Rushed during late dining reservations?

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with a later dining reservation at one of the parks? Say an 8:45 dinner with a 9 park closing time at Epcot's Teppan EDO.

Are we going to get rushed through dinner or will we have enough time to enjoy?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Rushed during late dining reservations?

Good question!!!! I wonder that myself.

• MiceAge Columnist

In my experience, you will sense an "indirect pressure." No one will tell you to hurry up, but at the same time, you may see Cast members visibly leaving for the night, the tables around you being cleaned and arranged, etc... all unstated implication that you should hurry. If you can withstand that without guilt, you're good!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully we won't be the last ones in the restaurant!

• Mostly Harmless.

We had an 830 at Rose and Crown last March and it wasn't bad at all. There were actually still quite a few people there and the pub was definitely still hopping.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Ate late at Morocco'sMarrakesh once, service was still good. They were cleaning tables and such, but no one hurried us to finish. I didn't feel hurried. Just go enjoy yourself it will be fine.

• Lonestar Louisianian

I've also had a late ressie at Le Cellier and we were not rushed what-so-ever. True, they may start clearing tables and begining their closing procedures but you can still take your time and finish dinner at your own pace.
    A plus (well, I consider it a plus) is that you get to walk back through Epcot after all the crowds have cleared out. It's sort of nice experience hearing the music and seeing the lights without having to concentrate on navigating around people.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by knoebelsPT View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with a later dining reservation at one of the parks? Say an 8:45 dinner with a 9 park closing time at Epcot's Teppan EDO.

Are we going to get rushed through dinner or will we have enough time to enjoy?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

We ate late at Tepan Edo last fall and no there's absolutely no rush from the staff there, they probably would never think to try to rush you out it would be considered quite rude to push a guest out of your establishment. Only thing is you will probably miss illuminations as it's not Visible from the Tepan Edo Dining area but it is visible from Tokyo Dining.

I've closed out the Rose and Crown as well one time and as long as you leave within an hour or so after park close you should be fine if taking Disney transport, if you are staying at one of the Epcot area hotels adjacent to the international gateway or have your own car there's no rush at all although you may be asked if you are lost by security as your walking out.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...