Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Walt Disney World - No Theme Park Day - Let's Share

Don't forget about the waterparks ..Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. At Typhon Lagoon, there's a plentitude of activities ..a sandy beach, a surf pool, a lazy river, a snorkel reef, and water slides galore ..including a cannery themed water coaster area.

Fort Wilderness boasts Tri-Circle-D Ranch & Farm - along with scenic woodlands that you can experince riding on a wagon, a carriage or on horseback. The guided trail rides on horseback are 45 minutes in length. There's also a western show to enjoy.

Don't forget about the fun-filled avant-garde circus spectacle, Cirque du Soleil! I watched one of these shows from Quebeck, Canada in San Francisco. My mind was blown at all of the unique and highly entertaining athletic feats.

It would also be fun to ride the monorail around and explore the hotel resorts along it's route.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-15-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I actually do have a pass at home that still includes 3 plus features. The pass is from 2003. We never used the plus features, and I could indeed go to one of the waterparks. I have never been to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. I remember how we planned to go there in 1997, and didn't get there either. I think my grandson, who was 4 at the time would have enjoyed it. He had just started taking an interest in waterparks. Even if we stayed in the Kiddie section. We went to Discovery Island instead, which was still open at the time. That was my very first visit to Disney World.

I must indeed pack my suit. Does anyone know if there are ever early entries to the waterparks? I do seem to remember reading about that somewhere.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I actually do have a pass at home that still includes 3 plus features. The pass is from 2003. We never used the plus features, and I could indeed go to one of the waterparks. I have never been to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. I remember how we planned to go there in 1997, and didn't get there either. I think my grandson, who was 4 at the time would have enjoyed it. He had just started taking an interest in waterparks. Even if we stayed in the Kiddie section. We went to Discovery Island instead, which was still open at the time. That was my very first visit to Disney World.

I must indeed pack my suit. Does anyone know if there are ever early entries to the waterparks? I do seem to remember reading about that somewhere.
    Glad you like the idea. Your nephew would likely still love it! I know that I will not miss going to a water park when I visit WDW. The direct phone number for Typhoon Lagoon is 407) 560-4141. Guest information for Blizzard Beach is 407) 824-4321.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Disneyholic

Of the two choices Typhoon lagoon seems to have more to do, BB is mostly water slides and a bit larger but TL has a much more impressive wave pool, and snorkeling/surface scuba* with the sharks and tropical fish plus the Crush -n- gusher water coasters as Ride Warrior mentioned. Both are amazing water parks though so there really is no such thing as a bad choice.

*The Surface scuba gives you about 30-45 mins of air to watch the fishes if your calm and is a great (and cheap) introduction to scuba. Guests must wear a life jacket and cannot submerge below the surface, and a trained rescue diver is there in the water with you. The cost is $20 per tank of air, duration of the experience is based on your personal air usage, with younger kids lasting longer than adults due to lung size.

...except if you choose not to take sunscreen of course...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12