Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Toad

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Mr. Toad

Has anyone ever wondered why, despite the huge yearlong uproar, WDW took Mr. Toad away for Pooh?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Mr. Toad

WDW probably thought that since Pooh was so successful in Japans Disneyland, they wanted to see how it would do with the Ameican culture. Perhaps Mr. Toad had the biggest building in fantasyland and they wanted to make a large Pooh ride so they took toad out. I guess that was a bad decision though.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

In a nut shell.............no one was going to plan a trip to WDW just to see the old Toad whereas thousands(perhaps millions) would come down to see the new Pooh.

Once again Disney was thinking short term profits over the long term
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    In a nut shell.............no one was going to plan a trip to WDW just to see the old Toad whereas thousands(perhaps millions) would come down to see the new Pooh.

Once again Disney was thinking short term profits over the long term
    True. And Disney wonders why people from the west coast wont visit Disney World. Why would they want to if they have all of Walt Disney Worlds successful rides now at Disneyland resort? Plus why would we travel over seas to ride duplicate rides from WDW and DL? How silly of Disney.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

They need to start thinking in long term. Toad would probably have been better off staying.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    They need to start thinking in long term. Toad would probably have been better off staying.
    True.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    True. And Disney wonders why people from the west coast wont visit Disney World. Why would they want to if they have all of Walt Disney Worlds successful rides now at Disneyland resort? Plus why would we travel over seas to ride duplicate rides from WDW and DL? How silly of Disney.
    Yeah, but our Pooh is actually good. (And by Pooh, I mean the ride, not that other stuff ). Pooh is constantly packed with people (it averages 60 minute waits) and is by far (imo) the best Fantasyland dark ride. The technology is superior and it is very detailed. I love the tigger section, the ring of smoke, the scene where pooh falls asleep and he 'magically' floats, the effects in the rain scene, etc. Although Toad was good, they really didn't lose anything in the switch to Pooh (same amount of people, the story is still good, the ride itself is still good, etc).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Probably the same people that replaced the old Journey into Imagination ride with the current one.

Ugh.

Cris

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Yeah, but our Pooh is actually good. (And by Pooh, I mean the ride, not that other stuff ). Pooh is constantly packed with people (it averages 60 minute waits) and is by far (imo) the best Fantasyland dark ride. The technology is superior and it is very detailed. I love the tigger section, the ring of smoke, the scene where pooh falls asleep and he 'magically' floats, the effects in the rain scene, etc. Although Toad was good, they really didn't lose anything in the switch to Pooh (same amount of people, the story is still good, the ride itself is still good, etc).

-Michael
    What Pooh rode are you talking about ( I don't know what state your in so that's why I ask)? Florida, Japan, or CA? I only rode CA's version.

I like CA's queue line music though. It features a nice gentle medley of all the songs.

• Disney Memory Maker

What Pooh rode are you talking about ( I don't know what state your in so that's why I ask)? Florida, Japan, or CA? I only rode CA's version.

I like CA's queue line music though. It features a nice gentle medley of all the songs.
    I'm talking about WDW's Pooh.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    I'm talking about WDW's Pooh.
    Oh okay.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

WDW probably thought that since Pooh was so successful in Japans Disneyland, they wanted to see how it would do with the Ameican culture.
    Tokyo's Pooh opened in 2000, WDW's opened in 1999.

Basically Mr Toad had a fanbase, but it was an unknown story. It didn't push merchandise.
    It also had two tracks. They could make a ride and add a gift shop in it's space, while not removing something so dear to Mr Walt (Snow White or Peter Pan). There was even talk of a meet and greet cove for a while, it was done because of space. Pooh had already become the top charecters with Mickey and Goofy, so it was a no brainer. Mr Toad just had the space.
    I loved Mr Toad dearly and I'd love to have seen them add Pooh in a new building but it makes sense why they did it over Peter Pan or Snow White.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

And Disney wonders why people from the west coast wont visit Disney World. Why would they want to if they have all of Walt Disney Worlds successful rides now at Disneyland resort?
    But WDW still has the Carosel of Progress. Long live the CoP
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• keep moving forward...

many children do not know toad as well as they know pooh... and i suppose the aspect of riding a car down to hell spooked them out... i dont really understand why though (sarcasm alert)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    many children do not know toad as well as they know pooh... and i suppose the aspect of riding a car down to hell spooked them out... i dont really understand why though (sarcasm alert)
    It was either that or being hit by a train that perhaps might have spooked them. But doesn't every child want to know what it's like to be hit by a train and go to hell? They got to live their fantasy in Mr. Toad.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast