Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stitch

Stitch

I was at WDW this past week and did "Stitch's Great Escape" twice at busy times of the day. I've done it before, and don't really like it but do it anyway.

I would hesitate to say the theater was 25-MAYBE 30% full both times. The park was pretty busy and Monsters Inc, TTA (rode it and saw Space Mountain with the lights on!), CoP all had more interest than this. Heck, those Country Bears, as primitive as they may seem were almost packed. How much longer does Disney plan to keep this going? It's a horrible attraction anyway. Alien Encounter wasn't great but was better. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see how they can justify keeping such an un-popular attraction open. Nobody really seemed impressed by it. The theater is really interesting though -- but the 'harness' things hurt both mine and my mom's shoulders (we aren't large people) and the seating is uncomfortable.

Disney needs to drop this. I can't see them keeping it forever.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Re: Stitch

They unfortunately might ... but even still, it is pretty horrible! It was a quick fix for the "too scary" Alien Encounter ... and not even a good quick fix at that!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

The key to the shoulder rests is to sit straight up as they are coming down and then relaxing once they lock into place, that way it doesn't drag down on you the whole time.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I actually just want to try this once

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I actually just want to try this once

You'd be better off just slamming your man parts between the toilet seat lids.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post

Unfortunately, I have to agree with draybook. Stitch was the a huge waste of time.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

^ What he said!!!

That ride is so abysmal, that I really wish the building would just implode on itself or crumble to the ground, so that no future generations have to sit through that craptastic attraction

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

• Crazy Furry

I firmly agree with that, now while Alien Encounter was a hit-or-miss with people (I think it's pretty obvious it was a huge hit for me.) At least AE was able to be entertaining in some way. It either scared you with the effects, made you laugh with the dark humor or a mixture of both.

SGE on the other hand, scares the heck out of it's target audience (kids), and it bores the crap out of everyone else since the bad humor is strictly juvenile...and overall it's poorly done from start to finish.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• HauntedOne999

With the way that things are going in the economy.... I highly doubt that anything will replace the "Stitch" show anytime soon. Since Disney has combined the managment of both parks into one entity and DCA taking most of the US budget it may be several years before anything makes its way into that spot. MKs Tomorrowland is such a joke now tho... except for Space mountain, TTA, Astro Jets, and COP its pretty much Fantasyland... the land needs a wide spread remodel.

Since Monsters just opened there is no way they are going to remove that... but Buzz and Stitch need to be overhauled. I say turn Buzz into Stitch with the vehicles being his red space cruiser.... and then Stitch into a Buzz Attraction "Zerg Escapes"... at least this way the Stitch stage and attraction are close together. Its not what I would want for TL but what else can you do with the Stitch/Alien/Mars/Moon theaters.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Am I the ONLY person in the world that likes the Stitch attraction? I mean...yeah, it's not the greatest....but, the Stitch animatronic is absolutely killer. It's SO lifelike. And, I know the show itself is pretty boring...but, it's still cute.

No, I may not see it every single time I travel to WDW, but, I still think it's one of those that are worth doing at least once.

• Drinker of Mad Tea

I expected a dark (litterally, as in very little light), scary ride. It was so bright, it wasn't that convincing. Also, the chilli dog stench is quite annoying for the entirety of the show. Everyone I know who has experienced it was nonplussed.

However, the Stitch animatronic is great!
    ~The darkness must go
    Down the river of night's dreaming
    Flow morphia slow
    Let the sun and light come streaming
    Into my life, into my life~

I agree about that chili-dog smell. It's annoying. Actually, the whole theater has just a bad smell. Even the pre-show area. They seated us in the left quarter of the theater upon entry -- there were several empty rows and the ones that had people weren't full. We honestly weren't sure if it was open at first. I don't think I had ever seen an attraction so empty before. It felt like I was almost by myself in there... Has anyone else experienced this?

Monsters is almost full. I would wonder if it took the spotlight off Stitch even more.

• Pulling the Trigger

Interesting... I work on Stitch's Great Escape! (meaning I speak from daily experience, not a week's vacation with one go on the attraction) and I rarely see the chambers less than 70% full, even on slow days. And it gets consistently high reviews from day guests.

Just because everybody on the online communities loves to jump on the "OMG STITCH SUXORS!1!!11!!" bandwagon, does NOT make it a bad attraction in the least.

And yes, the animatronic is fantastic... it's actually the most advanced and articulated animatronic that WDI has ever made.

And what on Earth are you talking about that it was too bright, Noctourne? It features several minutes of complete darkness...

x.jaKe ryan
    \\Commanding Officer At The Tomorrowland Galactic Federation Prisoner Teleport Center//

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Am I the ONLY person in the world that likes the Stitch attraction? I mean...yeah, it's not the greatest....but, the Stitch animatronic is absolutely killer. It's SO lifelike. And, I know the show itself is pretty boring...but, it's still cute.

No, I may not see it every single time I travel to WDW, but, I still think it's one of those that are worth doing at least once.
    I actually like to ride (?) just to see the Stitch AA, although I don't really like the attraction itself.

In other words, if the same AA were elsewhere, I would like that instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast