New Monorail colors?

Ok.... leave the arguement that WDW will never expand the monorail system aside for a moment..... and blissfully pretend that in a shocker move, that it did expand the monorail. whoo hooo !

Now here is the fun we had at work today. This hypothetical expansion would require 4 additional trains to cover the new expanded beam ways.

What would the new colors be?

Some of my suggestions:

Brown - not super dark, a nice pretty shade of mountain sunset brown.
    Navy - A dark Royal blue, with a White Delta to help distinquish it from monorail black when at a distance.
    Emerald - A rich (forest / Hunter) Green.
    Violet - Lighter shade of purple

And a suggestion for the holidays. I was looking at the ballons added and though how simple would it be to candy cane stripe both Monorails Red and Pink during the December Holidays. They could refer to them as Holiday 1 and Holiday 2. Just a fun and yet cheap holiday touch.

And finally.... since none of this will happen.... could the at least get the stripe on the inside to match the outside???? One could wish right???

• Banned User

Re: New Monorail colors?

Personally I believe a new monorail system and design is needed at WDW. The current monorails are clunkers that need to undergo many safety checks daily, even with guests on board, and they are falling apart inside.
    The current "Celebrate Today" overlay on the monorails is cute, but still! In the same amount of time since the current WDW monorail fleet has operated, DLR has seen two monorail design upgrades to it's fleet. Hmmm.

I like the TDR line trains :-) I would like to see those trains running in WDW

The current fleet at WDW has been online since, I believe, 1991. Nothing at WDW gets the attention that DL gets because the management at WDW is clueless at how to run and maintain the parks. They are afraid to change anything - for the better, or close anything until it's been so far run ino the ground that it has to be closed. In part this is the fault of the guests because complain because it's their "once in a lifetime trip and their relative is has (insert fatal disease here) and this was the only attraction in the world that they wanted to see befoe they died and now that it's closed (for reurbishment, seasonal or just plain closed) their entire trip is ruined. It doesn't matter what attraction it is, Space Mountain or even the Drew Carey fiasco at DHS. But they hear it. On top of that, if they can't make at least a 30% gain on profits year to year, they cutback on things, the first things to get shelved are new attractions, second hours of the front line staff, that are already barely making a living at poverty level. So I wouldn't expect any major enhancements to the monorails until they finally just fall off the beam halfway between the TTC and EPCOT.

Oh well, so much for having some fun with it. drove right into how WDW will never expand but should because x, y, and Z. Which I agree with completely, but also was totally not the point of thread.

Oh well.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    In the same amount of time since the current WDW monorail fleet has operated, DLR has seen two monorail design upgrades to it's fleet. Hmmm.
    Um, no. The Mark V Monorails began operating at Disneyland in 1987. The Mark VI Monorails at Walt Disney World started to appear and replace the Mark IV Monorails in 1989 and the switch was finished in 1991.

So Disneyland has had one design change, the current switch to the Mark VII Monorails. Not only that, but the Mark VII and the Mark V are built on the old chassis from the Mark III Monorails that first appeared in 1969. The Mark VI Monorails were entirely new monorails.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Thanks to this thread, I think I'll use the term "Taking a ride on Monorail Brown" as a new euphemism for using the restroom.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    I like the TDR line trains :-) I would like to see those trains running in WDW
    I just looked at pix of them on flickr and I have to say I agree, that would be cool! And if Disney wants new monorails, just get Bombardier to sell them the failing Las Vegas system at fire sale prices...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Will this suggestions be considered?...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by jagass View Post
    Will this suggestions be considered?...
    Easy answer... no.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Um, no. The Mark V Monorails began operating at Disneyland in 1987. The Mark VI Monorails at Walt Disney World started to appear and replace the Mark IV Monorails in 1989 and the switch was finished in 1991.

So Disneyland has had one design change, the current switch to the Mark VII Monorails. Not only that, but the Mark VII and the Mark V are built on the old chassis from the Mark III Monorails that first appeared in 1969. The Mark VI Monorails were entirely new monorails.

I have a question about that. If the 7's are using the same chassie as the 5's, why did it not fit on the track properly?