Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Abandoned Resort buildings

If the buildings have to be torn down and be rebuilt when/if the project continues. I wish they would just do it now and get it over with or at least they should have done it when they realized that that is what the plans would involve. At the very least conceal them better with landscaping. It is very unsightly for a "resort".

• Pilot EdForceOne

You can't see them from the road if you aren't looking for them.. and from the Pop side, they are viewable but not overly distracting. I'd say the 'bridge to nowhere' is more a 'huh?' moment then the buildings themselves

But the original concept for the place is just massive. I sure hope you wouldn't have to come from the far side to get to the food court! :o
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

That's some pretty craptacular themeing.

• I love Disney!

It does seem very Un-Disneylike, even though they did the same thing to River Country! :-(

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You can't see them from the road if you aren't looking for them.. and from the Pop side, they are viewable but not overly distracting. I'd say the 'bridge to nowhere' is more a 'huh?' moment then the buildings themselves

But the original concept for the place is just massive. I sure hope you wouldn't have to come from the far side to get to the food court! :o
    Well the Legendary Years side looks like it was going to have it's own main building for a food court, gift shop and whatnot. I think it was going to have it's own lobby & check-in area too like how all the All-Star resorts have their own.

This building here:

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    This building here:
    Concur.. it's like a frickin' clone! hehe

It does have road access to from the other side which is easily seen from the road, but the access road curves to not give a clear sight line right to the buildings.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Also there's a rumor floating around that the theme will be changed to the Animation Inn and Suites. Although I doubt this project will be moving forward anytime soon.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Drinker of Mad Tea

That's the most depressing thing I have ever seen

I hope they do do something with it. Buildings left to rot are never good, and certainly dangerous in the long term.
    ~The darkness must go
    Down the river of night's dreaming
    Flow morphia slow
    Let the sun and light come streaming
    Into my life, into my life~

• Not here to help

that place looks scary

all that space could be used to build a new park. but they wont... anyone can see it is all haunted

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

That youtube video is creepy! Like something you would see on...who knows what!
    I was down there a few years ago and don't remember seeing those or hearing anything about buildings not being finished. Odd. Hopefully they do something or they could have been storage, but they don't fit in with the Disney appearance. That is for sure.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Banned User

To this day, I am troubled by the unfinished complex at the Pop Century, while Disney contiues to add unnecesary DVC complexes like the horrible Contemporary Tower.

Also, does anyone have opinions on how the high rise buildings from the non-Disney owned timeshare behind EPCOT interfere with the look of World Showcase? Not sure what I am talking about? Then go to the Canada pavillion and look to the southeast, behind Germany and Italy.. You can even see the top of the Blue Herron complex all the way outside Disney on road 535!!!

• A-NET-FAN

VERY APOCOLYPTIC! Its like a peek at what Disney World will look like at the end of time.

• MiceAge Columnist

I also find it disruptive to the skyline from across I-4. If you are on South International, say, or anywhere opposite I-4, then the buildings are easy to see. In fact, they take what used to be pristine forest "skyline" and make it look like a city. Not at all the same effect as you drive up to the resort area. Looks like WDW turned into Harbor Blvd after all.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    To this day, I am troubled by the unfinished complex at the Pop Century, while Disney contiues to add unnecesary DVC complexes like the horrible Contemporary Tower.

Also, does anyone have opinions on how the high rise buildings from the non-Disney owned timeshare behind EPCOT interfere with the look of World Showcase? Not sure what I am talking about? Then go to the Canada pavillion and look to the southeast, behind Germany and Italy.. You can even see the top of the Blue Herron complex all the way outside Disney on road 535!!!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I know it's not like us to disagree, but I think they did a pretty good job with the look of the new tower. But the Pop graveyard is pretty spooky looking.

I think it's sad, yet ironic that Walt went through so much effort to create WDW because of visual intrusion at Disneyland, yet Disney is allowing it to happen at WDW now. Then again, they started the whole thing with the Swan and Dolphin.
    -Tim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast