• Banned User

..about the afternoon 3pm Parade.

Last time I went to the MK, the parade started off from the Main Street end and performed traveling towards Frontierland. This routing was always the way the parades at the MK performed from 1971 until 1992, when the 20th anniversary parade traveled from Frontierland instead.
    My question is... was that a permanent change? If so... Kudos, But I wonder, what is the reason for the change?
    Anyone? Bueller?

Re: ..about the afternoon 3pm Parade.

Surprise Celebrating did at one point start on Main Street, (you can see this on youtube) and then was switched to start in Frontierland and its been Frontierland ever since.

As for the switch, from what I have heard its $$$ driven experiement. Not sure how sure that is but its just what I have heard. Poeple will always follow the parade, so this why they will now follow the parade deeper into the park instead of out of the park were once they are gone, so is any potential for them to spend money. I have always thought it should start on Main Street instead. I like it better that way.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I also liked it better when it started on Main street, not ending there. But the $$ issues makes sense. If the people are following the parade, well what do you know? The parade ends right were the stores are!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When the 3 o'clock parade doesn't start at Main Street, it doesn't quite feel like the 3 o'clock parade anymore. People will line up all along Main Street to get a good view. They wait, and they wait for the parade to arrive. Kids get antsy, and parents run in the stores to shop, while waiting. Sometimes, the parade doesn't actually arrive until closer to 3;30. I always like to watch the parade from Town Square, and I can usually kill some time taking photos. However, I do prefer the parade stepping off at Main Street at 3, and heading toward the hub.

• Mostly Harmless.

Growing up at DL I always liked to watch the parades from the Skyway, just get it all over with in one go. Not that any of that matters now, with the lack of a Skyway in either park...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

My understanding is that it is a permanent change to help with guest flow and the congestion that builds up on Main Street during the parade.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    My understanding is that it is a permanent change to help with guest flow and the congestion that builds up on Main Street during the parade.
    Kudos then. That is good enough for me. I will take this change as a sign of the MK going back to it's much better original self. Now bring back "Mickey Mouse Revue" once it closes at TDL in May. And the Plaza Swan Boats and "If you Had Wings" too.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I saw the title and I seriously thought you were going to ask what time the parade started. Whew!

I guess their plan worked. I know we used to watch the parade on Main Street, by the Kodak building. Now, we watch it in front of Liberty Tree Tavern. Less people over that way, and once the parade has passed, you can make your way into more of the park without fighting so much of the crowd.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I saw the title and I seriously thought you were going to ask what time the parade started. Whew!
    For me, start time was always 3:25pm since I alway watch the parade from Main Street USA. So I am glad they are going back to basics and beginning in Town Square.

Update: I've heard that April 8th-10th, the 12 PM parade will start in Frontierland and the 3PM one will start in Town Square. Not sure if this is a test or a long-term busy season step. Also, based on crowd levels (MK was at phase 4 yesterday) they might cancel show stops.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Now bring back "Mickey Mouse Revue" once it closes at TDL in May. And the Plaza Swan Boats and "If you Had Wings" too.
    Only if they are added, and don't replace...more attractions are always welcome, and I still would love to see the Mickey Mouse Revue!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    Update: I've heard that April 8th-10th, the 12 PM parade will start in Frontierland and the 3PM one will start in Town Square. Not sure if this is a test or a long-term busy season step. Also, based on crowd levels (MK was at phase 4 yesterday) they might cancel show stops.
    That bugs me terribly! TDL get 6 times heavier crowds on busy holidays and they *never* cut back the experience for guests. Why should they eliminate show modes just because the park is full? Au contraire, these are the times when the MK should be putting on the best show possible! ARGH!! That makes me horribly mad!!! Maybe they need to add more capacity to the park!! DLP arcades please? I would then suppose they will cancel the "Celebrate it" street party since it does require open space to do it properly, with characters and guests on the street dancing?
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-08-2009 at 01:47 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Only if they are added, and don't replace...more attractions are always welcome, and I still would love to see the Mickey Mouse Revue!
    You have until mid may in TDL. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That bugs me terribly! TDL get 6 times heavier crowds on busy holidays and they *never* cut back the experience for guests. Why should they eliminate show modes just because the park is full? Au contraire, these are the times when the MK should be putting on the best show possible! ARGH!! That makes me horribly mad!!! Maybe they need to add more capacity to the park!! DLP arcades please? I would then suppose they will cancel the "Celebrate it" street party since it does require open space to do it properly, with characters and guests on the street dancing?
    I agree about the show stops. Why invest in creating them if you aren't going to do them when the most people are visiting? I haven't heard about the street party, but I suspect it will continue since it mainly is in the HUB.

The arcades won't happen, it would make Holmes' parking place further away.

• Banned User

Screw Holmes and his parking spot. And his clueless Meg's too! Put guests first I say.

Anyways. Seems to me the "Celebrate it" parade would be more of a hassle to perform with heavy daily TDL-like crowds in the MK. Those show modes in the parade are harmless but also convenient as they keep people stuck to the parade viewing are a bit longer, so that other areas of the park are not as congested.. perse.