Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walt Disney World and Disneyland Posters

Ok I asked this on another site but thought Id try here on Micechat as well, Sorry if this should be posted somewhere else here on Micechat.
    Where can I purchase the posters that are in WDW MK and Disneylands entrance? They are of the attractions, extinct and new? Such as the People Mover, Space Mountain, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, ETC.
    I do remember also, there were some posters in the exit of the old Delta Dreamflight attraction in WDWs Tomorrowland of Fantillusion from TDL. Amazing some of the things I can remember haha. Would love to have that! and if there is one of the Main Street Electrical Parade and SpectroMagic, and TDLs Dreamlights :-) Would be sweet to have Posters of all the light parades! If they exist.
    I am not sure if Disney has crated posters of Every single attraction, parades, events etc. Even things like Past Anniversary's like WDWs 25th, Millennium Celebration, lol I could go on and on. Not talking about anything Fan made.

Thanks for the help.

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Walt Disney World and Disneyland Posters

I've seen them in the Art of Disney stores throughout the parks.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Disneyholic

The classic posters can be purchased at art of Disney and probably via the WDW merchandise line. Just call them up at (407) 363-6200 describe which ones your interested in, give them your credit card info and they will directly ship it to your home. Nice thing here is if you are outside of Florida there's no sales tax on the order but they eat that and more with the shipping.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Actually, since your location is NYC, I would also check the World of Disney on 5th and 55th. I know they sold a few at some point, and they have the print on demand service by the exit to the character room, so it might be a place to find some of them.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Ok Thanks! But does anyone know if there are posters available of the parades I mentioned like Fantillusion, SpectroMagic, Main Street Electrical Parade, Dreamlights? I have only seen several attraction posters although I do remember seeing a Fantillusion poster WAY back in the Delta Dreamflight exit area.

Would be nice to know what there is available so I can just call up Merchandising and tell them what I would like.

• Mostly Harmless.

I can't remember if I saw an Electrical Parade one or if I am just remembering way back to when I saw the parade last. And now I have the tine stuck in my head...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by etwtec View Post
    Ok Thanks! But does anyone know if there are posters available of the parades I mentioned like Fantillusion, SpectroMagic, Main Street Electrical Parade, Dreamlights? I have only seen several attraction posters although I do remember seeing a Fantillusion poster WAY back in the Delta Dreamflight exit area.

Would be nice to know what there is available so I can just call up Merchandising and tell them what I would like.
    Well they may or may not, but Merchandising would be the first call I would make, ask if they can view the print on demand and if not ask if they could transfer you to the art of Disney stores they might be able to tell you.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Well they may or may not, but Merchandising would be the first call I would make, ask if they can view the print on demand and if not ask if they could transfer you to the art of Disney stores they might be able to tell you.
    OOOH! I found them on lone once... Lemme see if I can again!

• Mostly Harmless.

ok Belay my last... I did Find a Main Street Electrical Parade DVD on Ebay...

Thanks, Yeah I just sent Merchandising a email, figured that would be easier than trying to explain everything I am looking for over the phone. I'll see what they say.
    As far as the Tokyo Disneyland ones I would probably have to find those online somewhere as I doubt WDW or DL would carry any of their posters.

• Banned User

By posters.. are you talking about the attraction posters that are usually on exhibit as you enter the parks? If so, artwork from those posters is pretty hard to find, and as far as I know.. hardly anything has been offered in retail by Disney. But some of that has been sold before at the Art of Disney... just not sure how limited that type of merchandise is.. Also, keep in mind.. each DL park and 2nd gate do feature their own specially designed attraction posters and such, even for attractions that are cloned. No two posters for an attraction found in several parks is identical.

Plus you are correct. Most (if not all) of what is done at Tokyo Disney Resort is not available here at WDW. Likewise for Hong Kong Disneyland stuff. TDR merchandise is pretty unique to that park and you will not find it in the other parks in the World.. Paris and Hong Kong do have exclusive merchandise of their own as well.. but you can still find some of the same merchandise sold at other parks. Example: HKDL sold Tree of Life teeshirts, but featuring the HKDL name rather than DAK's. One of the problems I have with DL and WDW is the commonality of their merchandise, which oftentimes are the same artwork and designs with just a slight variation or featuring the respective park where it is being sold. Check out the "celebrate today" merchandise at WDW and DLR and you will see. Furthermore, I do not care much for the "Disney Parks" merchandise which is as generic as can get.

Going back to Tokyo Disney resort.. currently, there is a variation of those attraction posters at Tokyo Disneyland for sale but not in poster form.. but rather as postcards or plastic folder.. and only limited to Fantasyland attractions. Also, the new musical cd boxed set "Dreams" comes with a park artwork coffee table magazine that features some of those attraction posters in it. But that CD set will set you back about $329. In 2003, and there was a "The TDR Story" limited edition magazine collection on sale that offered over 20 different attraction poster reproductions for TDL and TDS. This is the only time I have seen those poster reproductions being available on retail so readily.. but to find those magazines now would be very very very hard. (I do have the entire collection in mint condition ) As for special event stuff.. Tokyo again is ahead of the pack. Most special event, parades, or shows, DO get a line of merchandise unique to those events etc. Currently, the Grand Finale "Dream Goes On" stuff is on sale featuring the artwork for the event. As in previous months or years.. TDR has released postcards and other merchandise featuring the official logo artwork from many events from the past, including Fantillusion!, Dreamlights, and other events like anniversaries, or special events... like those for Halloween and Xmas. Posters perse are hard to find at TDR but when they do sell them, I try my best to pick them up. The last one I had framed was the 20th anniversary artwork featuring Mickey as seen in the previous 5th, 10th, and 15th anniversary events from Tokyo. That is all special merchandise and very hard to find now.

If you do find any of this stuff on sale, on ebay or even from Disney, I personally would love to know, so keep us posted on your search.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-08-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: added info, corrected some typos..

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    By posters.. are you talking about the attraction posters that are usually on exhibit as you enter the parks? If so, artwork from those posters is pretty hard to find, and as far as I know.. hardly anything has been offered in retail by Disney. But some of that has been sold before at the Art of Disney... just not sure how limited that type of merchandise is..
    The Art of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace has several attraction posters available for purchase in a choice of sizes and paper. I am not sure if you can get the same size as found at the entrance, but they do come in poster sizes.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Art of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace has several attraction posters available for purchase in a choice of sizes and paper. I am not sure if you can get the same size as found at the entrance, but they do come in poster sizes.
    That is good to know, and will have to check the stores in the future.. However, they do not sell anything from the foreign parks and that is a pitty.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That is good to know, and will have to check the stores in the future.. However, they do not sell anything from the foreign parks and that is a pitty.

You may be right but I could have sworn I saw some items from Paris DL in the print on demand kiosk last time I looked at it. They have an awful lot in there when you start digging deep into the sub menus or they used to but they might have locked it down since then...

• Minion

Don't know bout WDW but at Disneyland in CA there two shops, one on main street and one in WoD storein DtD.

You there pick what poster you want, (they have lots, current and vintage)

Then pick what size you want (iyt can be bigger or smaller than the origanals)

Then they print it and mail it to your room at DLR or they call you or u can mail it to yourselfor to someone else as a gift.

The prices or pretty expensive i think.

They used to sell preprinted ones in the gallery b4 it closed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast