Thread: sept or oct

sept or oct

is september, especially right after labor day a better time to go than october in regards to crowds. i am assuming after labor day parents are less likely to keep kids out of school

• Indiana Scott

Re: sept or oct

I cant compare the two but we went last year during the 5 days after Labor day and it was great. In fact, we'll be going at the same time this year.
    The only down side is I think maybe the Haunted Mansion is always down during that time to get ready for Halloween. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (hopefully).

BTW, welcome to MC Chris

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I cant compare the two but we went last year during the 5 days after Labor day and it was great. In fact, we'll be going at the same time this year.
    The only down side is I think maybe the Haunted Mansion is always down during that time to get ready for Halloween. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (hopefully).

BTW, welcome to MC Chris

The WDW Haunted mansion doesn't do an annual refurb/overlay like they do in Disneyland it *should* be open either set of dates.

I've visited many times in September and October, now that the MNSSHP starts in *gasp* late August you can enjoy the party either month. One thing you might want to consider is if Disney keeps with tradition it usually offers free dining in mid August - September so if they continue in that tradition you *may* want to go in September. It's also value season versus regular season, so you will save a bit more on the trip (I have a pdf calendar you can download on yourmagicaltravelpplanner.com that shows all rate change seasons for 2009).

The only downside is September is it is still in the hurricane season so there's a slightly higher risk of storms than in October, not enough to stop me from going but it will some folks, and it is a bit warmer than in October but again not much.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post

BTW, welcome to MC Chris
    WDW's Haunted Mansion does not get an overlay like Anaheim does. It's just the regular Haunted Mansion year-round.

• Banned User

Late september and most of October is a good time to visit. Crowds are lite and the weather is cool and comfortable. Plus, the Halloween parties are happening as well.

Last time I planned a trip to WDW, I was trying to decide between September & November. I was seriously considering September because I figured the crowds would be less, but then someone told me about the lovebugs. Having lived through several cicada seasons, I decided I didn't want to share my vacation with swarms of bugs (harmless or not). Does anyone know exactly when the lovebugs are gone? I was thinking my next visit would be in October, but I'd prefer September.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I have gone in Sept a bunch of times and it is one of my favorite times to go. The crowds tend to be very light and the weather is usually pleasant. It is still technically hurricane season but I have not had any problems, just lucky I guess..
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I usually try to go toward the end of OCt.

Its not as hot. The crowds are lighter and the Internation Food & Wine thing is still going on...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

September ALL THE WAY!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

We went during the 2nd week of September and it was fricking hot, well humid at least. It gets humid here in Memphis so I'm used to it but it sucks when I sweat just going from the hotel room to the car to put the cool in in the car.

I don't recall really having any trouble with the love bugs.

• Across From DL

Cool Re: sept or oct

I used to live in Orlando

GO IN OCTOBER!!! MUCH COOLER!!!LESS CROWDS!!!

Don't forget Sunscreen

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Still wants to be a cat!

This year the crowds are down anyways due to the economy, so go for the Food & Wine Festival time period, you won't regret it!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

I'd say September! Thats when we always go!

• Minion

Such divided opinions!

This Floridian says - October!...Though I live in southeast FL...I would still say that for Orlando, October is much more pleasant than September on average. September can still be orpessively hot and humid sometimes, but by October the weather is just peachy. Late September would work as well.
    Down with the Hat

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Terese View Post
    Last time I planned a trip to WDW, I was trying to decide between September & November. I was seriously considering September because I figured the crowds would be less, but then someone told me about the lovebugs. Having lived through several cicada seasons, I decided I didn't want to share my vacation with swarms of bugs (harmless or not). Does anyone know exactly when the lovebugs are gone? I was thinking my next visit would be in October, but I'd prefer September.

Why does everyone make such a fuss over lovebugs? They are harmless (to humans anyway, I do hear they can do damage to the clear coat on your car if you don't wash the dead ones off) and most of the time are really not that bad around WDW. They are no where near the biblical locust like swarms of cicada we get evey 16 years or so... just think of them as fireflys having some fun and walk on...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...