View Poll Results: No one cares about this thread because...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its too long.

0 0%
  • The photos are too small.

0 0%
  • Theres too many photos.

1 8.33%
  • The people in the photos are ugly.

4 33.33%
  • The photos are not interesting.

0 0%
  • I dont even like WRDup. Hes stupid.

0 0%
  • It was boring. I fell asleep.

0 0%
  • What... The post was sooo exciting it left me speechless!

5 41.67%
  • I dont even like WDW and didnt care to comment about it.

1 8.33%
  • I dont know how to post.

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• out & about

*3X-LRG PHOTO TOUR* WRDup and Co visit WDW...

The WRDup crew consists of three brothers Wesley (the brains), Jason (the delicate one), Josh (the good looking one) & Kody (the fat friend).

After, Me (Wesley), Josh & Kody visited DL Paris in the summer of 2003, we vowed to take a trip to WDW (to get a well rounded perspective). And well... we did, in December... 2004!!! But lets just pretend Im not almost a year late in retelling the tale of our adventures in Walts bigger (but neccessarily better) playground. Lets go...

The journey begins 2 days prior to our scheduled 4-day land, 3-day sea package start date when we fly into Orlando to get a head start on the fun. It was Jasons first ever Airplane flight. The pilot and stewardess awarded him with a complimentary set of pilots wings and extra bag of trail mix, YES! We figured with everything WDW has to offer we'd better get there plenty early to see and do things we would otherwise deem too un-mandatory and to get some quality rest. So we reserved a cozy little room at Disneys All-Star Sports Resort.

Me on the "X" and Josh behind the "O". We stayed in the football hotel. I was never a big fan of football and Im still not.

Jason, Kody & Josh enjoy some McDonalds in DTD. Da da da da da, Im Loving It! We also ate at the Food Court at the All-Star Resort. It wasnt great but it was good.

After visiting all the shops in DTD and walking through a very empty Pleasure Island we thought it best to turn in early and get as much sleep as we could for the upcoming week-o-fun. Early the next morning we packed up and drove to Disneys Beach Club Resort. WOW! Now this place is classy. Its probably the nicest hotel Ive stayed at (excluding the hotels of Las Vegas). The rooms were... roomy and the landscaping and surrounding areas were beautiful. There was a Contenintal Breakfast being served while we waited to check-in that Josh though was FREE... needless to say he STOLE 4 very large cinnimmon rolls. They were excellent.

Left: A nice shot of the light house/boat dock that taxis guests to and from EPCOT & MGM Studios. Right: The view of Disneys Boarkwalk from our hotel Balcony.

Josh freshens up for the day while Jason appears to calculating his next move.

Disney Beach Club Resort is right in EPCOTS backyard. We almost had a heart-attack when the fireworks went off and caught us by suprise.

Disneys Boarkwalk provided some much needed release of late night energy. Thins close down realitively early at the Beach Club so the more adult oriented Boardwalk gave us something to do until bedtime. Plus this view from our room at night gave us something other than the TV to look at.

WALT DISNEYS MAGIC KINGDOM...
    Shortly after checking in we made our way to the bus stop to make our first of 3 visits to the MK. Being brought up riding trams to from Disneyland in CA the bus situation was a little intimidating and wasnt as efficient as I am acustomed but it worked. I must say I do enjoy riding the bus throught the swampy countryside from our resort to the park. And I was and still am overwhelmed with the size of it all. The park was lovely. The temp was just right and it wasnt over crowded. Our first stop was Space Mountain! SM Ca was nearing the end of its refurb and we hadnt ridin' since Paris in '03. it was refreshing but hardly satisfying especially with SM Paris fresh in our minds. The enormity of the park leaves DLR with growing pangs. We spent all day rediscovering all our favorite attraction with a new twist or suprise and eagerly tried new attractions for the first time. The MK was our Wonderland and we never wanted to come back up through the rabbit hole.

The following photos are of us having a good time at the Magic Kingdom. I hope looking at them now will be just as much fun as being there, but I doubt it.
    Nevertheless, enjoy!

Preping for Cinco De Mayo (its big in Ca). Jason, Josh & Kody Finally do time for stealing the Cinnimmon Rolls

Theres always room for popcorn. Jason awaits Mickey Philhar-magic.

"Whats you lookin at"? "Hey guys wait for me"!

Josh and I await the 3-D spectacular. Me Josh & Kody lower ourselves toconsulting a map like the unsuspecting tourists we were.

Stick 'em up ya blimey cocroaches. "I like soda"!

it must be the light...

Jason chillin with Roy and Minnie. Main St Station.

And now some scenery shots...

FIREWORKS...

DISNEYS ANIMAL KIKNGDOM...
    With the Mk out of the way our nerves were settled and we relaxed a little and didnt feel the need to rush anymore! That dosent mean we started slacking though. next up was Disneys Animal Kingdom. We help this park to high expectations and they were met in everyway. First of all it was doubly as huge as Mk was and much larger than I could have anticipated. I thouroghly enjoyed myself. I wish we could have spent more time exploring all the park had to offer with its lush forests and jungles and exotic wildlife. Here are a few of the exciting situations we encountered.

We were facsinated by these wolf bats and spent the better part of an hour just staring in unbelief at how big and mean these things are. GEEZ!

We got a ton of other shots of mostly animals laying around doing nothing but I htought Id spare you the agony of look through a 6 dozen photos of a tiger staring at me.

DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS...
    Im sorry to say this was my least favorite park. By day 3 we were barely hangin on and were in desperate need of a pick me up. Adding fuel to the fire was the scoarching temprature. The humidity had finally taken its toll and I was ready for a nap... but not before we saw the Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular and rode Star Tours, ToT, & Rockin' Roller Coaster 3 times in a row! Unfortunately the heat must have impaired my ability to take pictures this day... sorry these were the best i could come up with.

E.P.C.O.T. ...
    This was my second favorite park to visit. We walked form our room at the Beach Club down a small and short trail that lead directly into the rear-end (lol, i know) of EPCOTS World Showcase. We actually went twice we liked it so much. We were al fascinated by the different countries and spent hours upon hours shopping and checking out all the different cultural nuainces and even spent some time talking to the CMs from the different countries asking questions about their culture and heritage. It was a really fun educational experience. One unlike any other. Even while touring Europe in 2003 I hadnt been so exposed to such a variety and array of eye-opening epiphanys and enlightenments. I wish I could spend everyday being able to eat lunch in Mexico and dinner in Japan with shopping in France, Germany and China in between. What a valuable and exciting experience EPCOTs World Showcase was. The there was the rest of the park... amazing! Although we spent so much time in the W.S. we missed much of what the park had to offer (even on our second visit) but managed to fit in a few essentials. The Space Ice Cream is a must.

Spaceship Earth with its funky epcot wand. Josh, Belle, Wes, Beast & Kody.

Jason, Wesley, Kody & Josh. Mission Space... excellent by the way!

Canada & England

Senor Josh & some senoritas in Mexico. Japanese food to-go... finally a decent meal!

Yikes! Jason & Wes stolling along at dusk.

Josh & Jason posing for shot with barely enough light left.

Josh looks like hes gonna try out for a doll in the Mexico section of IASW. A weird looking monster anda Troll. J/K... the trolls name is Kody!

Germany and Italy were two of our fav stops on our real trip to Europe so were eager to see how they matched up.
    In case you were wondering the real Germany was much more beautiful but the customer service and chocolate we better in EPCOT. Italy on the other hand was better all the way around at WDW. This probably had something to do with the record breaking heatwave that covered most of Europe while we were there in '03.

Japan, Jason favorite. He loves the food. We ate at the Teppanyaki place and met a very nice couple from England. We were all talking in British accents before the night was over.

Test Track & Mission Space.

Mexico & Canada

TYPHOON LAGOON...
    My memory is a little fuzzy so Im not even sure when we were able to fit-in the visit to this park but we thankfully we did cause it was a blast. Growing up in southern california Ive had my share of water park fun-in-the-sun. Ive been to Raging Waters countless times and Id like to think I know a thing or two about water slides. But as usual the good things about other water parks were blown out of the water, so to speak, by Disneys creative and immearsive (no pun intended this time) theming and landscaping. Thing that stood out to me the most and that set this park apart from all others is its entire design, theming, layout, convenience and most of all its FUN Factor. I always find myself with my mouth open in quandry while saying "Howd they do that"? or "Thats amazing"! and TL was no exception. The shipwreck and wave pool are masterfully executed and the landscaping seemingly transports me away from central Florida and into the depths of some tropical water-slide filled utopian paradise. The water wasnt even cold! Perfection!

One of the most exciting things about the trip was the water-proff case I bought for my Sony Cybershot T-1 (most of these pictures were taken witht that camera), that allowed us to take my camera everywhere... Even under water!

The good, the bad and the ugly! What are the odds?

...and the wildlife!

And that just about sums up the first half of the trip. Are you as exhasted as I am? Well, then you had better take a nap and finish later cause you aint seen nothing yet... actually if youve read everything Ive written so far you deserve a medal. Im no J.K. Rowling so Im sure most of what Ive said has been redundant has been redundant, boring and ill edited. But none the less lets move forward.
    We ended our stint on land as a bitter sweet symphony. We wanted to stay to finish exploring, but that coud take weeks... months and our ship left at 2pm so we had to hurry. Of course we got lost while headed to port canaveral. Once we spotted cape canaveral we were drawn in like Kim to a candy store and ended up face to face with a space shuttle and apollo rockets. Once we re-gripped our bearings, and got new directions there was nothing stopping us from getting on with the magic.

3 Night Disney Cruise...
    I must say this was the coolest thing Ive ever done. I cant think of another leisure activity that induces so much leisure and care free-ness than getting on a boat and leaving all our worries behind. Plus all the food is FREE. And when i say all I mean ALL. I still cant beleive how much they fed us. It was good stuff too and it kept coming and coming and as if that wasnt enought, to top it all off... it was FREE! From the moment we boarded till the time we arrived back in Fl there wasnt a dull moment. Nassau & Paradise Island were outstanding, warm, friendly, laid-back and just plain cool. While Disneys Castaway Cay is a playground like none other. A one-of-a-kind destination. I cant even describe how enthrawled I was at every moment during our 3 night stay aboard the Disney Wonder so I will let the pictures do the talking. Enjoy...

A little bit of this stuff and I was good to go!

NASSAU BAHAMAS...

CASTAWAY CAY...

CHARACTERS...

Hercules: the MUSE-ical Wes, Josh and the Muse's

Wes, Belle & Josh. Cinderella.

Mickey & Minnie

Cinderella; a Muse & Hook 'n Wes!

Goofy and Josh with some dudes from Hurcules.

Wesley, Mickey, Joshua. Donald & Co. messin around the boat.

ORLANDO INTL AIRPORT...

What a great expression! What does it mean? I think it means were going home and hes not happy about it.

So there you have it. 9 days worth of fun and laughter abridged and compacted for your enjoyment via MiceChat. Let the record show that this thread has been 5 days in the making. With all the outages and down server time plus resizing and uploading all the photos this was no easy task. Im glad its done and i hope you enjoyed reading about our trip and looking at our photos.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

Re: *3X-LRG PHOTO TOUR* WRDup and Co visit WDW...

How sad! After 3 days and 80 views no one cares to comment!
    I thought for sure all the pics would be a big hit.
    Maybe the Florida types dont like visitors from California!
    Maybe...?

WplusK.com

Great photos! That was quite the undertaking with the text and all. I read it all though. (Where's my medal? ) You guys look like you had a great time. I always go on my trips by myself so I'm kind of envious. Traveling in a marauding gang looks like fun! Too bad you didn't make it to Blizzard Beach (under refurb I suspect). Oh well, just gives you an excuse to go back.

• out & about

Posting this thread was quite the undertaking but I wanted to share so it was worth it. I think I impress myselfmore than anyone else

I reall wanted to go to Blizzard Beach and was dismayed quite a bit when I learned it was going to be down for re-furb. But it does give a nice excuse (as if an excuse is needed) to go back again. I cant wait to go on Summit Plummit!

Thanks for looking, reading and most importantly, posting a response.

WplusK.com

Hey, don't feel bad. I think a lot of people subscribe to their favorite forums and never even look at the others. It's not just here on MiceChat, but a lot of the other Disneyland-centric boards as well. I've posted all kinds of WDW related things in various places and have gotten a much similar response (as in none). But hey, at least no one has found anything to argue with you about in your post! Haha.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Wow! That's a pretty cool trip report. Glad you had so much fun.

I particularly enjoyed the photos from the Disney Cruise Line.... someday...someday...

Glad you enjoyed your first WDW vacation. Next time be sure to spend some more time in Epcot. It's a great place to explore. Check out The Land and Ellen's Energy Adventure. Also, hope you took a ride on Spaceship Earth. It's a great Audio-Animatronics ride.

Thanks again for posting and sharing this.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Wow! That's a pretty cool trip report. Glad you had so much fun.

I particularly enjoyed the photos from the Disney Cruise Line.... someday...someday...

Glad you enjoyed your first WDW vacation. Next time be sure to spend some more time in Epcot. It's a great place to explore. Check out The Land and Ellen's Energy Adventure. Also, hope you took a ride on Spaceship Earth. It's a great Audio-Animatronics ride.

Thanks again for posting and sharing this.
    EPCOT was thrilling and we didnt even get to half of it. The Land, Ellens Energy Adventure and Spaceship Earth are all on the list of things to do next time..
    Im glad you like the cruise pics. That was definetly the highlight of everything!

WplusK.com

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

What a novel way of posting a trip report - way better than paragraph after paragraph! Except for the hairy back pic, a really nice collection. Do you have any of these available on another site, maybe full size? Some of those evening Epcot shots would make good wallpaper!!!

And as for the lack of response, this is the first I've seen of your post. Perhaps other activity bumped it down a ways and off of the radar. Hope you get a good response, and keep doing things like this - very enjoyable!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    What a novel way of posting a trip report - way better than paragraph after paragraph! Except for the hairy back pic, a really nice collection. Do you have any of these available on another site, maybe full size? Some of those evening Epcot shots would make good wallpaper!!!

And as for the lack of response, this is the first I've seen of your post. Perhaps other activity bumped it down a ways and off of the radar. Hope you get a good response, and keep doing things like this - very enjoyable!
    Thank You. I really appreciated you comments.
    Just let me know which shots you would like full-size and I can email them to you.

WplusK.com

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

Awesome trip report!!!! Great pics.... even though I'm a regular vistor to WDW, your pics captured certain angles I had never seen before. What kind of camera did you use? The colors look very vibrant.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by HMFan
    Awesome trip report!!!! Great pics.... even though I'm a regular vistor to WDW, your pics captured certain angles I had never seen before. What kind of camera did you use? The colors look very vibrant.
    Most of the photos were shot with my Sony Cybershot T1, other were taken with Kodys Cannon EXLIM and the real dull colored ones were taken with my Sony Handycam DCR-TRV22.

Im really glad you enjoyed the pics.

WplusK.com

• Banned User

Hey WDR... Great pics. I just ran into your trip report today.. Looks like you guys had a blast. I am very jealous because I didn't get to go to Castaway Cay and you did! Boohoo!

No seriously... great pics (especially the ones of you guys in various stages of undress hehehe)

Also, don't feel discouraged.. I have posted many pics of my own and NO one has cared to comment as well... Very disheartening but that doesn't mean there is some Disney geek looking at them and salivating. In a good way I mean.

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your trip with us infidels...

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Hey... I am very jealous because I didn't get to go to Castaway Cay and you did! Boohoo!
    Thanks for taking the time to post and share your trip with us infidels...
    The cool about our trip to Castaway Cay is that there was a pretty heavy storm the night before. Some people didnt even get off the boat, so it wasnt even crowded. The waters were a little rough though (Ialmost drowned like 5 time snorkeling) so they gave everyone their money back for the excursions they bought and gave away all rentals for the day for FREE! They still did all the regular island activities.

WplusK.com

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Also, don't feel discouraged.. I have posted many pics of my own and NO one has cared to comment as well...
    Keep them beautiful pics coming, TDL - I'll always comment on 'em!

• Been there-Doing it again

Great photos and funny report. I would have posted sooner but I went blind for a while and I think you know why. Had you not posted the "good" pic under the "ugly" pic it might have been permanent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast