• I was deleted.

Exclamation Magic Kingdom Refurb, 09.19.05 photo update

Here are some photos taken on Monday, Sept. 19th at the Magic Kingdom! Sorry for the delay with MiceChat being down. But hopefully better late than never!

One area of Emproium side of Main Street gets a refurb wall.

Work continues on the Main Street Train Station as part of Town Square area is blocked off. (Which also shortens the parade route)

Signs to attempt to help the guest traffic flow. Good thing the park is very empty these days.

Main Street Station on the right side as you exit.

A closer shot of the workers. I wonder if the lights mean they are doing some night work here too?

Even closer...

Main Street Station on the left side as you exit.

The tarps don't look too bad from the front for photos... it's from the Main Street end where you can see tarps and walls everywhere.

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Re: Magic Kingdom Refurb, 09.19.05 photo update

Great pictures. keep them coming!
    <o>

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DLCM
    Great pictures. keep them coming!
    Thanks. I am glad to get finally get some more pictures up on here. Bill should be posting some of Pooh's Playful Spot sometime soon... nudge, nudge...

• Banned User

Ha ha ha, yeah, I've been slackin'.

Perhaps if I post them I can my umbrella back from Briana, as I left it with her last time by mistake...

LOL

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Ha ha ha, yeah, I've been slackin'.

Perhaps if I post them I can my umbrella back from Briana, as I left it with her last time by mistake...

LOL
    Yeah... I will get it to you on the Monday HalloWishes meetup if you post those photos NOW.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Thanks for hte pics BPF!!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Are they just repainting everything? I was there in August but only a portion of the station was closed off. I guess they decided the whole thing should be shut down.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Are they just repainting everything? I was there in August but only a portion of the station was closed off. I guess they decided the whole thing should be shut down.
    Well you can still get in and go on the train at Main Street Station so that could be it. But it looked like they were working the ceiling tiles or whatever you would like to call them also.

While it's always good to see work being done at the MK, I have to be cynical/realistic about this whole thing.

1.) the Railroad station was literally falling apart from years of neglect;
    2.) most of the work being done under it is to make a SuperSized Stroller rental area for today's SuperSized Lazy Parent/Guest;
    3.) the Town Square work invloves taking away curbs ala The Hub as per orders from Disney Legal. Too many moron are tripping and falling on their fat behinds, and with the stroller/wheelchair area being moved, they feel there will be more of these incidents than ever.
    4.) I sincerely doubt they are doing any real landscaping to Town Square. Having visited DL last week post-Emmys, I must say the difference between the TS areas in both parks really is striking. DL's is beautiful with all different kinds of colorful flowers under real trees. the MK's is stark and empty other than the Roy and Minnie statue.

• Banned User

Curb removal is a project for all of Main Street... it's on going as the budget allows though, so it's being done in small phases.

Don't expect more than widening and curb removal

• Banned User

Why spend money where it is not needed.. (Darn legal department trying to fool proof parks... Next thing we know.. park admission goes up $10 and we have to wear helmates around the park...LOL J/K)

nice photos...

• Self Congratulative

Yes, the station was falling apart, which was the cause for funding, but what really pushed the station project into full gear so fast had to do with terrorism/security fears.

Although I'm sure a threat of terrorism/security problems would be minimal, they thought that the lockers were in a dangerous location which would block the park exits in case of an emergency.

Also, they were supposed to be adding some sort of electrical equipment to the station but I'm not sure what it was.