Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Extra Magical Hours for Sunday 4/12

So, two weeks from today my daughter and I will be on our way to WDW.

In checking the WDW Calendar for the Magic Kingdom I noticed for Sunday April 12 (which is Easter) that Extra Magical Hours are listed as 7:00 - 8:00 then regular park hours are 8:00 - 12:00, then they list 12:00 - 3:00 as Extra Magical Hours. Really???!!! Midnight to 3 am? Is that right? And if one was to stay until 3 am, is transportation still running to get back to your hotel? Here is the link to the calendar page for this date: calendar

• Banned User

Re: Extra Magical Hours for Sunday 4/12

I remember the first day we were there we walked into Magic Kingdom, saw the crowds, headed back to the hotel, returned at around 8 pm and left at 2:30. Ghost Town on the bus and the park wasn't very crowded either.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    So, two weeks from today my daughter and I will be on our way to WDW.

In checking the WDW Calendar for the Magic Kingdom I noticed for Sunday April 12 (which is Easter) that Extra Magical Hours are listed as 7:00 - 8:00 then regular park hours are 8:00 - 12:00, then they list 12:00 - 3:00 as Extra Magical Hours. Really???!!! Midnight to 3 am? Is that right? And if one was to stay until 3 am, is transportation still running to get back to your hotel? Here is the link to the calendar page for this date: calendar
    If the park is open till 3am then yes transportation will be running till at least 4am to get you back to your resort.

I will warn you however that Easter Sunday (That whole week actually) is a very busy day at the parks and if you plan to be there all day you definitely need to get there early as the parks will start closing the turnstiles when they reach max capacity.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Just so you know, if you are staying on property, Disney transportation will run until every man, woman, and child is out of the park. Granted, that transportation may not be specific to your resort, but if you need Disney bus transportation, it will still be available. When I worked at Epcot, I used to chat with the Disney Transport people who would wait until the park was declared cleared. The were always making sure that their guests had a ride home.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember one time when we went to the Mini Golf at Blizzard Beach. Blizzard Beach had closed for the day. We were one of the last out of the golf course. We were sitting there for a little while. A van was circling the bus structure, and they asked us where we were going. A bus arrived shortly after.

• Hug a Billy

Thank you every one. I'm not sure I could actually stay until 3 am but was just curious. I am dreading the crowds Would you say that all of the parks would have the threat of closure if maxium capacity is reached or is it just the Magic Kingdom that gets the most overcrowded on that day.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

It looks like starting here next Sunday that things are going to get busy... and fast. I am usually scheduled only a few days a week, that week, I work all 7 days.

• Hug a Billy

OooooKay then. Looks like we better hit the parks early each day then. Which means that going to one park in the morning and then another park later in the day might not work out?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Just so you know, if you are staying on property, Disney transportation will run until every man, woman, and child is out of the park. Granted, that transportation may not be specific to your resort, but if you need Disney bus transportation, it will still be available. When I worked at Epcot, I used to chat with the Disney Transport people who would wait until the park was declared cleared. The were always making sure that their guests had a ride home.
    That's cool. I always took them seriously when they say that you'll be stranded if you're not on a bus before they stopped running. Really! I would hate to be stranded at the bus port at Animal Kingdom without a ride till the next day since the park closes earlier than others.

Once I needed a way to get to my friend who was staying at the All-Stars resorts and I didnt have a car, so I took my work bus to DHS (the park I was working at). It was like 7 in the morning and the buses weren't running yet but a couple were there and one driver was nice enough to give me a lift to the hotel to meet my friend before starting his rounds.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Very true... One timea freind and I ended up at the TTC, trying to get ot our hotel after the parks had closed. Thinking we could get a bus from there (what a poorly named palce that is!). We were the only ones around, and avery kind bus driver took us to our hotel. I do my best to stay away from the TTC.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Hug a Billy

What's the TTC?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). That's where the trams drop you off at the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Then you take the monorail or ferry over to the park.

Last summer I did an evening EMH at MK when it was from 11pm-2am. I lasted until almost 1:30am, then dragged my butt back to my hotel since I had been going since around 9:30am. But the atmosphere at night was a lot of fun. I spent close to a half hour just sitting right in front of the castle (behind the stage) looking up at it.

• Hug a Billy

Thank you. We'll see how we are holding up My daughter (25 years old) can probably handle late hours better than I can!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    OooooKay then. Looks like we better hit the parks early each day then. Which means that going to one park in the morning and then another park later in the day might not work out?
    It should work out, you can always ask at guest relations before you exit they usually know if the other parks have been closed or at what level they are closed. (They have a level system for closing the gates, with preference to guests staying on site...)

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I spent close to a half hour just sitting right in front of the castle (behind the stage) looking up at it.
    Sorry Amiee I have to ask... Are you sure that Snacks didn't slip something into those brownies he talked you into eating? I mean he does eat an awful lot for such a small bear....
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Sorry Amiee I have to ask... Are you sure that Snacks didn't slip something into those brownies he talked you into eating? I mean he does eat an awful lot for such a small bear....
    No that can't be it. I haven't had brownies in years. Wonderpup put Snacks on a diet but that's not working out so well since he found the Girl Scout cookies in the freezer. Now if I could only get him to stop wearing that stupid sombrero....

You know, I didn't take Snacks or Wonderpup on that trip last summer. Wonderpup was mad but I made it up to him by taking him to the ALCS & World Series (he's a die-hard Rays fan).

Oh good lord....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast