Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Test Track to close?

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Didn't the closing of Wonders of Life Pavilion also have to do with a prolonged serious lack of attendance? I wouldn't be surprised if Innoventions also closed if no sponsors were paying Disney any money for the space.
    Well, we had 3 new exhibits added last year. Raytheon just came on board and will open an exhibit later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by sarki7 View Post
    Now why would you think a simple thing like the truth would stop rampant speculation?
    Yeah that would take all the fun out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Spaceship Earth is sitting in Epcot as a testament to how powerful an attraction's sponsor really can be over the attraction and its content. Test Track may not be closing, but the sponsor issues could cause a lot of huge changes to the attraction.

IMO, that's a positive. Test Track is the Indy of Epcot. It brings in crowds while never operating at 100%, and routinely having painfully obvious malfunctions in show content and effects. If a change in sponsor can help correct this, then I'm all for it.
    I agree with you but I for one would rather see an operations model that ran 100% without any sponsorship, then Disney could re-invest the sponsorship money into future development. That way it would not matter as much when sponsors decide not to continue on. My reasoning is that Disney is big enough that they could baseline on that sort of operating model, raise the standards everywhere in their parks, resorts, and entertainment offerings, which in turn would attract more sponsorship from companies who want to be associated with the quality products that Disney produces. Right now the perception is backwards, that Disney only produces quality products as long as they can get someone else to pay for it, and that hurts the company and the Disney brand in both the near and long term.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Well, we had 3 new exhibits added last year. Raytheon just came on board and will open an exhibit later this year.
    True, plus the new KP adventure this year. But where is Raytheon setting up? Are they just doing an Innoventions section or are they sponsoring a whole pavilion? I'm curious as I only know of them as a defense contractor who happened to invent the microwave oven by melting a candy bar in the radar lab accidentally one day.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    True, plus the new KP adventure this year. But where is Raytheon setting up? Are they just doing an Innoventions section or are they sponsoring a whole pavilion? I'm curious as I only know of them as a defense contractor who happened to invent the microwave oven by melting a candy bar in the radar lab accidentally one day.
    Here is the press release:
    Raytheon to Launch 'The Sum of All Thrills' at Epcot in 2009 - Feb 09, 2009

Raytheon is also opening a game center within Shades of Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Engine Co 71

From the sounds of that press release it sounds like an attraction for those who are still in school and want to "learn" while on vacation. Not downing the idea but I would rather spend my time on the rides.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxalarm View Post
    From the sounds of that press release it sounds like an attraction for those who are still in school and want to "learn" while on vacation. Not downing the idea but I would rather spend my time on the rides.
    EPCOT is supposed to be base around "edutainment" anyways...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I would put my money on Test Track morphing into a "lite" version of Radiator Springs Racers. This would fit two trends - 1) pixarification and 2) WDW getting watered down versions of DL attractions.
    Noooo more Pixar attractions. Or clones. Epcot needs to get back to its roots as a park themed to progress and the promise of humanity. At least Seas and Soarin are relevant to the ideas of the wonders of the ocean and the wonders of the Earth (even if just California), respectively. But what does Cars have to do with anything???

Quote Originally Posted by sarki7 View Post
    "Under-themed"? Really? I sounds more like you don't like the theme (which is fine). But I think it's safe to say the theme is pretty well executed. You even suggest that real test facilities may be like that.
    But just because a theme is well executed doesn't mean it's appropriate. Look at Dino-Rama - it's exactly like a tacky roadside carny. But why would you want a tacky roadside carny at WDW? You could say the same for an automobile warehouse.

Off-topic, but couldn't they integrate dioramas of transportation into the first part of TT like World of Motion, and then race around the track as the exciting finale? Sort of the best of both attractions, the theme of WoM and the thrills of TT

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Noooo more Pixar attractions. Or clones. Epcot needs to get back to its roots as a park themed to progress and the promise of humanity. At least Seas and Soarin are relevant to the ideas of the wonders of the ocean and the wonders of the Earth (even if just California), respectively. But what does Cars have to do with anything???

But just because a theme is well executed doesn't mean it's appropriate. Look at Dino-Rama - it's exactly like a tacky roadside carny. But why would you want a tacky roadside carny at WDW? You could say the same for an automobile warehouse.

Off-topic, but couldn't they integrate dioramas of transportation into the first part of TT like World of Motion, and then race around the track as the exciting finale? Sort of the best of both attractions, the theme of WoM and the thrills of TT
    I have to agree. A Radiator Springs Racers replacement would be a huge no-no. The theme of that ride itself would not fit ANWHERE in Epcot. It's a bummer to see Test Track go as I only got to ride it once. Dont ever recalled ever riding World of Motion but your idea of combining TT thrills sounds like a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    It's a bummer to see Test Track go as I only got to ride it once.
    Again, I'm not sure why people are taking this rumor so seriously. I wouldn't worry about it. We probably won't see minor changes for a while, let alone a complete overhaul/retheme.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I didn't say that - all I said was that just because it's inappropriate doesn't mean it's not well executed.
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234