Visiting in September or October

I'm hoping that my family and I can take a week long trip to WDW sometime in September or October. I was wondering when everyone thinks is the best time to do that. We're pretty much open to any week. We're looking for the least crowded time and hopefully the cheapest too. Thanks for any advice

Julie

Re: Visiting in September or October

Oh...we'd also like to go when the weather is a little more comfortable. Last year, we went the first week of June and I thought I was going to melt. Ughh. We'd like to go at a cooler time.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I've been during both September and October weeks in the previous years and I have to admit that October is cooler and more fun, especially since it is during the month of Halloween. I just find it more fun to celebrate the Halloween parties during the month they should be happening. But of course if September proves to be a better option then by all means travel in September.

Consider this, both months should be about the same rate when booking but October is alot more fun to stay whereas September is more so the rest period after the summer months and the start of all the fall/winter/holiday park parties/decorations.

I know that in September the Halloween parties do start early so whether you go during Sept or Oct Halloween decorations will be up at the Magic Kingdom. If you're not a fan of Halloween then maybe these months are not your best bet. Halloween will be all over the MK, not so much the other 3 theme parks.

• Too far from Disney World

We've been the last two years in September and it is still in the 80's and 90's. I enjoy the heat, but I know it makes my boyfriend really uncomfortable.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Banned User

Yeah, we went last September, during the first two weeks and it was humid as all get out. It doesn't help that I'm extremely hot natured. However, the crowds were very low. The longest we waited for any ride at the MK was 10 minutes for Peter Pan.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

I live here and would suggest October. September can still be deadly hot here. The hot weather can continue into October, but the odds are more in your favor that it may be cooler.

• Disneyholic

September can be hot, but it's also in the Value Season so it could save you a bit of money there as well. Regular season Starts October 1st so if you book a trip prior to that (say Sept 30th as first night) you will get the lower rate for the duration of your stay. (The "season" you visit WDW can make a huge difference in price, as can the codes you use to book the trip, you can save hundreds of dollars or more in some situations)

We usually go the first week of October since it's my Daughter's Birthday and we love MNSSHP which before they extended it into September last year would usually have it's first event that week. It's often warm, humid and rainy some days but it's not as bad as July/August, the parks are still open later, and the crowds are usually lighter as well. Take a light jacket because it can get cool there as well in October somtimes and it seems like the windbreakers at WDW are all in the $45-50 range when you need one.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...