• Disappearing/Reappearing

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

hello everyone! We are looking at going to WDW in Sept. (Thanks Jerren!) We will be celebrating our anniversary, hubby's return from Iraq, and our daughter's bday. Because of this...I was looking into getting our daughter (6) a reservation at BBB. She just got into this girly stuff, after never being interested before. But, I really know nothing about the place. I know they dress up the girls, do their nails, hair, makeup. Jerren told me a little about it, I'd like to know lots more, though.

I'd like to know the packages...prices....and any tips you want to share. Also, can they wear their own princess costume, or do you have to buy one there? Do they really take their time and do a decent job? Do you get to pick the hairstyle? Can you pick out the color nail polish?

We did something similar last year for her bday...went to a little girls salon and had her hair, makeup and nails done. She loved it. So, I think this would be a great surprise.

Thanks for everything!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

BBB princess makeover salons are at two different locations at WDW ..MK's Cinderella Castle, and World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney.

You have a choice of three different hairstyles ..Fairytail Princess, Pop Princess, and Disney Diva. There are three makeover packages as follows -
    • Coach Package includes hairstyling and shimmering makeup — starting at $49.95 plus tax.
    • Crown Package includes hairstyling, shimmering makeup and nails — starting at $54.95 plus tax.
    • Castle Package includes the Crown Package plus the Imaging Package (one 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed photo holder) and complete costume of your choice with accessories — starting at $189.95 plus tax.
    Accessories include items such as ponytail hairpieces and tiaras. The number to call for more information, as well as for reservations is 407-939-7895.

You and your daughter are going to have all kinds of fun. I wanna see pictures!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    hello everyone! We are looking at going to WDW in Sept. (Thanks Jerren!) We will be celebrating our anniversary, hubby's return from Iraq, and our daughter's bday. Because of this...I was looking into getting our daughter (6) a reservation at BBB. She just got into this girly stuff, after never being interested before. But, I really know nothing about the place. I know they dress up the girls, do their nails, hair, makeup. Jerren told me a little about it, I'd like to know lots more, though.

I'd like to know the packages...prices....and any tips you want to share. Also, can they wear their own princess costume, or do you have to buy one there? Do they really take their time and do a decent job? Do you get to pick the hairstyle? Can you pick out the color nail polish?

We did something similar last year for her bday...went to a little girls salon and had her hair, makeup and nails done. She loved it. So, I think this would be a great surprise.

Thanks for everything!

My Pleasure Stitchy! I have a stack of brochures for the BBB from last trip down, I'll pop one in the mail for you. But RideWarrior's description is accurate.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Just prepare to wash the kiddo's hair about 10 times to get all the glitter & hairspray out.

ugh. I know! Jerren has already warned me that the stuff is glue! I am NOT looking forward to that. But, it's an early bday present...so, sometimes you take one for the team....er.....kid in this case.

• Can't get enough!

Here is what I wrote on our experience from a year ago...
    So my daughter did the Crown Package at BBB this past week and here is the transformation. I know she looks like it’s torture but she really loved it…
    Getting her paperwork personalized with their names

Getting that hair up…she chose the Disney Diva hair do…

After the hair piece was put on…

Getting the make up on…

Getting the nails painted…

Getting the sparkles….

All finished…

When you are done they give you the make up and nail polish and the face jewels they don’t use. It was fun and really makes the girls feel special!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

thanks for posting that.....or, reposting it.

I think my daughter will like it. She saw the little girls in the park last year and said she wanted to do it, but we didn't have a reservation. That's what prompted me to take her to a little girl's salon for her birthday. I asked her if she wanted to do this when we go, and she didn't really answer; except to say that she didn't remember seeing the little girls. So, I think I'll make a reservation for the second day we are at the MK, that way...she can see the little girls walking around all dressed up on ur first day. If she wants to do it, we have a reservation. If not...we can cancel.

• Can't get enough!

I think my daughter will like it. She saw the little girls in the park last year and said she wanted to do it, but we didn't have a reservation. That's what prompted me to take her to a little girl's salon for her birthday. I asked her if she wanted to do this when we go, and she didn't really answer; except to say that she didn't remember seeing the little girls. So, I think I'll make a reservation for the second day we are at the MK, that way...she can see the little girls walking around all dressed up on ur first day. If she wants to do it, we have a reservation. If not...we can cancel.
    That sounds like a good plan!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I guess they still make AquaNet.

• Iron-Clad Allie

You are such a thoughtful mother, Stitchy. Regardless of whether she decides to go to BBB or not, I'm certain that the two of you will have memories of your vacation to last a lifetime.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Did BBB in 2007 and our (at the time) 8 and 6 year old girls loved it! One thing to keep in mind is your daughter will likely get extra attention from both Guests and CM's as she wanders through the parks in costume. If your daughter is shy, she might not like that. Ours, of course, totally ate up the extra attention.

Last edited by Pacha; 02-17-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: To use smaller images. Bad Pacha! Internet courtesy, Pacha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You are such a thoughtful mother, Stitchy. Regardless of whether she decides to go to BBB or not, I'm certain that the two of you will have memories of your vacation to last a lifetime.
    aw, thank you RW. Me and hubby always try to do special things for her. We were originally planning our trip during her birthday...but, decided to go earlier. We are now going the week of our tenth anniversary...first, I asked her blessing to move the vacation. She said it didn't bother her...I know she was just happy at the thought of going 3 months earlier. So, since plans were changed..I wanted to do something special to honor her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Did BBB in 2007 and our (at the time) 8 and 6 year old girls loved it! One thing to keep in mind is your daughter will likely get extra attention from both Guests and CM's as she wanders through the parks in costume. If your daughter is shy, she might not like that. Ours, of course, totally ate up the extra attention.
    You're daughters are adorable!! Our daughter is totally NOT shy. I know she would LOVE that attention!

• Minion

Thank you, Stitchy! Hope you all have a great time at WDW and BBB.

• My girls: Ariel & Aurora

Here's my initial report of the BBB experience (at Cinderella's Castle in WDW) in 2007 (a brief blurb with just a couple of pics)...
    What are your favorite WDW Memories of 2007?

We chose the Castle Package for my princess and she loved it - loved the attention especially that she got all day long!

From what I can tell, you don't have to buy the costumes from them. You can show up in one and just have the face make-up and hair package if you wish.

The photoshoot that comes with the Castle Package was a really kewl experience as it's done at a different location then at the BBB shop. (The name of the place escapes me right now though)

Anyway, no matter what you choose to do - I think it's a wonderful thing to have done and a memory your daughter will have forever!

Here are a few pics that capture the process of the total makeover...

Her ensemble BEFORE the hair/makeup makeover portion...

And then at the photoshoot...

I hope that helps some... Good luck in whatever you choose to do!
    - Dolores in PA, Mother of Two Disney Princesses

"Why is the Rum gone?"

Is it November 23, 2013 yet?

Our last visit was in November 2011

~ Our next family vacation is during Thanksgiving week 2013 ~
    November 23, 2013 - December 1, 2013

"Just make believe youíre a tiny little seed,
    a tiny little seed thatís reaching up to meet your need.
    With the right amount of faith and the right amount of earth
    youíll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth.
    Letís listen to the land we all love.
    Natureís plan will shine above.
    Listen to the land, listen to the land."