Disney Visa and booking

So we are really hoping that the free dining is offered again this year and are wondering if anyone knows whether you have to book your reservation using the disney visa to get the early dates (they have offered it first to cardholders a week early in years past) or can you get the early cardholder offer just by having the card?

I would prefer to hold the reservation with my american express. I guess my question is can you get the cardholder perks just by having the card, or do you actually have to USE it to book your vacation? Personally, I would rather have my american express points which are more flexible, but it would be worth using the disney visa if I need to to get their perks!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Visa and booking

The Disney Visa Free Dining was announced to me yesterday by my travel agent. The dates are August the 16th until October the third. You must book the deposit using the Disney Visa. It is a $200 desposit per room. You must book at least 3 nights up to 10 nights, and you get "free dining". You must purchase at least a one day park ticket.

This promotion will be open to the public on Monday, March the the 30th, so if you wish to use a different credit card, you can do so on Monday.

• Disneyholic

Re: Disney Visa and booking

Yes free dining has been announced, it's official like previous years Disney Visa Card holder get first crack at it and next week they will be opening t up to the general public on Monday March 30th. Dates will be August 16th-October 3rd.

There are the usual restrictions around limited rooms available etc. Plus the following:

• You must book at least a three night stay, and your stay cannot be longer than 10 nights
    • You must include at least a one day Magic Your Way base ticket (in other words it must be a package and not a "room only" reservation, so no it can not combined with the AP or military discounts, you can however book a 1 day ticket on a 10 night package and get free dining for all 10 nights and use your AP or Military discounted tickets for park access.)
    • Disney will not "hold" the reservation you must put the $200 deposit down when booking directly. (Note: if you book via Magical travel and want us to hold a room we will do so for 7 days but we cannot guarantee the free dining for that resort will still be available when you do put the deposit down but we will do everything we can to get it for you. )
    • It appears that no suites are included in the offer, and other rooms are extremely limited more so than usual.
    • You must book no later than June 21st 2001.

Like last year you CAN upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan for only $32/night for adults and $10/night for children which is a huge bargain if you like to eat a lot of sit down meals or like the nicer restaurants that require 2 table service credits. (Paging Dan Young, your table is ready.... sorry Dan I could not resist!)

If anyone would like to book this offer please PM me or fill out the quote form on my website I'll be more than happy to help out anyone who need it.
    Last edited by Jerren; 03-27-2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...