Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaver Tails

Wow tough question "mentally" Walt Disney World. In reality i live in Squamish B.C. (for now)

Beaver Tails

Hi, i am new to micechat but i come to this site all the time to see how my favorite park is doing (Walt Disney World). Anyways (sorry about that)

Here we go. i used to be a cast member and my wife work in the Canadian Pavilion. She said that back before 9-11 happened Canada used to sell beaver tails. Now for all of you who have never had a beaver tail before i suggest that you go to Canada right now (like right now get up off your computer chair and go) and have one they are freakin amazing especially with maple syrup.

My question (Finally) is who here would like beaver tails to come back to the Canadian Pavilion

• PoppingtheQ@WDW!

Re: Beaver Tails

Being originally from the east (montreal) but living in the Lower Mainland now, I miss the heck outta Beaver Tails...

Shame we can't have some when we hit WDW in April... booooo... gotta wait until we visit the folks back home.

unless you know somewhere in Vancouver what has them

• SpitSpot!

There should be a poll here. Beaver tails vrs poutine
    In my family there would be 3 for beaver tails and one for poutine.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Oh bother!

I live in Ottawa and now you've made me crave one. I'm going to walk across the street to the Beavertails stand right now at Winterlude.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Disappearing/Reappearing

um......what's a beaver tail?

Wow tough question "mentally" Walt Disney World. In reality i live in Squamish B.C. (for now)

um lets see how can i explain what a Beaver Tail is..... It is basically fried dough but the it is really more than that. What the awesome thing about them (in my opinion) is the different kinds of things you can put on them like real Canadian maple (my favorite) chocolate or what suits you. I am not Canadian i just live here i am sure any Canadian here can explain it better

• Disappearing/Reappearing

soooooooo...it's kinda like a funnel cake here in the US?

yeah sort of,
    but it is sort of flat and shaped like a beaver's tail hence the name

• Minion

You know how you might try something once and not be too sure about it, but you're willing to try again, just to make sure you like it or not? That's how I am about Beaver Tails. The one time I had one, the CM was putting Hersey's chocolate syrup on it and I questioned her about the Canadian-ness of it. She told me it was from Hersey, Manitoba! lol If it would make people happy, I say yes, bring them back!
    I want my cake back!

the whole point of this post really is that the Canadian Pavilion is awesome (don't get me wrong) but it lacks real Canadian style. For example the scenery is amazing but the only place to eat there is the Le Cellier. now i have never ate their before so i can't comment on the food (truly it's because i can't afford it haha) but i would like the Canadian Pavilion to have a Kiosk full of Canadian food that Canada is famous for. (like beaver tails) Plus i love the idea of the (hopeful) river rafting in the Canadian Pavilion.
    Last edited by PAC-Man87; 02-19-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    We are the wish makers.
    Wishing upon a star for your dreams to come true.
    We are the dreamers.
    Dreaming of the wish your heart makes.
    We are all over making dreams come true.
    Making everyday magical for you.
    Walt Disney had a word for the kind of people like us.

We are Cast Members

• future rockstar/imagineer

i LOVED the beaver tails! and that was one of my family's favorite snacks to get at WDW! we were soo sad when we went one year and found out that they werent there anymore...

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Beaver Tails

Today on the news I heard that one of the things President Obama did in Canada today was have a beaver tale.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• SpitSpot!

Quote Originally Posted by PAC-Man87 View Post
    the whole point of this post really is that the Canadian Pavilion is awesome (don't get me wrong) but it lacks real Canadian style. For example the scenery is amazing but the only place to eat there is the Le Cellier. now i have never ate their before so i can't comment on the food (truly it's because i can't afford it haha) but i would like the Canadian Pavilion to have a Kiosk full of Canadian food that Canada is famous for. (like beaver tails) Plus i love the idea of the (hopeful) river rafting in the Canadian Pavilion.
    Being Canadian I find there is not a lot different between American food and ours. Regionaly, Canada is famous amongst ourselves for Alberta beef, West Coast Salmon, Wines from the Niagra region, East Coast Lobster...well and MY fav is Poutine and Montreal Smoked Meat. But to say that our food if different, I don't see it. I do find it odd that Macaronni is a side dish at some resturants in WDW, but I am sure that is a park thing.

Beaver Tails are like Elephant Ears that you can find at Carnie food booths. I think Canadian food maybe taller though....you know...stacked up high instead of spread around the plate. Now for a trully Canadian experience - Smarties Vrs MMs to very different - yet the same candy...
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Fortuosity!

According to a CM at the pavilion there were issues with the supplier. Sometimes Disney wouldn't get stuff and the old ingredients would just sit there and other conflicts happened and they both gave up. 9/11's got nothing to do with this as usual. You want them back? Complain to both sides, Disney and the supplier.

And yes they are awesome and if you haven't had one you're not cool. Make a trip to the Toronto Zoo, Canada's Wonderland, The Ex etc, and try one.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sounds delicious! I'd love to try it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast