Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2010 - What's going to happen?

What are you celebrating is scheduled to last one year. But what's coming in 2010? Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks for your thoughts

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: 2010 - What's going to happen?

Well, it's Disneyland's 55th Birthday - maybe WDW will celebrate that, since they celebrated DL's 50th birthday, also.

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Well, it's Disneyland's 55th Birthday - maybe WDW will celebrate that, since they celebrated DL's 50th birthday, also.
    Did they really celebrate the 50th? We went to WDW during the 50th and didn't see much. We were kinda disappointed and the only souvenir I could find was a single coffee cup.

I couldn't find any of the usual stuff like photo albums, key chains, cloths, etc. I asked a CM and she said that the celebration was mostly at DL and they hadn't seen much in the form of product to support it.
    We also went to DLR during that time and it was a whole different story.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yes WDW was included in Disneyland's 50th. They got the motor stuntshow at the Studios and EPCOT got Soarin'. MK got the big, honkin, mirror of doom on the castle that showed "glass stain" pics of the other Disney park castles. And the castle was adorned with tons of gold characters.

For once I'd love to see a lame promotion-free year at WDW.

Bad enough Disneyland Paris' 15th is still going on nearly 2 years after the fact.

• Sock Puppet

more cutbacks and higher prices, NO Virgin and NO PI, while SeaWorld and Universal bask in the glory of NEWNESS that is Manta and RipRideIt...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post

I couldn't find any of the usual stuff like photo albums, key chains, cloths, etc. I asked a CM and she said that the celebration was mostly at DL and they hadn't seen much in the form of product to support it.
    We also went to DLR during that time and it was a whole different story.
    That's wierd. I do have photo albums, key chains, and t-shirts of the 50th from WDW. They had tons.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm pretty sure my friend got a 50th photo album. And don't forget all those gold Mickey ears that were rampant. I have the antennae topper, and magnet.

Have they always had a theme? I don't remember any before the 50th. But,...my Disney fever was born the year of the 50th....so, I didn't keep up with park stuff before then.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

No, they don't always have a theme, but there is always a slogan. I don't consider that a theme, just marketing.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• DL Fan

Usuallly they don't announce the promotion for the following year until late summer/early fall.

At least that is when they announced the year of a million dreams and the celebrate theme.
    Partner in Crime: Smaps.

Go Huskies!!!

Disneyland: September 12th to 19th

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Disney's fiscal year begins October 1st and runs through September 30 of the following year, so any new promotions for 2010 will probably be announced sometime in October 2009.

• Indiana Scott

I really kinda like things better when there's no propaganda stuff too but what the heck, it's still Disney!

• Seasick

The current promotion is apparently serving Disney well, so it's possible, maybe even probable, that we'll see it extended, like the two years of two million dreams.

Or they'll roll out a national advertising campaign urging everyone to come to WDW whiile they're in Orlando to see they new Harry Potter land at IOA.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Banned User

Isn't it sad Disney has to resort to telling people "C'mon, you know you want to come here so, why not during your birthday, since we are not giving you a true reason to come here this year?"

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Isn't it sad Disney has to resort to telling people "C'mon, you know you want to come here so, why not during your birthday, since we are not giving you a true reason to come here this year?"
    I know, the fact that they have to give out free tickets to get people in the park is kind of sad.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    I know, the fact that they have to give out free tickets to get people in the park is kind of sad.
    Sad indeed, and once Universal opens their Harry Potty attraction at Islands of Adventure, Disney may have to continue to offer free admission, since they won't have anything to counter Universal's missile attack. I wish USF was bold enough to hit Disney in the belly while they are down, by bringing the Magical Starlight Parade from UNiversal Japan to Orlando. Ouch SpectroTragic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast