Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will DHS get World of Color?

Does anyone think down the road DHS will get World of Color to replace F! ?

Re: Will DHS get World of Color?

Nope. I don't really think a WoC-style show would fill the amphitheater on a nightly basis the way Fantasmic! does.

• Banned User

Really? They are tourists. What do they know? Put a monkey playing with a stick and tourists will still show up at the theater.
    However, I can tell you this much. Tokyo DisneySea will get "World of Color" in 2011, replacing "BraviSEAmo!"

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Really? They are tourists. What do they know? Put a monkey playing with a stick and tourists will still show up at the theater.
    However, I can tell you this much. Tokyo DisneySea will get "World of Color" in 2011, replacing "BraviSEAmo!"
    ow i think that will be nice..
    just do what you think...

• Banned User

I however think that DAK could benefit from World of Color.. they have a small pond there by Everest.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I hope not, I would hope Fantasmic would get a revamp with new scenes and effects but of course in this economy we won't get that for some time.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

WDW doesn't NEED World of Color. DCA does.

Magic Kingdom has Fireworks and nighttime parades.

Disney Hollywood Studios has Fantasmic! (i'm not shouting).

Epcot has Illuminations.

Animal Kingdom has early closure.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    WDW doesn't NEED World of Color. DCA does.

Magic Kingdom has Fireworks and nighttime parades.

Disney Hollywood Studios has Fantasmic! (i'm not shouting).

Epcot has Illuminations.

Animal Kingdom has early closure.

I agree, Coheteboy. Glad everyone loves the early descriptions of our show enough that they are anxiously hoping for one just like it.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

Now now dear TDL. I'm a tourist when I go to WDW and I wouldn't be interested in seeing a monkey play with a stick. Actually, it's hard to get me to see DHS' Fantasmic!, but that's another story.

But to answer the original question, who knows? Let's wait and see what the show's all about and looks like first.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RonNYC View Post
    Now now dear TDL. I'm a tourist when I go to WDW and I wouldn't be interested in seeing a monkey play with a stick. Actually, it's hard to get me to see DHS' Fantasmic!, but that's another story.
    Actually, I was playing the part of a WDW Manager when I made that statement in character. The management there feels that because the majority of guests at WDW are "tourists", they do not know any better. THAT is the point I was trying to make: management knows there is a standard but try to deliver it the cheapest possible way, whereas the other DL parks are offering similar offerings with a very noticeable higher level of quality.
    But you Ron.. my dear dear lovable hunky friend.. you are NO average tourist at WDW as you fit the lower guest percentage of "Disney Fans from outside of town, who come here regularly and know better". Sadly, you are outnumbered by the very infrequent tourists who do not give a **** about Disney and would not know what Fantasmic! is all about. Those are the tourists WDW management banks on when making decisions.

No, I do not think it will replace Fantasmic! at DHS. Animal Kingdom Park would be cool, though thematically there could be some issues. In one my biggest wish lists, and I know Disney would never do it... but I would love to see something on the scale of the Disney's World of Color off the shores of..... DownTown Disney. Yep. Plenty of water there. They've already proved they can stage massive firework shows there so with some ingenuity, I am sure they can pull of a show like this too. They closed Pleasure Island for a "Bold new Vision".... That at best was really plan but fell apart due to the economy but more likely was really just an excuse to close and try to Sell to third party vendors. Well, I think that would definitely be a Bold new vision for Disney. Putting a show on that kind of scale where admission AND parking are free..... now that IS bold and new ground for Disney. Banking on the revenues the show will generate in the restaurants and stores. Believe it or not, its not a far out there as you might think. The reason why Illuminations has the budget it has is it keep World Showcase Busy at night. It keeps WS registers at the stores, out door food venues, and the restaurants happy. World Showcase is wonderful, but it would suffer a huge attendance decline if it did not have Illuminations. Re-apply that logic to DTD. Terrace the shore line, reconstruct PI so that restaurant could be newly built with viewing this show in mind. Now maybe you will be more tempting for those new high concept dinning establishments you were trying to attract.... City Walk or water front viewing of Disney's World of Color at DTD? I'm betting Disney would be able to charge a premium for the real estate, and that restaurant would be able to do the same during show time dinner hours.... and you see how the show, though technically free, begins to pay for itself.

Just a thought. One can dream right?

Blog Entries

I've seen Fantasmic at DHS once and have no desire to ever do so again, at least unless they upgrade it. The water screens were very disappointing and the show just had no real emotion to me whatsoever. Add in the 5 competing brazillian tour groups we had to deal with competing with one another for the hour before the show and that's a hell I don't ever really want to deal with again.

• Minion

The average tourist to WDW may not have quite the standards of locals at most of the other resorts...but I still don't think a fountain show would have the same popularity that Fantasmic does.

On the other hand a WOC-variant for AK does sound like a good idea...the park needs a nighttime show that makes less noise (so as not to upset all the critters)...so a fountain show may be the right solution.
    Down with the Hat

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Instead of replacing Fantasmic!, they should replace Illuminations. That show is a snoozer.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    The average tourist to WDW may not have quite the standards of locals at most of the other resorts...but I still don't think a fountain show would have the same popularity that Fantasmic does.

On the other hand a WOC-variant for AK does sound like a good idea...the park needs a nighttime show that makes less noise (so as not to upset all the critters)...so a fountain show may be the right solution.
    I am sure the average non-routine tourist to WDW have the same standards, but most definitely, do not have the same knowledge of the product and how to tackle it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast