Adventureland. Liberty Square is practically an Epcot World Showcase. Heck, Hall of Presidents might be better served over there anyway.

Liberty Square is a nice little area but I just don't think it has a strong enough reason to be in a Magic Kingdom Park. It was an afterthought (Edison Square) that was given the full land treatment. I don't think they should tear it out now, but theye need to find something else for it though. Haunted Mansion certainly doesn't feel like it's a part of the land to me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

NOS!!!! It's better for so many reasons!!!!!!!

The only reason ppl go to Liberty Square is for the HM (wich is the only attraction at WDW that I think is better)

They can do so much more with the theme. like
    Oh and lets say Liberty got a Legend of Sleepy Hollow attrction with a Indiana Jones style Queue area thru the village and school where the movie starts. There would be a Rock n Rollercoaster like pre-show taking place in the party, the screen (like RnR) in the room would show the exact scene w/ headless horseman song. The ride itself would be dark and kind of fast, but well themed, basically you are getting chased by the horseman and escape on the bridge (just like the movie).
    or a Hudson Valley steakhouse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast