• Disappearing/Reappearing

Turkey Leg Question!

This may be the strangest question I have asked in a while. But! I'm asking on behalf of my husband. We were talking about our upcoming trip...and he started daydreaming about the turkey legs you find in MK. You see; he LOVES those turkey legs. That's usually his first stop once we hit the gates of the MK. So, he was saying that when we get there...he's getting one for each hand. After I stopped laughing he wondered outloud where they get such HUGE turkey legs...and how exactly they cook them. He's convinced they put something special on them. I said I had NO clue, but would put the question out there and we'd see if anyone knew anything.

There ya go. My husband wants to know if the turkey legs are "made" esp for WDW. What's on them...and how exactly do they cook them. Thanks guys!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Turkey Leg Question!

I saw turkey legs at the state fair today that were as big as the ones at WDW. There's obviously a company that supplies these things.

that's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if it supplied only to WDW.

Hubby said maybe they are the casualties from Ak.

Disneyland has the same, so I assume they would be WDW's supplier as well.

You should see the ones at Tokyo Disneyland, they are like little chicken drumsticks in comparison.

This is the most info I have ever seen/heard about them before. I remember this segment from a special edition of "Unwrapped" that aired on food network a while back, which was all about WDW.
    YouTube - Walt Disney World - Frontierland Turkey Leg

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    This is the most info I have ever seen/heard about them before. I remember this segment from a special edition of "Unwrapped" that aired on food network a while back, which was all about WDW.
    YouTube - Walt Disney World - Frontierland Turkey Leg
    oh my gosh! What a great find! That is perfect! That answers ALL his questions! I can't wait to send this to him. I hope he can watch it. Thanks!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly
    You should see the ones at Tokyo Disneyland, they are like little chicken drumsticks in comparison.
    That's why it's not called a turkey leg there, but chicken. There is a bit of a difference between the size of a chicken leg & a turkey leg.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Are you serious? I never even looked at the sign.

EDIT: I just saw one of my videos, the cart says turkey legs. They're just small cause everything is small there in terms of portions.

• Mostly Harmless.

Pizzapants has a theory on the Turkey Legs that's pretty good. Now if we could just get him on here to tell us...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Are you serious? I never even looked at the sign.

EDIT: I just saw one of my videos, the cart says turkey legs. They're just small cause everything is small there in terms of portions.
    Did you go to Tokyo Disneyland and film that video? I'm pretty sure the chicken legs I bought twice from the ODV cart in Adventureland adjacent to Western River Railroad & Jungle Cruise were chicken & said chicken on the cart. To be fair, they were a chicken leg and part of a thigh, but it said "BBQ Chicken Leg" on the cart if I remember correctly.

Do you have the video online somewhere? It'd be cool to see if you filmed the cart before I had a chance to visit TDR and changed the sign and/or the entire product pre-2006.

I'm going to delve into my pictures and see if I have a picture of the cart, but I don't think I do.

You are spot on about it being chicken because the portion size needed to be smaller. As I recall the price was 620 some odd Yen making it, given the exchange rate in 2007, just about the $6 that a turkey leg in a U.S. park would cost. Same cost, smaller portion, but pretty good none the less.
    Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 02-14-2009 at 03:40 AM.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• World Traveler

I think the Discovery Channel has a show that mentioned that the turkey is descended from the T-Rex !!! Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Did you go to Tokyo Disneyland and film that video? I'm pretty sure the chicken legs I bought twice from the ODV cart in Adventureland adjacent to Western River Railroad & Jungle Cruise were chicken & said chicken on the cart.
    Of course I've been to Tokyo Disneyland multiple times, last December most recently, and the Turkey Leg stand is in Westernland.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 02-14-2009 at 05:32 PM.

I would say the same thing

• Gator Dad

Best turkey legs I've ever had were not at WDW. Get them every year at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City. They taste like the most succulent ham you've ever eaten, which, of course, raises the question of why eat a turkey leg that tastes like ham when I could just eat ham, but THEY'RE SO GOOD!!!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I saw something on the Disneyland turkey legs once on unwrapped. I'm not much help, sorry!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau