Disney World Pictures of The American Idol Experience

Hi Everyone,

I had a chance to attend The American Idol Experience at the Disney Hollywood Studios on Saturday, February 7, 2009. Overall it was fun - although not, in my opinion, an 'super' attraction. I do recommend that you check it out.

Here are some pictures from the show:

Fans enjoy the pre-show at The American Idol Experience

Neon logo for The American Idol Experience

Main stage for The American Idol Experience

Warm up comedian in The American Idol Experience

Main stage full of color and light in The American Idol Experience

Host with gold light in The American Idol Experience

Judges in The American Idol Experience

Finalist guest performers with host in front of camera man in The American Idol Experience

Daily winner enjoys confetti in The American Idol Experience

You can see more pictures on the WDWmemories.com web site, starting here:

Free high resolution pictures Disney World - Hollywood Studios - Echo Lake - The American Idol experience with large screen

Enjoy!
    Check out my free high resolution Disney World pictures and Disney World Vacation site.

• Disneyholic

Re: Disney World Pictures of The American Idol Experience

See now I'm confused, I was told by a CM that you where not allowed to take photos of the set and all unless it was a family member on stage... Something to do with the Licensing agreement. Have they changed the policy?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Leave it to Disney to find the next big thing in Live Entertainment. The American Idol Experience is a whole season of American Idol, compacted into 8 shows in one day; 7 preliminary shows, and one grand finale show that throws the 7 winners from throughout the day on stage to face off for a Dream Ticket. The Dream ticket allows the winner from each day to skip the actual American Idol Audition line.

On my recent trip to Hollywood Studios, I went for the entire experience and saw all 8 shows and was not disappointed at all. I am a HUGE American Idol fan; I’ve seen every episode of every season. I’ve even been fortunate enough to see a live taping in Los Angeles. The production value of Disney’s version is just… well, better. Disney brings the magic of what we see on television to real life.

The cast of this show is outstanding. I was fortunate enough to see more than one actor for each role on stage. When it came to the judges, there were three that stood out. The “Randy Jackson” was spot on for what we expect. Although he certainly resembled Jackson from afar, he was far from an impersonator and really brought his own style to the table. The “Paula Abdul” was actually entertaining! She had the crowd ROLLING with each of her unpredictable critiques. From her crazy blonde hair to her quirky attitude, I couldn’t wait to hear what she had to say next. The Australian version of “Simon Cowell” had the entire crowd laughing before he even opened his mouth. He was brutally honest, yet there was still something we just loved about him. He forced you to decide whether to “boo” or laugh after he spoke, and chances are, you did both at once! Now The Walt Disney World Company is known for finding diamonds when it comes to up and coming stars, and they have succeeded yet again with their judge panel, but hopefully when you get to experience this show, you’ll be guided along by their host who is a more charming, wittier cross between Ryan Seacrest and Tom Hanks (I kept hearing a group of girls refer to him as “Sexy Seacrest” after the show). He made each audience member feel like he was talking to them, in a crowd of thousand. I felt really safe that if anything went wrong, or if a contestant wasn’t the greatest singer, there wouldn’t be awkwardness on stage. He was the “star” of the show, making people laugh throughout, yet he would modestly step down and make the guest performers shine the brightest.

The amazing production value from start to finish makes this attraction a must see. Disney once again brings the magic as they transforms everyday guests into pop stars.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    See now I'm confused, I was told by a CM that you where not allowed to take photos of the set and all unless it was a family member on stage... Something to do with the Licensing agreement. Have they changed the policy?
    Back in February, I took photos also - there were no rules given except no flash photography and video. Then I put the American Idol press event photos I took up too.

I am guessing it's still "no video, no flash", I think that was what was said the last time I went.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by depper View Post
    Leave it to Disney to find the next big thing in Live Entertainment. The American Idol Experience is a whole season of American Idol, compacted into 8 shows in one day; 7 preliminary shows, and one grand finale show that throws the 7 winners from throughout the day on stage to face off for a Dream Ticket. The Dream ticket allows the winner from each day to skip the actual American Idol Audition line.

On my recent trip to Hollywood Studios, I went for the entire experience and saw all 8 shows and was not disappointed at all. I am a HUGE American Idol fan; I’ve seen every episode of every season. I’ve even been fortunate enough to see a live taping in Los Angeles. The production value of Disney’s version is just… well, better. Disney brings the magic of what we see on television to real life.

The cast of this show is outstanding. I was fortunate enough to see more than one actor for each role on stage. When it came to the judges, there were three that stood out. The “Randy Jackson” was spot on for what we expect. Although he certainly resembled Jackson from afar, he was far from an impersonator and really brought his own style to the table. The “Paula Abdul” was actually entertaining! She had the crowd ROLLING with each of her unpredictable critiques. From her crazy blonde hair to her quirky attitude, I couldn’t wait to hear what she had to say next. The Australian version of “Simon Cowell” had the entire crowd laughing before he even opened his mouth. He was brutally honest, yet there was still something we just loved about him. He forced you to decide whether to “boo” or laugh after he spoke, and chances are, you did both at once! Now The Walt Disney World Company is known for finding diamonds when it comes to up and coming stars, and they have succeeded yet again with their judge panel, but hopefully when you get to experience this show, you’ll be guided along by their host who is a more charming, wittier cross between Ryan Seacrest and Tom Hanks (I kept hearing a group of girls refer to him as “Sexy Seacrest” after the show). He made each audience member feel like he was talking to them, in a crowd of thousand. I felt really safe that if anything went wrong, or if a contestant wasn’t the greatest singer, there wouldn’t be awkwardness on stage. He was the “star” of the show, making people laugh throughout, yet he would modestly step down and make the guest performers shine the brightest.

The amazing production value from start to finish makes this attraction a must see. Disney once again brings the magic as they transforms everyday guests into pop stars.
    Ah ... the Sue Holland of Idol fans.

While the show plesantly surprised me, I wouldn't go off the deep end with praise either.

I just believe most people visit WDW for things other than glorified kareoke contests, no matter how well done.

Since you sat through eight shows in one day (I'll resist the OCD comments since there are folks who go ride Space Mountain 11 times in one day too!), I'll just go out on a real short limb that you're the exception ... or you work for the WDW Social Media Department.

~That Simon wannabe was really too much~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDWmemories View Post
    Is that SummerInFl in the middle???