Thread: Discounts?

• Engine Co 71

Question Discounts?

I understand AAA offers decent room discounts with thier membership. I was wondering if anyone had booked a vacation to WDW with AAA and what the discount was like? I will only be traveling with my girlfriend and looking to stay at one of the value resorts sometime in August this year.

Re: Discounts?

I've actually found that you get a bigger discount booking directly with Disney when you ask for their AAA rates. Disney's direct AAA rates are 10% off of their regular rack rates, while AAA's direct rates are almost always (as far as I've seen) not real discounts.

Of course, if you're looking to stay for at least 5 nights, WDW's current 7 nights for the price of 4 is better than a 10% discount. Good luck!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have asked for the AAA discount many times when traveling to WDW. The buy 4 get three discount did not fall on my days. I always prefer a "room only" discount. I like the fact that I don't have to totally pay for my trip until I check in. The deposit is a one night charge per room. It works out great for me. Then I purchase my tickets online, and have them mail them to me.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have asked for the AAA discount many times when traveling to WDW. The buy 4 get three discount did not fall on my days. I always prefer a "room only" discount. I like the fact that I don't have to totally pay for my trip until I check in. The deposit is a one night charge per room. It works out great for me. Then I purchase my tickets online, and have them mail them to me.

I agree with the fact that its nice to pay when you arrive and not by the Disney deadline they give you for 90 days prior to arrival. I booked through Disney for the buy 4 get 3 free deal only becasue I prefer to deal with Disney directly and not a travel agent. However AAA has its benefits since you get the AAA prefered parking spaces (if available by the time you arrive) and the AAA discount card for dining, shopping and some tours. I was originally booked for the Pop Century resort but I upgraded to the Animal Kingdom since it was only $600 more and a savings of over $1000 with the deal so how could I pass that one up?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I see that the Disney World website is showing a discount on Value Rooms. Prices start at $68 a room for stays between April, the 12th, and June 6th.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015